DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1001  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:52 PM
ceckha's Avatar
ceckha ceckha is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 62
Default Re: travis barker in plane crash?

famous people in general don't mix with planes. i'm sure he'll pull through.
__________________
happiness - only real when shared.
Reply With Quote
  #1002  
Old 09-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Diaz Diaz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Roxbury, New Jersey
Posts: 69
Default Re: travis barker in plane crash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceckha View Post
famous people in general don't mix with planes. i'm sure he'll pull through.
Famous people are demanded all throughout the world therefore they HAVE to use planes. Travis will pull through and still be an inspiration to many drummers
Reply With Quote
  #1003  
Old 09-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Steamer's Avatar
Steamer Steamer is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada
Posts: 3,755
Default Re: Travis Barker

Critical condition with extensive burns is the latest update from the hospital treating him I just heard on the net. Might be a lengthy recovery...
__________________
Stan

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan
Reply With Quote
  #1004  
Old 09-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Steady Freddy's Avatar
Steady Freddy Steady Freddy is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the pocket.
Posts: 1,528
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
Critical condition with extensive burns is the latest update from the hospital treating him I just heard on the net. Might be a lengthy recovery...
Yep. Burns are horrible. It will be a very long recovery. This is really a sad thing to hear about. Really sad that anyone should have to go through this.

My prayers are with him.
__________________
My body stunk, but I kept my funk.
Reply With Quote
  #1005  
Old 09-21-2008, 04:47 PM
awe_1 awe_1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31
Default Plane Crash, Travis barker

wow just heard the news. Hope he gets better from the plane crash: a criticle but stable state, shows how serious it was.. I hear also one of his best friends died in the crash aswell. get well Travis!!
Reply With Quote
  #1006  
Old 09-21-2008, 05:12 PM
drumpunk drumpunk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 9
Default Re: Travis Barker

i hope they both get better, thats to bad that happened. Also, does anyone know how to play the beginning of the travis barker boost mobile muscle suit video??? its about seconds 1 threw 6. i would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks!!!

Last edited by drumpunk; 09-21-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: wrong words
Reply With Quote
  #1007  
Old 09-22-2008, 01:20 AM
LM201's Avatar
LM201 LM201 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mt, Juliet, Tennessee
Posts: 429
Default Re: Travis Barker

I don't like his drumming, but he's a fellow human being and he's a better drummer than me. Just like that damn Karen Carpenter...
__________________
PEWFLADCC-Master Cake Baker
!!!!RIP FINN!!!!

Last edited by LM201; 09-23-2008 at 03:56 AM. Reason: I reailzed my comment was disrespectful right now
Reply With Quote
  #1008  
Old 09-23-2008, 06:47 PM
remoking's Avatar
remoking remoking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 256
Default Re: Travis Barker

It's great to hear that Travis and DJ AM are expected to fully recover!

So much for some of his tatoos lol.
__________________
Life's waiting to begin...
Reply With Quote
  #1009  
Old 12-03-2008, 09:45 PM
drummer_kid drummer_kid is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumpunk View Post
i hope they both get better, thats to bad that happened. Also, does anyone know how to play the beginning of the travis barker boost mobile muscle suit video??? its about seconds 1 threw 6. i would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks!!!
Yes! hard to explain though... but i'll try. he takes his left hadn and does doubls w/ the high tom and w/ his right hand doubles on snare.. then he switches and does the same thing just w/ the snare and floor tom and finishes it off w/ a role. that is if my memory is complete..
Reply With Quote
  #1010  
Old 12-04-2008, 02:22 PM
LeeLovesSabian's Avatar
LeeLovesSabian LeeLovesSabian is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 532
Default Re: Travis Barker

I think he did a good remix of "soulja boy"
Even though I despise that song
__________________
All Things Zombie Forum

http://www.allthingszombie.com/forums/index.php

User ID Creeping Death
Reply With Quote
  #1011  
Old 12-11-2008, 01:36 AM
drummer girl09's Avatar
drummer girl09 drummer girl09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern U.S.A
Posts: 272
Default Re: Travis Barker

Talking about hittin hard on the thread, this guy hits the hardest I think. A friend of mine did a cover of soulja boy, and he did it just as good, but didn't hit nearly as hard, and none of the fancy stuff T.B did. Shows that you don't have to hit hard to sound/be good.
__________________
Funnyman, you'll never be anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #1012  
Old 12-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Jonesy's Avatar
Jonesy Jonesy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 185
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer girl09 View Post
Talking about hittin hard on the thread, this guy hits the hardest I think. A friend of mine did a cover of soulja boy, and he did it just as good, but didn't hit nearly as hard, and none of the fancy stuff T.B did. Shows that you don't have to hit hard to sound/be good.
Who ever said you had to hit hard to sound good?
Reply With Quote
  #1013  
Old 12-15-2008, 01:48 AM
trkdrmr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Travis Barker

I am a recent follower of Travis work. No, I don't think he is the be-all-and-end-all that I read about. He doesn't seem like the second coming, or someone who could out drum Buddy Rich.

