DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 PM

Default Big Dog Double Pedal Pro any good?

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

It's time for me to move on and get a double bass pedal. Unfortunately, I'm on a tight budget so I can't afford to get a new bass and a new pedal so I'll have to settle for a double bass pedal. Even though the new double pedal I want will be my first, I don't want a cheap "good for beginners" double pedal, but I don't want an expensive one either.

I can always order double bass pedals from outside, but I have to use aramex and delivery charge is a bitch, so weight is a problem.

I'm thinking of getting these from my local music shop,who sell them for exactly the same price:
http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/brands/...445/p5886.aspx

The shop doesn't have much variety when it comes to double pedals, the only other ones they have are tama double pedals which aren't in stock right now.

I'm saving up money to get a good double pedal that will last me a year or 2. If the BigDog double pedal pro isn't that good please recommend me other double pedals. And if you need to know, I'm a metal player.

~ Thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Big Dog Double Pedal Pro any good?

Well, you could buy used, that way you'll save a lot of money. I know my Pearl Eliminators will last a long time, way longer than two years.
My advice is to try them all. If you like the Big Dog buy it. If you don't, keep on searching. There are many different pedals out there with lots of different feels.

Search the forum for this topic too.

Good luck :-)
Old 05-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank0072 View Post
Well, you could buy used, that way you'll save a lot of money. I know my Pearl Eliminators will last a long time, way longer than two years.
My advice is to try them all. If you like the Big Dog buy it. If you don't, keep on searching. There are many different pedals out there with lots of different feels.

Search the forum for this topic too.

Good luck :-)
Absolutely, if you're looking for a bargain, buy a used pedal. A bit of club funk and stick dust on them isn't gonna make 'em play any different.
You could keep your eyes open and pounce on a pedal when you see it at a cheap price.

DW 5000
Tama Iron Cobra
Pearl Eliminator

There's a few great names in double pedals. You should be able to find a used one for around $100 bucks, maybe a bit more, but it will take you being active in searching. The deals are GONE in the wink of an eye, so you must be ready.
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperFace
Old 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Silver Member

I've got the Big Dog Pro Double pedal and it's great. It's never going to be a DW 9000 but it's great for the money. I got mine second hand in good nick for 100. I'm sure you get one second hand or even brand new on eBay for cheaper than that price that you've quoted.