DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 AM

Default band gear stolen

Heres what we managed to type of so far:

Chicago, Illinois-based thrash metal band DAMNRIGHT had its tour van and U-Haul stolen today (Saturday, November 29) from a recent Battle of the Bands concert in Tinley Park, Illinois. The theft took place in the parking lot and it seems that the driver's side window was broken out to gain access.

The details are as follows:

* Silver/Grey - Stock Black/Dark Grey Pin-Stripe Ford E150 - Hightop Conversion Van
* Plate: IL ***-***
* Had an attached U-Haul trailer - unknown Illinois tag

The following items are missing:

* (2) BC Rich Black NJ neck-through V's one with silver hardware and one with Black. Both in Hardshell BC RICH Cases
* (1) Dean V Black bolt on, also in Hardshell BC RICH Case
* (1) Six-string Ibanez bass Black in black ripped up gig bag

* (2) Marshall Full stacks
- 4x12 Rivera straight cabs
- 4x12 Crate slant cabs w
- Digitech 2112 Head
- Digitech 2120 Head
- Mackie 1400i Power Amp
- QSC 850 power amp
- Crown 602 Power Amp
-Beringher Rack Tuner
-Alesis dual 31 band eq rack
-both rigs are in rack cases one is all black leather style covering, and one is road ready covered in stickers
- Genz Benz Bass head, and ART EQ in SKB Rack

All in Black Roadrunner Soft Cases:
Pearl Masters MRX in Diamond Burst
Two (2) 24" Kicks
10" 12" 13" 16" 18" Toms
14" Snare Drum
PDP 6x10 Snare

All in Black Sabian Cymbal Bag:
22" Sabian AAX Metal Ride Natural
16" 17" 18" 19" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash Brilliant
14" Sabian AAX Metal Hats Brilliant
14" Sabian AA Stage Hats Natural
12" Sabian AA Mini Hi Hats
8" 10" Sabian AAX China Splash
10" 12" Sabian AA Splash
18" 19" Sabian HH China

All in Black Hardware Bag:
-Tama PMD800SS Power Tower Drum Rack (x2)
-Tama PMD80SS Power Tower Extension Unit (x2)
-Tama Cobra Clutch
-Tama HH905 Iron Cobra Lever-Glide Hi-Hat Cymbal Stand
-Tama Roadpro Snare Drum Stand (x2)
-Tama HH75W RoadPro Series Hi-Hat Cymbal Stand

All in SKB 2 Space Rack Case:
Alesis D4 Drum Module w/ Power Supply
Two (2) Roland RT10K Kick Triggers
Various Cables

In Pearl Eliminator Pedal Bag:
Axis-XL-2 Longboard Double Pedal split into Singles w/ Grip Peddlers on Footboards

4 Leg DW Airlift Throne

Toshiba 15.4" Laptop in Bag w/ Two (2) USB Controllers
Fuji Finepix Digital Camera

1991 Ford E150 Grey with Grey and Black pinstripes 5.8

Green Notebook (Tour Journal!)
==============

We didn't have any insurance (we couldn't afford it). And, they can't compinsate for us unless the gear is recovered and damaged. I'm kind of in a panic right now along with the rest of the band.

I don't know how to react to this, or even what to do. the police said they'd do their best to find all of our gear.

So, what do I do? How to I like, deal with this? I'm furious and on edge right now so...don't go off on me.

Death Metal will live forever
Old 11-30-2008, 04:53 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: band gear stolen

OH MY GOD. I couldn't even imagine being in your situation. Losing ALL that gear. Pray to God man! Pray every minute you can!
I can't even believe it.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:53 AM
Gold Member

WHAT???!!!???

Dude, first of all. Where were you? Why did you leave your truck unattended? Just hope U-Haul doesn't whoop your ass for loosing one of their trucks.

And, just try and stay cool. Don't loose yourself or go drinking beyond getting drunk. Just keep tight and the police will (hopefully) find all your gear.

And what did you do with your Tama kit you got a couple months ago?

EDIT: nvm about your Tama kit I remember now.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:53 AM
jamndrummer

Im sorry for your loss. Next step you guys might take is getting your list of stolen items to every music store in the near areas, including Wisconsin and Indiana. Sometimes these people like to sell off that stuff or trade it in. I would also post this on Craig's list and watch Ebay for any selling of items that match your stuff.

I hope you guys find the stuff. My guess is its someone who either attended your concert or knew about it. Im not sure if it happened before or after your show but they are probably musicians ( bad ones) who wanted your stuff.