But what I do think about his is he is creative, and brings a great energy into drumming. He is very kinetic and lively. I have been listening to the best of Blink 182 when I am stuck over here, and I can see why he is popular. He is very entertaining to listen to and watch. His energy and larger than life stage presence psyches me up to play. He works hard and earned his accolades, carving his own niche. He just gets a little too deified sometimes.

I am very greatful that he recoved from his horrific plane crash. I hope he is successful with his legal endeavors and getting back on the throne. He is a monster talent in any regard.
Reply With Quote
  #1014  
Old 12-15-2008, 01:54 AM
LM201's Avatar
LM201 LM201 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mt, Juliet, Tennessee
Posts: 429
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer girl09 View Post
Talking about hittin hard on the thread, this guy hits the hardest I think. A friend of mine did a cover of soulja boy, and he did it just as good, but didn't hit nearly as hard, and none of the fancy stuff T.B did. Shows that you don't have to hit hard to sound/be good.
Maybe it was because with Travis you heard HIS tuning, HIS drums, HIS cymbals, and his drums were condensed.

Say you got drums and cymbals exactly like Neil Peart. You can tune them the same, use the same sticks and still they won't sound anything like they do in a recording or in a setting where mics are used.

I have the Paragon ride and I can tell you it doesn't sound exactly the same as Neil's on the R30 DVD
__________________
PEWFLADCC-Master Cake Baker
!!!!RIP FINN!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1015  
Old 12-15-2008, 04:44 AM
drummer girl09's Avatar
drummer girl09 drummer girl09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern U.S.A
Posts: 272
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Who ever said you had to hit hard to sound good?


There was a huge thread on it. It was a huge debate on it. Sorry if I offended some one, just my opinion.
__________________
Funnyman, you'll never be anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #1016  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:50 AM
DrummerDavid's Avatar
DrummerDavid DrummerDavid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 164
Default Re: Travis Barker

Travis does nothing for me. I have respect for him...but I just don't get it.
Reply With Quote
  #1017  
Old 12-19-2008, 03:14 AM
ian123's Avatar
ian123 ian123 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 18
Default Re: Travis Barker

alright this has probably been said already but im not about to read all 1000 of these posts so here it goes. Travis Barker IS a good drummer but the reason so many people hate him is this: people who dont play drums watch him and think hes good because he plays fast, which angers people who do play drums. Then, those people start saying how its easy to play fast and that they can do it too and Travis is overrated, etc. However, the reason he is a good drummer is not because hes fast, but because of the creativity he uses in all of his songs, as well as how defined his style is. You can listen to any given song with him on drums and immediately tell its him, and thats not something that many drummers can say about themselves. So what im saying is no, hes not the best but he is definately a good drummer to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #1018  
Old 12-19-2008, 03:40 AM
tomgrosset's Avatar
tomgrosset tomgrosset is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 735
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian123 View Post
alright this has probably been said already but im not about to read all 1000 of these posts so here it goes. Travis Barker IS a good drummer but the reason so many people hate him is this: people who dont play drums watch him and think hes good because he plays fast, which angers people who do play drums. Then, those people start saying how its easy to play fast and that they can do it too and Travis is overrated, etc. However, the reason he is a good drummer is not because hes fast, but because of the creativity he uses in all of his songs, as well as how defined his style is. You can listen to any given song with him on drums and immediately tell its him, and thats not something that many drummers can say about themselves. So what im saying is no, hes not the best but he is definately a good drummer to say the least.
I also wanna add that the reason why he's viewed as being so talented is because he was in a well known band called Blink 182. That definitely got his name out there.

