DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 05-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Platinum Member

Default SilverFox Drumsticks

Hi there guys after months of using carbosticks i decided to give these a try as they apparently last longer than any other wood stick in the world, plus the carbosticks leave some nasty marks on my cymbals. I got the "JX" or 5B model. So far these sticks seem pretty good. The feel of them is pretty nice, these are big sticks and quite heavy but because of the balance, they don't feel too heavy when i'm actually playing. The attack i get on my drums and cymbals is really powerful and deep, but i guess that's just due to the size. So they feel and sound really good, but that is also the case with any 'ol vic firth or Vater stick out there. What supposedly sets these apart is the coveted "duralyx" finish on these things. So let's look at that.

I've not played these massively yet, only had them since yesterday but already when you look at all the dents, it seems like the actual finish itself has dented rather than just coming straight off with a bit of the stick. This is really great because i'd imagine it will make them last longer, plus so far there is absolutely no wood chippings to hoover up! So yeah i think SF might be onto something with this finish. Considering i can get these off HighWood for the same price as a normal pair of sticks, if these do last as long as they say they will, then i'm DEFINETLY reccomending them. Thanks.

EHs Music Facebook Page
Old 05-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: SilverFox Drumsticks

Locally made (Boston area). Good stuff, the pairs are hand rolled, weight and pitch matched. The coating does make a little difference, and they also keep durablility in mind when developing their profiles, which helps a lot. The tips on the basic 5a/5b etc are bullet shaped, but I prefer something more elliptical. Fortunately, they have plenty of styles to pick from.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: SilverFox Drumsticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
Locally made (Boston area). Good stuff, the pairs are hand rolled, weight and pitch matched. The coating does make a little difference, and they also keep durablility in mind when developing their profiles, which helps a lot. The tips on the basic 5a/5b etc are bullet shaped, but I prefer something more elliptical. Fortunately, they have plenty of styles to pick from.
Yeah these ones have acorn tipped heads, also i know what you mean about the profile, i think it has a large shoulder to try and stop the tips from coming off and i think that's why you get such a meaty bell sound with these.

EHs Music Facebook Page