DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 03-22-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Ludwig Accent bonham set

hey guys i was thinking about buying the ludwig accent bonham kit in natural i was just wondering about your thoughts on this set and if you guys had any pics
Old 03-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Ludwig Accent bonham set

I so would have bought this if it came out a year earlier, but I didn't. I still want to just cause it looks cool. I don't know if it sounds good though. It's an Accent meaning it's not Professional type.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Platinum Member

If it's big drums you want, don't go get the accent, gretsch catalina rock, etc. Rather, go check ebay and craigslist for a secondhand ludwig or something similar. Get the real deal as opposed to a modern knock-off
Old 03-22-2007, 03:26 AM

Hey check out this link,there not maple but if you can get them cheap ya can't beat them.

http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?t=95664
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2007, 03:39 AM

If you have the dough go with the Ludwig Maple Classics. You can't go wrong they are definately worth the wait. Even if it takes you a little while save up for it get what you really want, you won't be dissappointed. Going cheap will hurt you later on.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmckay View Post
If you have the dough go with the Ludwig Maple Classics. You can't go wrong they are definately worth the wait. Even if it takes you a little while save up for it get what you really want, you won't be dissappointed. Going cheap will hurt you later on.
hey i was thinking of doing that but the problem is that im only 16, it would take about 2 months to get a kit like yours if i saved all my work money. i have pretty nice cymbals sept for my ride and my hihats, what do u think i should do get the accent the upgrade my cymbols or get a set like yours and do the cymbals later? o and i was wondering how exactley you order kits like that on the ludwig site? its really complicated, ive tried emailing them about maple kits but havent gotten any responses, i also cant find green sparkle under finishes. it would be nice if you answerd all my trouble some questions haha thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludface View Post
hey i was thinking of doing that but the problem is that im only 16, it would take about 2 months to get a kit like yours if i saved all my work money. i have pretty nice cymbals sept for my ride and my hihats, what do u think i should do get the accent the upgrade my cymbols or get a set like yours and do the cymbals later? o and i was wondering how exactley you order kits like that on the ludwig site? its really complicated, ive tried emailing them about maple kits but havent gotten any responses, i also cant find green sparkle under finishes. it would be nice if you answerd all my trouble some questions haha thanks
That's easy; no big spending for three months and you got yourself a kit. Cymbals can be upgraded individually, drums get bought as a kit. So get the kit, and then slowly upgrade your cymbals, preferably to Paiste 2002s or Giant Beats (although I seriously recomend checking out Bosphorus if you want what I consider the finest bronze around...)
Old 03-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:

2 months!? It took my half a year to raise for my pdp kit. Though i have to pay back some in the bank and whatnot.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member

Pics of Bonham sets here: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...=bonham+thread If you can afford the real deal, and it sounds like you can. Go for it. You will not be dissapointed. I put my kit together piece by piece off eBay. All 6 ply Ludwig shells. 26, 15, 16, 18. Clear maple. Last kit I'll ever need to own.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:24 PM

Hey if you can afford the maple kit buy all means get it. I have a Sonor maple kit the accent is my spare.But guys are getting them for 600.00 thats a sweet deal.But see if you can find one you can play and make your own choice.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
Pics of Bonham sets here: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...=bonham+thread If you can afford the real deal, and it sounds like you can. Go for it. You will not be dissapointed. I put my kit together piece by piece off eBay. All 6 ply Ludwig shells. 26, 15, 16, 18. Clear maple. Last kit I'll ever need to own.
How long did it take you to piece it together?

I should perhaps do the same thing. How much did it cost you in the end, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikei View Post
How long did it take you to piece it together?
I wanted at least a clear maple kick. And a virgin. Had to wait awhile for that to show up on eBay. Rack tom and both floors I'll strip the wrap off myself and re-finish. 18" floor was part of a trade. The cat with the 15" rack was L.A. area, so even though it was eBay, I picked it up and saved on shipping. And both the 15 and 16 came with cases. All in all, about $700 and 6 months to come together.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Pioneer Member

www.interstatemusic.com has the Ludwig Vistalite "bonham" set on at almost 50% off at $1879.00!
Their prices on Ludwigs are (to me) amazing, compared with what we have to pay in Canada.
Phil
Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 AM

Quote:
First off I would get the maple classics first and worry about cymbals later on. That way you have got a really good kit, basically a good foundation that you can build on. Going with the cheap drums like I said before will just hurt you later on. Second I wouldn't bother with the Ludwig web site, very hard to navigate on and it's very confusing. I just went to a Ludwig dealer ordered the sizes I wanted and the finish and that was that. Much easier then dealing with that crazy web site. Ludwig still has the green sparkle, the last time I checked at least they still had it. If you go on the web site go under finishes for the Maple Classics, it should be there. Well I hope this helps, Good Luck!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Silver Member

if ludwig doesn't have green sparkle then there is no justice in this world. if you bought an accent you'll end up just wanting to buy and pro kit sometime soon after that.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:00 AM

Quote:
I just went on the Ludwig web site and they still have green sparkle listed on their drum finishes page. Go to the home page and look under the products list. Click on maple drum finishes and all of their finishes for the maple classics will come up. The green sparkle is still there.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
hey guys i was thinking about buying the ludwig accent bonham kit in natural i was just wondering about your thoughts on this set and if you guys had any pics
I agree with others here, Save a few extra $$ and get the Ludwig Maple drums
you will be happy in the long run! Be patient you may find a super deal
on Ebay / Craiglist/ or even a Dealer!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth View Post
Hy !Green Sparkle Zep Set ! Also it's for sale ! Imported from NY, some xtra batter heads included. Location: Zagreb, Croatia. Contact: filip.kocis@yahoo.com
Oh man. I am EXTEMELY curious to see if you can sell this set to a guy who started a thread 2 years ago and hasn't been on the forum since Sept of 08. I know this sounds rude and insincere, but I truly am curious. I don't know where the original poster is from, but selling from Croatia only adds to the intrigue.

Come on, Ludface! I implore you! Arise like a phoenix and update this thread!

Press here for my drums
"No one has bought his last drum."
Old 04-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member

The kit looks very nice, very bohnam-esque indeed.

EHs Music Facebook Page
Old 04-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth View Post
No hard feelings, but I'm kind a confused with your text ?! In comparision with USA, Croatia is small market, but we can be proud on hard-to-find and vintage drum sets, which are rarity in global proportions. Of course, the add is not publicated for strategic reason, I just wanted to show you my drumset - that's all ! On the other side; I can guarantee you that I'm not the only member of this forum from Europe - who knows, sometimes, buying and selling is the matter of luck ! If you are interested in some xtra photos of my Ludwig - e mail me !

Stay tune and dont be suspicious. There is no space for intirgue!
The photo is taken on some gig in Zagreb - "Custom bike shop Tomic; The bikers meeting - something like that" where I played with my band.
No hard feelings here and I hope the feeling is mutual. I understand that those Ludwigs are hard to find in Croatia, and didn't mean to present myself with an American-Centric point of view.

I appreciate you sharing your kit - it looks awesome btw! Apparently, I misinterpreted your intentions of posting it. I thought you had it for sale and saw a potential buyer in Ludface because of the thread he started. Since yours was the first post in 2 years on the thread and Ludface's last activity was in Sept of 08, I thought that you might have a hard time consumating a deal with him. Hence my curiosity.

From your follow-up post, it's clear you were simply posting your kit in a Bonham thread (appropriately enough) and mentioned, as a point in fact, that it was for sale. Thanks for straightening me out.

Good luck with the sale, and good luck with your drumming.

Peace

Press here for my drums
"No one has bought his last drum."