Personally, the one thing that annoys me about Travis is that it's not Travis himself, it's the vast amount of people, who aren't musically oriented, who compare Travis to a very talented drummer who actually have an amazing talent like Buddy Rich or Tony Williams for example. That to me is so ridiculous and simply isn't feasible. You can't compare the two although I do see it all the time especially on YouTube. In my eyes, Travis is overrated but he does have some good ideas and he has inspired millions of people so I give him credit for that.
__________________
YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/TomGrosset
Reply With Quote
  #1019  
Old 12-19-2008, 04:17 AM
remoking's Avatar
remoking remoking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 256
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian123 View Post
alright this has probably been said already but im not about to read all 1000 of these posts so here it goes. Travis Barker IS a good drummer but the reason so many people hate him is this: people who dont play drums watch him and think hes good because he plays fast, which angers people who do play drums. Then, those people start saying how its easy to play fast and that they can do it too and Travis is overrated, etc. However, the reason he is a good drummer is not because hes fast, but because of the creativity he uses in all of his songs, as well as how defined his style is. You can listen to any given song with him on drums and immediately tell its him, and thats not something that many drummers can say about themselves. So what im saying is no, hes not the best but he is definately a good drummer to say the least.
I agree. I don't think he's the best drummer ever, lol that's ridiculous. Nor did I think that before I started drumming. However, I've always been inspired by Travis, and was a big fan of his old band, Blink-182. I also understand though why so many people think he's "overrated". He did get a lot of publicity from his reality show "Meet the Barkers". I will say this...I think it would be quite an unfair assumption for someone to just flat out say...Travis Isn't good. The fact that he does have speed, and can use it in a creative way, is something alot of people don't have.
__________________
Life's waiting to begin...
Reply With Quote
  #1020  
Old 12-19-2008, 04:38 AM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgrosset View Post
I also wanna add that the reason why he's viewed as being so talented is because he was in a well known band called Blink 182. That definitely got his name out there.
The reason Blink-182 was popular is because it had Travis Barker in it, not the other way around.
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #1021  
Old 12-19-2008, 05:04 AM
remoking's Avatar
remoking remoking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 256
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805Drummer View Post
The reason Blink-182 was popular is because it had Travis Barker in it, not the other way around.
When Travis came into the band and replaced their old drummer, Scott Raynor...Travis wasn't even that big yet. Travis alone isn't the reason why Blink was so big.
__________________
Life's waiting to begin...
Reply With Quote
  #1022  
Old 12-19-2008, 12:07 PM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoking View Post
When Travis came into the band and replaced their old drummer, Scott Raynor...Travis wasn't even that big yet. Travis alone isn't the reason why Blink was so big.
Yes, but after that, I think Travis was the main reason for the band's success.
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #1023  
Old 12-24-2008, 08:12 AM
travisbarkerfan travisbarkerfan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Default Re: Travis Barker

halo, i love travis barker, travis barker is so cool!
Reply With Quote
  #1024  
Old 12-26-2008, 01:21 PM
travisbarkerfan travisbarkerfan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Default Re: Travis Barker

hey bro, i need travis barker's drums sheet, can you give me that, please?
Reply With Quote
  #1025  
Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 PM
drummer girl09's Avatar
drummer girl09 drummer girl09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern U.S.A
Posts: 272
Default Re: Travis Barker

I was watching this video of Buddy Rich doing a solo or something, and some of the comments below were like, "Travis Barker could beat his butt (the censored word) if Buddy was still alive..." and all this junk. That is what makes me mad is when non-drummers compare Barker to the old school drummers like Buddy and say that Travis can beat him. You can't compare different genres of music. Of course Travis would be better at pop and rock then Buddy, but Buddy has got him down on the old school kind of music like jazz.
Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.

But yeah Travis is a really good drummer, and definably creative. He can create the new stuff, but the drummers that have seen him play the stuff can probably play the same stuff. The only plus for Travis is that HE created the grooves and stuff. If that makes sense...tell me if it doesn't and I will try to explain better.
__________________
Funnyman, you'll never be anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #1026  
Old 12-26-2008, 08:51 PM
That Guy's Avatar
That Guy That Guy is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,655
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer girl09 View Post
I was watching this video of Buddy Rich doing a solo or something, and some of the comments below were like, "Travis Barker could beat his butt (the censored word) if Buddy was still alive..." and all this junk. That is what makes me mad is when non-drummers compare Barker to the old school drummers like Buddy and say that Travis can beat him. You can't compare different genres of music. Of course Travis would be better at pop and rock then Buddy, but Buddy has got him down on the old school kind of music like jazz.
Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.

