DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-12-2009, 06:29 AM

Default Pearl P122 DBL PDL

I am looking at buying the Pearl P122 DBL PDL, it is single chain, but is that a serious drawback? Does DBL chain make that much of a difference? Right now I am using the stock pedal that came with my M Birch set, it's single chain, it seems fine to me. I'm not that experienced with a lot of different drum equipment so please enlighten me on this DBL vs Single chain preference. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Pearl P122 DBL PDL

hi i use that pedal....no probs and i have boots of lead, if it was week it would have surenderd long ago. in short this pedal works....
Old 01-16-2009, 05:57 AM

Thanks Dave, I think it's a good pedal because it's Pearl and they have a great reputation for making great products. I just want to know if the dual chain vs single chain is just marketing hype, or does it really make a difference in performance.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:07 PM

In my experience it doesn't make a diference. I play the pearl P1002 double pedal which is single chain drive (although I usually use the belt drive option) and I don't notice much of a diference between it and an eliminator pedal.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Silver Member

I don't think it makes much difference in playing performance, but the integrity of the chain over time is much more sturdy with two vs. one. I broke a single chain drive...more like wore one out, but before that it played beautifully.

All in all, the two chains distribute the working load evenly. So, even if one chain would suffice for you, the question is, what do you feel comfortable buying in contrast to how you think you play?

Just thoughts....

Andy
Old 01-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Mystic

This pedal is a very good pedal to get if you cannot afford an eliminator. The dual chain only seems to make the pedal smoother, so don't be deceived by the single chain, it is still great, I own both pedals and I like them both. Obviously the eliminator has a few more features on it and I can actually do stuff on it that I can't on the 122, but as far as the 122 goes it is my favorite stock pedal and it is very durable plus explodes with great power.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 AM

Thanks for your responses guys. I just picked them up and I gotta say they are nice pedals, I'm just trying out dbl bass for the first time and these seem well built with just enough adjust ability for me. I don't need to many adjustments or I'll screw everything up.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:13 AM
Mystic

To be honest, completely not being biased I like Tama and I am not downing them at all, not at all. I like the 122 more than the IC, personal opinion totally, but I just think both of those pedals get a familiar feeling, but the 122 is quite a bit cheaper and also has the powershifter adjustment. I hope you like your new pedal.