DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-19-2009, 02:30 PM

Default left bass beater gone flat

I play double bass with 2 bass drums with identical bass pedals on identical bass heads tuned the same.My problem is that my left beater's felt has worn almost out.Considering my left foot isnt as strong as my right,& i dont do a lot of straight out 16th's,am wondering if anyone has any idea's as to why this would happen.Obviously,im going to replace the beater,but has anyone else experianced this?I do however,play a fair bit of double notes & triplet's,& lead with my right in these situations.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:36 PM

Default Re: left bass beater gone flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountHavoc View Post
I play double bass with 2 bass drums with identical bass pedals on identical bass heads tuned the same.My problem is that my left beater's felt has worn almost out.Considering my left foot isnt as strong as my right,& i dont do a lot of straight out 16th's,am wondering if anyone has any idea's as to why this would happen.Obviously,im going to replace the beater,but has anyone else experianced this?I do however,play a fair bit of double notes & triplet's,& lead with my right in these situations.
Just change it- its probably that it was never set flat on the head and rubbed when you nailed it.....I always leave the beater just loose and kick hard to square it and then tighten....never had one do that on me!

Try that mate with the new one- its gotta be only just able to move by light hand pressure b4 you hit it for the setting up ok?