But yeah Travis is a really good drummer, and definably creative. He can create the new stuff, but the drummers that have seen him play the stuff can probably play the same stuff. The only plus for Travis is that HE created the grooves and stuff. If that makes sense...tell me if it doesn't and I will try to explain better.
Most drummers cringe at the thought of comparing these guys. You can't.
Reply With Quote
  #1027  
Old 12-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Aggressivec
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Travis Barker

His work with the Aquabats is absolutly awesome. Other then that, hee sucks. Check out "The Cat with 2 heads".
Reply With Quote
  #1028  
Old 12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
drummer girl09's Avatar
drummer girl09 drummer girl09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern U.S.A
Posts: 272
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
Most drummers cringe at the thought of comparing these guys. You can't.
That's exactly what I mean, you absolutely can't compare can't compare a modern drummer to a drummer in the early 1920s. It's an insult really.
__________________
Funnyman, you'll never be anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #1029  
Old 02-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Tank322's Avatar
Tank322 Tank322 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 65
Default Re: Travis Barker

why does everyone fight over travis barker "HES AMAZING" "HE HAS NO TALENT IM BETTER THEN HIM" who cares everyone has an opinion of people and fighting over whos better and whos worse is pointless because you will still have those people who hate or love him i personally like him. i just think its stupid the man plays drums and loves it and who cares if he plays hard hes into and hes just having fun isnt that what your supposed to do when you drum have fun and if drum for other reasons and dont have fun playing i dont think you should play drums because as serious as i am for drumming getting better and making music in my band i always have fun imo thats the most important aspect of drumming. thats my two cents and did you guys here BLINK182 is back im so pumped.
Reply With Quote
  #1030  
Old 03-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Toza's Avatar
Toza Toza is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Croatia
Posts: 315
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressivec View Post
His work with the Aquabats is absolutly awesome. Other then that, hee sucks. Check out "The Cat with 2 heads".
true !
__________________
kicks like thunder, snares like gunshot
Reply With Quote
  #1031  
Old 03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Travis Barker

Anybody know how he's doing since the accident? Has he recovered to the point of returning to the drums?

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks. ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #1032  
Old 03-06-2009, 01:45 AM
beatsMcGee's Avatar
beatsMcGee beatsMcGee is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,326
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Anybody know how he's doing since the accident? Has he recovered to the point of returning to the drums?

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks. ;-)
as far as I know he got to the point where he was playing again, infact he did a few shows with DJ-AM, but then he had to go back into the hospital because of some nerve damaged that left his fingers numb. This resulted in another surgury (which you could see his arm in a sling at the grammy presentation) and now hes got 8 weeks or so to recover before hopping back behind the kit...im excited though because blink is back and I cant wait to see their new work/tour...

also check out his myspace page for more info.. he posted pics and a detailed explanation of what happened to his arm most reciently.

cheers
Reply With Quote
  #1033  
Old 03-06-2009, 05:17 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsMcGee View Post
as far as I know he got to the point where he was playing again, infact he did a few shows with DJ-AM, but then he had to go back into the hospital because of some nerve damaged that left his fingers numb. This resulted in another surgury (which you could see his arm in a sling at the grammy presentation) and now hes got 8 weeks or so to recover before hopping back behind the kit...im excited though because blink is back and I cant wait to see their new work/tour...

also check out his myspace page for more info.. he posted pics and a detailed explanation of what happened to his arm most reciently.

cheers
Really? That's good to hear about TB. Hope he's back to 100% soon.

And to hear that Blink is back...WOW! This should be very interesting.

Thanks, beats! ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #1034  
Old 03-09-2009, 05:20 AM
SGT_Drummer SGT_Drummer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Drum, New York
Posts: 204
Default Re: Travis Barker

i'm not going to debate whether he is a great drummer or not because as that has been stated, it's all a matter of opinion. fact of the matter is; his hands are very fast, he's very good with his footwork, and he is also very good at throwing accents and stuff into a song to break up the monotany that is typically associated with punk or pop-punk music.

if you want to compare him, then compare him to other drummers of his genre. he's famous because he goes above and beyond the basics. 95% of punk and pop punk drummers don't even attempt to vary from the gospel double time (as it relates to punk). and with the remaining 5%, he takes the cake. sure everybody can play a fast beat, vids are all over youtube of gerald heyward, dave weckl, vinnie coluta (i grossley misspelled that) doing this beat, but everyone else didn't get famous from doing it. he did. which goes to say something.
Reply With Quote
  #1035  
Old 03-09-2009, 06:04 AM
sk8erpnkmt369's Avatar
sk8erpnkmt369 sk8erpnkmt369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 37
Default Re: Travis Barker

All I want to say is Travis was my introduction to the drumset. Ever since I was little I've known I've wanted to play music. It was the power rangers theme song that gave me that idea (isn't that just an awesome theme song?). But it wasn't until around the 7th grade where I started listening to Blink and just automatically picked travis out from the mix. The dude totally went above and beyond the call of duty for his genre without making it too far fetched to distract you, and it so worked.

