DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 04-29-2009, 06:08 PM

Default Roland TD12 - MIDI Hangup with MOTU Micro Express

I've got a Roland TD12 drum brain connected MIDI IN + OUT to a MOTU Micro Express USB Midi Interface via a Macbook Pro running OSX.something. I have my OSX Audio/Midi setup for the TD12 defined as a simple IN and OUT directly into port 4 of the MOTU Micro Express. The TD12 MIDI TX/RX is turned "ON", SoftThru is turned "OFF" (don't need to pass midi in messages...) and I'm pretty sure this is correct. I'm only trying to get signal to the interface with the goal of sequencing drum parts.

Here's the problem....the MIDI "OUT" cable from the TD12 connected to the MIDI "IN" of the interface completely hangs up the MOTU Express. All the lights go constant on and nothing happens. Under normal operation the 'port' indicator light would operate when you hit a trigger. I swapped the cables with the adjacent keyboard and the interface works fine so cables are good. I'm guessing there must be a midi loop of some sort going on, but I can't figure it out. Does anybody have any clue as to what TD12 software setting that I'm missing aside from those mentioned above that would cause the interface to hang??

any help would be appreciated
Old 04-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Default Re: Roland TD12 - MIDI Hangup with MOTU Micro Express

Have you tried resetting the TD-12 module back to factory settings?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Roland TD12 - MIDI Hangup with MOTU Micro Express

funny you should ask that....truth is the unit just came back from the factory (it had a burnt out LCD screen....) I haven't modified a thing. I'll give it a shot though.
thanks