People with 2 Bass Drums in your setup HELP!

jondrumming

I have a question for all of you who have two bass drums in your setup: Is it possible to set up a 2 or 3 leg hi hat stand right next to the pedal of the left bass drum, or will I have to purchase a leg-less hi hat stand? I saw that Pearl has a clamp that attaches a hi hat stand to the bass drum, but I'm not sure if that will work with a 2-3 leg stand. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I find it very handy to have 2 hi-hat stands. One, a regular 3 legger. The other, legless. Even though I stopped using 2 kicks a long time ago, I still use a legless in a lot of circumstances. When floorspace can become a premium. Being, with my electronics, I might have a loop station foot controller and volume pedal in my left foot domain also. I have an older Tama legless. My 3 legger is a Yamaha single braced (what would be 700 series), similar to what Steve Gadd uses/used. I bought both used, for the price of what one "new" hi-hat stand would cost. Clamping a 2 or 3 legger to a kick will sometimes/always/maybe work, but you may have to "compromise" somewhere. I'd rather have the "right tool for the job" and sacrifice nothing.

Yup tb nailed it :). gudluck man

I've foldedd up the legs and attached it to the left bass drum for years and it really places the high-hat right where I need it. I don't have a rack. I've got a double bass with 3 mounted toms 2 floor toms and two high hats a ride cymbal and 4 cymbals and everything fits, sometimes cluttered, but fits.

Yes, the post about using the legless hi-hat stand I agree with. You just have to make sure that they are clamped to another stand for support.

They are much easier to position than a traditional 3-leg hi-hat stand.

IMO the rods that come with the hoop clamp attachment aren't long enough. I have the Pearl one and it reaches but barely. I normally use my two legged stand without clamping. Good luck

Totally do-able with a legged stand and clamp, but I went with a single post stand to try and get it as snug to the left kick pedal as I could.

Decided I didn't want to clamp anything to my wood hoops, so I grabbed a couple 90deg clamps and used a spare piece of tube (my old hi-hat stand) to connect to an aux snare.

No the greatest pic, but gets the idea across:

Drums_OH2-1.jpg

Back