Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 01-07-2009, 03:22 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: My search has ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangleman View Post
the bass drum showed up cracked guys..

Alex

Rob would never send a damaged drum to anyone. He is a man of his word and I stand behind it. I have know Rob for many years. Tipk99, you need to get in contact with him.... NOW!!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:51 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
Rob would never send a damaged drum to anyone. He is a man of his word and I stand behind it. I have know Rob for many years. Tipk99, you need to get in contact with him.... NOW!!

Nope he didn't it's another case of UPS destroying goods. Don't worry UPS are fast to refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal overlord View Post
Man, poor Unix. I remember a while ago he said one thing that he would never want to see if his drums on a site like eBay.
Your right on this, I'm thinking or raising my price, to avoid seing things like this again.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Platinum Member

no..im not saying it was Rob or Franky.

UPS im guessing dropped it or mishandled it and thats why it broke..

Alex
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Old 01-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
no..im not saying it was Rob or Franky.

UPS im guessing dropped it or mishandled it and thats why it broke..

Alex
If you don't know or you're not sure you ask before going public with things like this.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:13 AM
Platinum Member

alright..

people here would know i wouldnt do that...thats not how i am...but, ok..

my post simply said the drum was cracked during shipping...i never said it was anyone's fault nor did i tarnish Rob's rep.

you nearly misunderstood me.

Alex
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Old 01-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
alright..

people here would know i wouldnt do that...thats not how i am...but, ok..

my post simply said the drum was cracked during shipping...i never said it was anyone's fault nor did i tarnish Rob's rep.

you nearly misunderstood me.

Alex
Aparently so, but people read this:

WHEN YOU SHIP STUFF VIA UPS OR FEDEX, WHEN YOU THINK YOU PACKAGING IS ADEQUATE, DO IT TWICE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THESE COMPANY ARE CAPABLE OF.

Sadly even the guys from UPS that come to pick up the box at our shop advise me to go crazy with the packing, because their guys in the warehouse are not carefull one second.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unix View Post
Aparently so, but people read this:

WHEN YOU SHIP STUFF VIA UPS OR FEDEX, WHEN YOU THINK YOU PACKAGING IS ADEQUATE, DO IT TWICE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THESE COMPANY ARE CAPABLE OF.

Sadly even the guys from UPS that come to pick up the box at our shop advise me to go crazy with the packing, because their guys in the warehouse are not carefull one second.
I'm always astonished when I get boxes from UPS- beat up, torn up... but the contents are usually still in perfect condition. I've been lucky, I guess.

Bummer about that bass drum. I wonder how many scammers send broken stuff through UPS just to blame UPS for the break when it arrives...?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Gold Member

Actually... the real issue here is that Tom was very uncool with how he's handling the bass drum issue. He basically screwed Rob over rather than even give him a chance to file a claim with UPS, etc.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Actually... the real issue here is that Tom was very uncool with how he's handling the bass drum issue. He basically screwed Rob over rather than even give him a chance to file a claim with UPS, etc.
Tom is just trying to protect himself which is understandable. Yes Rob should have been contacted first, but it's only an issue if he escalates it to a claim if things aren't working out between the two of them. So far it is.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Gold Member

I'm sorry... but anyone that puts a stop on a charge from their credit card before even contacting the seller about a UPS claim has no business buying on ebay in the first place. That immediately makes Paypal take the money out of the sellers account and could give them a negative balance. Essentially now Tom has the drums AND the money and Rob has nothing. Paypal has methods of protection in place that should have been used before a drastic step like this.

Not to mention your first post on this forum is just in defense of him...
Old 01-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Big_Philly

Quote:
I'm thinking or raising my price, to avoid seing things like this again.
Please don't... I'm saving up for a good snare drum ;) haha
Old 01-07-2009, 06:02 PM
PlaysforFun

If I remember correctly there have been quite a few bannings over the years.....My BNL was banned here a couple years ago. If Fourstrings is as good a guy as everyone says he is.....what gives? I enjoy forums but the banning thing to me is very childish, and that's including all forums.

Nice kit by the way...I am not yet sold on the stave shell kit concept, but haven't had enough time behind one to fully appreciate them....I guess
Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Silver Member

I don't wanna take side here, but if I was to received a broken instrument to my door, I would do the same, but would advise the shipper first. It's not Tom fault if the instruments was broken, it was UPS fault. Sad to say but the seller is always responsable for the insurance and the shipping, only Rob can file a complain and not the client.

Please guys, keep that civilysed, no need to be hard on anyone here. The only thing that would have been better is if both party would have manage an agrement and after discuss it here.
Now you all know why I don't wanna see my stuff out on Ebay. That will leave a scar no matter what.

Last edited by Unix; 01-08-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member

yes, i brought it over here..but, if it wasnt me, it would have been someone else..

it got public by the person involved....