Last edited by jamndrummer; 11-30-2008 at 05:55 AM. Reason: fix typo
Old 11-30-2008, 06:18 AM
jay norem

Try to take it as easy as you can. You'll have more drums, everyone does. I know how abused, how raped you feel. The same thing happened to me, my drums and other things taken from my car while I wasn't looking. God, it feels lousier than lousy.
But try to take it easy, it's all there is to do. Something terrible has happened to you, and now it's happened and you know what it feels like.
So try to be as philisophical as you can. You're still alive, you can have a cold one and you can know that the people who did this can in no way feel good about themselves. Whoever would do such a thing are scum, they don't know what they're doing and they don't for one minute consider the effects their actions will have on those they're stealing from.
I'll tell you something, you'll always remember how this feels, always. So now is the time to start trying to put it all in perspective, as hard as that is. Nothing is over, you know. Shit does happen.
For what it's worth, I feel for you man.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Silver Member

Holy CRAP! I feel so sorry for you guys! I hope you get your equipment back safe and sound.

"Closed mindedness about music is the death of the musician." - me
Old 11-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamndrummer View Post
Im sorry for your loss. Next step you guys might take is getting your list of stolen items to every music store in the near areas, including Wisconsin and Indiana. Sometimes these people like to sell off that stuff or trade it in. I would also post this on Craig's list and watch Ebay for any selling of items that match your stuff.

I hope you guys find the stuff. My guess is its someone who either attended your concert or knew about it. Im not sure if it happened before or after your show but they are probably musicians ( bad ones) who wanted your stuff.
There's some pretty good advice, right there.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:23 AM

Damn that sucks.

20 characters
Old 11-30-2008, 07:35 AM
jay norem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamndrummer View Post
Im not sure if it happened before or after your show but they are probably musicians ( bad ones) who wanted your stuff.
I doubt it. It's more likely that it was someone who saw a chance to rip off some gear that they'll pawn or try to sell to someone. That's what happened when my drums were stolen. Some street kids grabbed everything out of my car after they smashed the driver's window, and then they tried to sell the drums to a friend of mine who runs a studio! He called the cops and then he called me. The police arrested these people, it went to court and what was left of my drums wasn't worth pissing on. The cymbals were never recovered. After that I just got a new kit.
The bastards even stole my overcoat.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:21 AM

The bastards even stole my overcoat

That is so damn wrong.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Silver Member

I feel for you man, thats just bad. Terrible, in fact!, and so on... I hope you have luck with the recovery process...

That brings about an issue...

Everyone who plays out! --- Take down your serial numbers, along with make, model, and any other info you can possibly gather!

Keep your reciepts, and ANY info you can get on your drums(and ANY equipment),,, in writing! It sucks but thats the way things work these days, and this aint a "new" process unfortunately...Good Luck man...
Old 11-30-2008, 08:52 AM

Man that sucks. You might stay in touch with U-haul to find out where the trailer turns up, kind of hard to hide. Check the pawn shops in that area. Nothing I despise more than a thief. Good luck & I sincerely hope you get your gear back.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Gold Member

Shit like this happens way too often. This sucks, i really feel for the band.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member

Dude that sucks and what a crap time for it to happen as well. But as jay norem said, it's only stuff. I know it's little consolation but just think about the fact that there are loads of monsters out there who would kill someone for a mobile telephone or a few dollars rather than do 8 hours work behind a desk. How pathetic is that? You've had a hell of a lot of stuff stolen and u-haul are gonna be pissed off but you're unhurt and that's the most important part.

I know nobody seems to trust the police anymore but i'm sure they're doing all they can to help you find this stuff and i don't think the idiots who stole all this can keep it under-wraps for long. There probably so stupid they'll put all of it on ebay or something.

EHs Music Facebook Page
Old 11-30-2008, 05:15 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Everything evens out in the end. I am so sorry for your loss, what a huge setback. You are owed a huge karma payment. They will get theirs, and you will get yours. There's nothing that can take this feeling away from you, even if we all ponied up and replaced all your stuff. You have my sympathies...
Damn all those scummy wormy subhuman leeches that prey on others instead of earning their keep honestly.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Gold Member

So, any recovered gear yet?

Maybe you should put it into a newpaper? Hell, I don't know.

If I ever found those little bastards though, an ass beating will be had.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Gold Member

Now my stolen iPod doesn't seem so bad...

