DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Whitedrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Who Wants My Drums

Anyone with a vintage Ludwig or Rogers kit wanna trade?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Francis's Avatar
Francis Francis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada, qc
Posts: 76
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Your kit seems to look good but your pic's fuzzy...

Why wanna trade? your kit's cool!
__________________
UNIX White Ash Drum.
"Hey all! maybe you can sometime read some bad english from me..."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-24-2008, 05:04 AM
risendrummer's Avatar
risendrummer risendrummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lemoore,Elk Grove or Sacramento Calif. Getting ready to play somewhere in the U.S.A.
Posts: 71
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Is this a Mapex Saturn ? I just got rid of a Ludwig last week.
Nice kit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedrummer View Post
Anyone with a vintage Ludwig or Rogers kit wanna trade?
__________________
EPIARCH ARTISTS
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 AM
Whitedrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Yes it's a Mapex Saturn kit, I want to get a vintage kit, but can't seem to sell the Mapex. Anyone interested in a trade please respond, you will not be disappointed in the Mapex. I'm looking for a more vintage sound and look, I just don't have the funds or room for two kits, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-24-2008, 06:05 AM
zambizzi's Avatar
zambizzi zambizzi is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big Bad Boise
Posts: 4,048
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedrummer View Post
Yes it's a Mapex Saturn kit, I want to get a vintage kit, but can't seem to sell the Mapex. Anyone interested in a trade please respond, you will not be disappointed in the Mapex. I'm looking for a more vintage sound and look, I just don't have the funds or room for two kits, thanks.
Have you thought about (or tried) eBay? It looks like it's in really good condition and I'm sure you could unload it for a nice price. Even in the current economic meltdown I haven't had trouble selling some of my gear.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-24-2008, 06:09 AM
risendrummer's Avatar
risendrummer risendrummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lemoore,Elk Grove or Sacramento Calif. Getting ready to play somewhere in the U.S.A.
Posts: 71
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedrummer View Post
Yes it's a Mapex Saturn kit, I want to get a vintage kit, but can't seem to sell the Mapex. Anyone interested in a trade please respond, you will not be disappointed in the Mapex. I'm looking for a more vintage sound and look, I just don't have the funds or room for two kits, thanks.
Andy who worked at massmusic.net played Mapex for quite a while.Mapex Saturn record very nice by the recordings I have heard.I was at Skips Music in Sacramento a few months I was amazed at the snare sound.A High School band teacher bought to Saturn sets which included hardware.How old is your kit it looks new ?
__________________
EPIARCH ARTISTS
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Whitedrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by risendrummer View Post
Andy who worked at massmusic.net played Mapex for quite a while.Mapex Saturn record very nice by the recordings I have heard.I was at Skips Music in Sacramento a few months I was amazed at the snare sound.A High School band teacher bought to Saturn sets which included hardware.How old is your kit it looks new ?
I like that DW kit, are you interested? I dig the color, very vintage looking.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-25-2008, 09:57 PM
walkera1962's Avatar
walkera1962 walkera1962 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Panama City Florida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Why do you want to sell / trade this kit?? How much $$
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-25-2008, 10:03 PM
stasz's Avatar
stasz stasz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

I don't mean to put you down for wanting to trade kits or anything, but you have some really nice drums. Have you tried to get a more vintage sound from them? Try some heads like remo fiberskyns or aquarian vintage series if you haven't already. I played a grestch usa custom with some of those skins on it (although that kit was at least a decade old) and man it just oozed fat vintage tone. As far as I know those drums were plain old 6-ply maple. I may be wrong in assuming that your decision is based mostly on impulse to buy more (I know that I make a lot of decisions like that), but I just don't think you should make a decision you'd regret.
__________________
"If you think you're more important than the drums, you've got another thing coming." -Tony Williams
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Francis's Avatar
Francis Francis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada, qc
Posts: 76
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasz View Post
I don't mean to put you down for wanting to trade kits or anything, but you have some really nice drums. Have you tried to get a more vintage sound from them? Try some heads like remo fiberskyns or aquarian vintage series if you haven't already. I played a grestch usa custom with some of those skins on it (although that kit was at least a decade old) and man it just oozed fat vintage tone. As far as I know those drums were plain old 6-ply maple. I may be wrong in assuming that your decision is based mostly on impulse to buy more (I know that I make a lot of decisions like that), but I just don't think you should make a decision you'd regret.
Same as stasz... if i didn't choose the Unix kit the Saturn had to be my choice. sometime i think Mapex is overlookeed( not talking about you there...) maybe all the Saturn kit i've tried have good heads/tuning but they always sound amazing, nothing to be shy beside those Tama, Pearl, etc.

Just to say you have a beautiful kit and surely great sounding... but's your choice ;-)
__________________
UNIX White Ash Drum.
"Hey all! maybe you can sometime read some bad english from me..."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Filip! Filip! is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vinkovci, Croatia
Posts: 23
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

I have vintage sonor, almost 40 years old. interested?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Filip! Filip! is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vinkovci, Croatia
Posts: 23
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

forgot to mention its Sonor Swinger!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Whitedrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Don't get me wrong, this kit sounds great, as good as any I've heard, if not better. I put coated ambassadors on the toms and a coated powerstroke on the kick and was able to produce a completely different sound from the clear emporers it came fitted with. The drums sound really warm with the new heads and more vintage. I won't just swap them for anything, it would have to be the right kit. I know a lot of you guys like the laquer finish, but I prefer a wrap just because you don't have to worry so much about ruining the finish. I've had things like guitars and other drums dropped on different kits I've owned and a wrap is more durable.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Whitedrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip! View Post
I have vintage sonor, almost 40 years old. interested?
No offense, but if you're talking about that kit you have posted, no way. That kit looks like it's in need of some serious help. My kit cost $2,000, and is in near mint condition.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Filip! Filip! is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vinkovci, Croatia
Posts: 23
Default Re: Who Wants My Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedrummer View Post
No offense, but if you're talking about that kit you have posted, no way. That kit looks like it's in need of some serious help. My kit cost $2,000, and is in near mint condition.
I totally understand you, i tryed, and that kit was bought buy me two years ago, so im not the one that ruined it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com