Alex
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Old 01-08-2009, 01:42 AM
Silver Member

lol you guys are like catty school girls.

now the kit. i like! i love the touch of the bass drum hoops. it looks really good. congrats on the kit! and at 900 dollars. good job.

and about unix stuff being on ebay, everything will always find its way on ebay. theres no way around that. if you dont want your drums on ebay dont sell them in the first place!

okay im done.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrummer132 View Post

and about unix stuff being on ebay, everything will always find its way on ebay. theres no way around that. if you dont want your drums on ebay dont sell them in the first place!

okay im done.
Very good idea... I may just do that. ;)
Old 01-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Gold Member

I have a picture of that kit as my wallpaper, as I was considering buying it from Rob a few months ago when he announced he was going to be selling. However, I was already planning my next custom job and needed to save the money for it, or that kit would likely be sitting in my drum room today.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:26 AM
PlaysforFun

Quote:

Your right on this, I'm thinking or raising my price, to avoid seing things like this again.
Nice attitude..................
Old 01-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Very good idea... I may just do that. ;)
If I read that correctly, that means you want to stop making drums? Please god tell me your kidding.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysforFun View Post
Nice attitude..................
When you consider Unix's price is actually incredibly low for the set you get, I can't blame a price increase.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal overlord View Post
If I read that correctly, that means you want to stop making drums? Please god tell me your kidding.
No I'm kidding. But considering that sometime it suck all the energy out of me, yep sometime I think about it.

Last edited by Unix; 01-11-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Please don't stop making drums. Your kits are truly the work of an artisan and I would be hard pressed to name somebody who comes across quite as honestly as you do.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
No I'm not kidding. Considering that sometime it suck all the energy out of me, yep sometime I think about it.
Oh, NO I do not want to hear this yet...I am not ready for the UNIX purchase yet...give us TIME
Old 01-11-2009, 08:12 PM

Wow, so I lost track of this thread, and I can't believe where it has gone...

I didn't want to post about the problems with shipping because I didn't want anyone to make unfair judgements about any of it, without having any information. I was waiting til the whole thing was resolved, and was going to post a happy ending story about it all...

I am in no way shape or form trying to screw Rob, and I don't think he was is in any way shape or form trying to screw me. We are actually both in communication about this issue and are both working really hard with UPS to get it resolved. I didn't think posting about it online was an appropirate thing to do until it was all taken care of.

In the mean time, I cry a little everytime I see these gorgeous drums sitting in my house unuseable as I wait for UPS to get off their butt and inspect the damage.

Please, all I ask is for you reserve judgement on this issue until it's settled.

Thanks for your respect.

Tom
Old 01-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipk99 View Post
Wow, so I lost track of this thread, and I can't believe where it has gone...

I didn't want to post about the problems with shipping because I didn't want anyone to make unfair judgements about any of it, without having any information. I was waiting til the whole thing was resolved, and was going to post a happy ending story about it all...

I am in no way shape or form trying to screw Rob, and I don't think he was is in any way shape or form trying to screw me. We are actually both in communication about this issue and are both working really hard with UPS to get it resolved. I didn't think posting about it online was an appropirate thing to do until it was all taken care of.

In the mean time, I cry a little everytime I see these gorgeous drums sitting in my house unuseable as I wait for UPS to get off their butt and inspect the damage.

Please, all I ask is for you reserve judgement on this issue until it's settled.

Thanks for your respect.

Tom
Now that's the way to handle stuff like this.

People of Drummerworld, let this man be an example to all of you.

I hope it all works out for both of you. And I hope François will continue to make drums for a long time.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:13 AM
PlaysforFun

UPS busted one of the hoops on a ddrum kit I bought a few years ago...ddrum replaced it..no charge, and I was the second owner. Pretty good customer service if you ask me. I have since bought another ddrum kit....that bit of service went a long way.....hint, hint.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting $150. They cover $150 even without insurance. It took about 3 weeks to get a check. By the way I just took pictures and sent them to UPS, I was given the option of having a rep. stop by but I chose to take and send pics myself.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
UPS busted one of the hoops on a ddrum kit I bought a few years ago...ddrum replaced it..no charge, and I was the second owner. Pretty good customer service if you ask me. I have since bought another ddrum kit....that bit of service went a long way.....hint, hint.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting $150. They cover $150 even without insurance. It took about 3 weeks to get a check. By the way I just took pictures and sent them to UPS, I was given the option of having a rep. stop by but I chose to take and send pics myself.

A bass drum shell is just a little diferent, that cost arround 1K, so I doubt that he will seatle for $150,00.
Don't worry with UPS, they usually fix things really fast.

I agree 1000% that these matter should be resolved privatly, things goes a lot smoother that way.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:

$150? I assure you the package was assured for much more than that. Add another 0 at least.

Any seller would have to insure for at least what the buyer paid so they can at least get a refund, if nothing else.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:11 AM
PlaysforFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Compactness View Post
$150? I assure you the package was assured for much more than that. Add another 0 at least.

Any seller would have to insure for at least what the buyer paid so they can at least get a refund, if nothing else.
I would hope so.......
Old 01-12-2009, 05:13 AM
PlaysforFun

Quote:
A bass drum shell is just a little diferent, that cost arround 1K, so I doubt that he will seatle for $150,00.

I agree 1000% that these matter should be resolved privatly, things goes a lot smoother that way.
My bad...I had to re-read, thought it was just the hoops. That is a huge differences.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:13 AM
PlaysforFun

Quote:

My bad...I had to re-read, thought it was just the hoops. That is a huge difference.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 PM

I'm sorry but how is this any of our business? All this gossiping just seems silly to me. Nice drums, the guys involved are working it out. Does the whole internet world really need to get involved too?