But I feel for you, man. That sucks. However, have faith in the fuzz finding the goods. The more stuff was stolen, the more conspicuous it is. Criminals are stupid.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:02 AM
Platinum Member

Dude I feel really bad. I would make some local shops aware of your losses so they don't end up buying back your gear. I'm in your area so I will keep my eye out at the GC I go at. Theres also a few music stores I head to from time to time, I'll look there too.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Silver Member

Oh man, i feel awful after reading this. I know exactly how you feel, unfortunately, i had a $5k PA stolen out of my warehouse along with a bunch of electronics and cymbals. It's not the end of the world but now is not the time to sulk, you need to take action if it's not too late. Notify the pawn shops as said and keep an eye on ebay but also comb over every craigslist city within driving range of your current location. Call your auto insurance agent for the remote possibility that you're covered in a rental vehicle. Backtrack your steps, who knew that your u-haul was loaded with band gear?

Hopefully anybody who reads this post can understand now the value of insurance. I know hindsight is 20/20 but please peeps, expect the best but always plan for the worst.

good luck man and if you find the bastards, i hope you run over them with a monster truck or something.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdude View Post
Oh man, i feel awful after reading this. I know exactly how you feel, unfortunately, i had a $5k PA stolen out of my warehouse along with a bunch of electronics and cymbals. It's not the end of the world but now is not the time to sulk, you need to take action if it's not too late. Notify the pawn shops as said and keep an eye on ebay but also comb over every craigslist city within driving range of your current location. Call your auto insurance agent for the remote possibility that you're covered in a rental vehicle. Backtrack your steps, who knew that your u-haul was loaded with band gear?

Hopefully anybody who reads this post can understand now the value of insurance. I know hindsight is 20/20 but please peeps, expect the best but always plan for the worst.

good luck man and if you find the bastards, i hope you run over them with a monster truck or something.
nah monster trucks have too much of a surface area under the tyres, not enough pressure. A .50 on the other hand...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Old 12-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member

IF this really happened i feel really bad for you. I just find this all hard to believe after your tama thread bs
Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorx View Post
IF this really happened i feel really bad for you. I just find this all hard to believe after your tama thread bs
Ok, this is comming from me.

I saw him a couple days ago and he showed me the police report and everything.
Though I have no clue when he got the MRX and the Axis pedals, I knew about his band and the rest of his gear.

And, and and...
He did own a Tama B/B. He still might, I really don't know what happened to it.
All I remember is that him saying he's not using it anymore.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal overlord View Post
Ok, this is comming from me.

I saw him a couple days ago and he showed me the police report and everything.
Though I have no clue when he got the MRX and the Axis pedals, I knew about his band and the rest of his gear.

And, and and...
He did own a Tama B/B. He still might, I really don't know what happened to it.
All I remember is that him saying he's not using it anymore.
Ok. I remember when he posted the bogus beatiful bubinga kid in coaral reef blue and then he did get a set.......with a rack.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Big_Philly

NEVER leave your gear unattended without tieing a hungry pitbull to the car...

Pitbulls. Because your gear is worth more than their lives. That would be a nice slogan.

I am sorry I can't offer you any good advice. But i feel your pain, man! I can't even imagine what it must be like to lose your kit like that - I love mine to death, not to mention the cost.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:32 AM

Yeah, so far a few amps and guitar gear showed up at my Guitar Center.
Luckily with proof of purchase (Thank god we have our recipts) and a police report, we got them back. My cymbal collection ended up, believe it or not, ended up in their casem unharmed at a local music pawn shop.

Not much else have been found. No word on the truck, trailer, or the rest of our gear.

Oh, and the all the gear that I have (exept for the cymbals and pedals) were all being offered together on ebay and I decided it was a killer deal and went for it. Can't beat all Tama hardware and a 9 piece Pearl MRX for $2500.

I still have my Tama kit and everything. It's not my gigging kit because this one is used and has a bit of wear and tear to it so Im not afriad to gig it.

Death Metal will live forever
Old 12-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamascb10 View Post
Yeah, so far a few amps and guitar gear showed up at my Guitar Center.
Luckily with proof of purchase (Thank god we have our recipts) and a police report, we got them back. My cymbal collection ended up, believe it or not, ended up in their casem unharmed at a local music pawn shop.

Not much else have been found. No word on the truck, trailer, or the rest of our gear.

Oh, and the all the gear that I have (exept for the cymbals and pedals) were all being offered together on ebay and I decided it was a killer deal and went for it. Can't beat all Tama hardware and a 9 piece Pearl MRX for $2500.

I still have my Tama kit and everything. It's not my gigging kit because this one is used and has a bit of wear and tear to it so Im not afriad to gig it.
Do you suspect that is your gear on ebay?
Old 12-03-2008, 03:22 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Do you suspect that is your gear on ebay?
He bought his gear off of ebay. I'm glad that you are getting your stuff back. Sorry for doubting you.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Gold Member

Hey, it's been a while. Any more of your gear show up again?

My band's working on yet another CD and well, we kinda want you on tour with us and you'll need your gear.