And now I'll be playing with my band and just totally doing work on the drums and, if we decided to do live recording of the practice, I will be listening to it realizing how much of an inspiration he was and is on me. I can literally pick out a snare bass drum lead-up and say, "wow, that's so travis barker."

Whether or not you think he's over-rated he has been a HUGE inspiration to so many drummers.

And I know what you guys are thinking....

... and yes, when I heard blink was back I DID in fact cry.
__________________
"Are you with the band?"

"Nah I'm the drummer"
Reply With Quote
  #1036  
Old 03-13-2009, 01:31 AM
beatsMcGee's Avatar
beatsMcGee beatsMcGee is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,326
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erpnkmt369 View Post
All I want to say is Travis was my introduction to the drumset. Ever since I was little I've known I've wanted to play music. It was the power rangers theme song that gave me that idea (isn't that just an awesome theme song?). But it wasn't until around the 7th grade where I started listening to Blink and just automatically picked travis out from the mix. The dude totally went above and beyond the call of duty for his genre without making it too far fetched to distract you, and it so worked.

And now I'll be playing with my band and just totally doing work on the drums and, if we decided to do live recording of the practice, I will be listening to it realizing how much of an inspiration he was and is on me. I can literally pick out a snare bass drum lead-up and say, "wow, that's so travis barker."

Whether or not you think he's over-rated he has been a HUGE inspiration to so many drummers.

And I know what you guys are thinking....

... and yes, when I heard blink was back I DID in fact cry.
You and I are in the same boat as far as, Travis being the main reason you got heavy into drumming. But what I like so much him is that when you do some reserach, and listen to interviews, he lists his drumming heroes as: gadd, chambers, buddy rich, lombardo, cobham, weckl and on and on... the significance of this is that when these "new to drums" drummers get infected with Travis and learn who he looked up to, they will inturn begin to see what inspired Travis and in turn aspire to new heights... (I.E they get hooked on the greats)... that is why I like Travis so much....he is a great influence musically on new drummers.

also he stresses the importance of reading/writing music and rudiments etc...
Reply With Quote
  #1037  
Old 06-10-2009, 03:41 AM
remoking's Avatar
remoking remoking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 256
Default Re: Travis Barker

I still think it's entirely ridiculous how many people find Travis Barker so "overrated". I think that fact in itself is "overrated". He deserves every bit of recognition he gets. He's collaborated with so many hip-hop artists out there, he's had his own reality show, he runs a clothing line (going on strong for 10 years now). Oh and not to mention...he's in the biggest punk rock band in the world. Blink 182 is the very genesis of the punk rock scene today. I can't even begin to explain how big they are in European countries, let alone the U.S.

Blink-182, 17 years deep in their legacy.
Reply With Quote
  #1038  
Old 06-10-2009, 05:37 AM
andSometimesY's Avatar
andSometimesY andSometimesY is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 203
Default Re: Travis Barker

The only good thing about Travis Barker is that he gets people in to drumming. The fact that he runs a clothing line or is in a famous group does NOT make him a better drummer, however. He is not a very skilled drummer, per se, but he does seem to be feeling the music that he plays, and that makes appear a bit more skillful to the non-drummer. I disagree with the above poster as I think that he is extremely overrated, but that is not Travis' fault, it is the people who talk about how good he is.
Reply With Quote
  #1039  
Old 06-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Mastershake16's Avatar
Mastershake16 Mastershake16 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 305
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoking View Post
I still think it's entirely ridiculous how many people find Travis Barker so "overrated". I think that fact in itself is "overrated". He deserves every bit of recognition he gets. He's collaborated with so many hip-hop artists out there, he's had his own reality show, he runs a clothing line (going on strong for 10 years now). Oh and not to mention...he's in the biggest punk rock band in the world. Blink 182 is the very genesis of the punk rock scene today. I can't even begin to explain how big they are in European countries, let alone the U.S.

Blink-182, 17 years deep in their legacy.
Excuse me sir, Blink aren't punk rock, not saying they're bad but they're not punk in it's definition
__________________
Yamaha Tour Custom - Yamaha Hardware - Sabian Xs20's
Reply With Quote
  #1040  
Old 06-10-2009, 06:07 AM
remoking's Avatar
remoking remoking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 256
Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastershake16 View Post
Excuse me sir, Blink aren't punk rock, not saying they're bad but they're not punk in it's definition
hahaha. Sir, are you kidding me?!?

PLEASE tell me your joking. Their last album, the self-titled album, was a big departure from all previous albums, as it was darker, and heavier influenced, but without a doubt remains in the punk rock genre.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com