DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-02-2008, 02:19 PM
peanut23s

Default pearl eliminator hihats

any good? i like the fact they are adjustasbul to the extent nearly to their bass pedals but i just wanna know if they are great buy or a total gimmic

since im going to be spending 160 on them need them to be worth while

and as you can see my hihats pretty old and starting to go wrong (albeit becsause of me occasionally.

and wish to upgrad with the added bionus that i wanna put 2 hihats next to each other 1 closed and higher than the other and one that will open below the other
Old 07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
peanut23s

Default Re: pearl eliminator hihats

ment to add they are old and fallingh apart as you can c in my other thread. oops
Old 07-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member

The Eliminator hat stand from what I've heard from a couple guys that have it, is that it's really smooth, and you can change the feel with the different cams.
They seem to dig it a lot.

I don't have the Elim hat stand, but I used it at the shop a few times and it felt really nice.

I have had a couple Eliminator single pedals for a few years and I really love them, so if it's as cool as the pedals, I'd say it's a thumbs up for the hat stand.

The only thing I could see in the design that could maybe be an issue, is that the legs stick out the front, away from the stand--depending on your other stands, it may pose a positioning problem...but since I haven't tried one on my kit, I can't say the legs are a problem.

I'm just going by the pics, and looking at the stand on the shop floor when it wasn't on a kit.

If they designed it that way, you'd think that if they made it that way, the legs are not a problem.
Otherwise, the leg design seems to keep the stand very sturdy.

Check one out at a shop before you invest if you can, but I don't think it'd be a bad purchase if you can't.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
peanut23s

oh and would u say the price is good its rrp is 216 but i can get it 4 160 gd deal?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:42 PM
peanut23s

? any answers please another thing im thinging about again along with the new cymbals im getting and snare want to improve equipment alot so just an opinion to help me decide if i go ahead i can get it for 136.50 or a remote for 159.00 good deals?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:27 PM

I bought an eliminator hi-hat cause I wanted to match eliminator double pedal. The feels on the pedal is really smooth and the stand is built to last.

I've got some trouble with the stand tough, first of all it's heavy. If you have to set up your kit often you might consider other brand, The major problem is that the rod (the one who connect the cymbals to the pedal) tend to loosen very often (I mean very often), I have to tighten the rod before each set (of 45 min) and sometimes the hi-hat fails before the end of the set and then you got those 2 cymbals closed for all the remaining song! very frustrating. I've had to screw the rod back and put some duct tape to prevent it from loosening.

I don't know if this apply to all eliminator hi-hat stand but if I had to buy a new hi-hat satnd i'd go elsewhere
Old 12-23-2008, 12:46 AM

I found the Iron Cobra hi-hat stand to have smoother action than the Pearl and slightly cheaper if i remember correctly. However i use the Pearl drop clutch and the rubber seat cup instead of the felt one that came with the Iron Cobra.