DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-11-2009, 01:13 AM

Default spd 20

Hey I've been playing with the spd 20 for a few years now and am happy with it except not being able to import samples I know spd s but 1 trigger? and how much memory's on those flash cards? oh and when you take one out you lose all your settings? Anyway I was wondering if anyone has used it for midi. I would like to get sounds and start stop loops from an external source(such as a laptop) in a live situation. Can anybody recomend some good software or peice of hardware that would help me? Remember fast set up and portabilaty is a factor for playing the club scene.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: spd 20

You might want to check out the Johnny Rabb internet demo. of the SPD-S. It will answer a lot, if not all of your questions. I'm confused by your 1 trigger comment. SPD-S has 9 on board triggers. And 1 "external" trigger input.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:11 PM

yeah I've seen that but I've bad things about the spd s and talked to a tech at roland and he said there not working on a newwer version. I would have got the s but it haddent come out when I bought the 20. The 1 trigger thing ext. trigger I usually run 1 on my kick and 1 on my 2nd floor tom and have used a f.a.t. kick trigger next to my right kick. anyway I'm an acc. drummer first and like to try to blend where possible. Also the flash cards just aren't big enough my cell has twice the memory besides people are having a hard time finding them anymore most are a gig or more and they don't work. Also when you remove one it deleats all you settings not the sounds just vol., effects, patchs, all of that (not good for live situations).

I want to use my spd 20 as a midi controller for an external source ie my laptop. So what I'm asking is what would be a good program to run that I can import/record sounds/loops into and use live to play back. And it would be nice if I could edit sound on my computer and set them up to trigger with my spd 20.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Platinum Member

Indeed, you're asking way too much...for an SPD-S. I, personally, love mine, but naturally use it within it's limitations. (actually, my limitations). You'd probably have better luck on a dedicated e-drum forum (and there's plenty of them out there).
Old 01-13-2009, 02:44 AM

ok I try and find one thanks for trying