DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-24-2009, 05:09 PM

Default Another 'recording drums' thread...

Hello fellow drummers.
I am aware that there are many threads similar to this one, but i live in South Africa, therefore the mixers mentioned in other similar threads aren't always available to me.
All i want to do is record music that my band and I make. Im not looking for pro sound, i just want to get an idea of what we sound like.

My budget isn't very big, as im only 15 years old. I like the idea of multi-track recording, because I can do a this with a inexpensive mixer with 4 or so mic. inputs. This is where I need your help -on the mixers. I've been doing quite a bit of research over the past few weeks and 'Ive come across this mixer: http://www.muz.co.za/index.php?main_...oducts_id=1356 Would it really be able to record with such a basic mixer, or should I rather go for a mixer like this one- http://www.soundz.co.za/pTAMIX120/Ta...nel-Mixer.aspx
Thanks in advance.
Oly

Last edited by Oly!; 02-24-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Another 'recording drums' thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oly! View Post
All i want to do is record music that my band and I make. Im not looking for pro sound, i just want to get an idea of what we sound like.

My budget isn't very big, as im only 15 years old.
Oly
A mixer, mics, cables, software etc is both expensive and time consuming.

I would consider a recording device like and H2 or similar to just capture “what we sound like”.

If you want this stuff so you can also use it out live or just have fun learning about it that would make sense as well. But if you don’t need studio results or just love doing it… The process will drive you nuts compared to a simple device like an H2.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Another 'recording drums' thread...

okay, thanx very much for your input.. I think that the H2 is definetely option...