DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: what makes Aquarian heads special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I don't know what you guys are smoking, but I have never had a problem with a remo 2 ply head, except for a powersonic head problem when the dampening ring was peeling off, but Remo replaced it immediately no questions asked, didn't have to send them a receipt or even the head, it was very good service, so cut them some slack.
Cut Remo some slack? No, Sorry but I work hard for my money and have wasted too much of it on their inconsistant heads. I'm glad you haven't experianced this. Many of us have including some pro drummers such as Burmuda. I got real tired of buying a complete set of heads and having 1 or 2 not tune up unless they were cranked up which isn't what go for. I have had enough bad ones that I just can't trust them even though it's tempting because they are readily available unlike Aquarian. I'd rather order and wait. At least I'll know that I have a top notch product on the way. I still have a good set of clear Emperors on my 10, 12 & 14 setup that I don't use too often. This was 1 time that I got lucky. After they wear out.. It will be another order for Aquarian.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_drummer View Post
What makes Aquarian Heads so special is the way Aquarian makes them, the engineering, the components used, the people behind it and the customer services they offer.

And the shorter, yellow school bus they ride on...........

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/drummermikemccraw
http://www.myspace.com/drummermikemccraw
Old 12-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitch View Post

No you're confusing with REMO, it's them that have such a big facility because they are world #1 drumhead maker, that employees need travel to their workspace in the shorter, yellow school bus ;-)

Oh just the records, two weeks ago, I have blown (split) a two month old snare batter which was a Satin finish texture coated, I contacted Aquarian talk to Mr Burns and two days later I received not one but two Satin Finish Texture Coated (w/ Z-100). Talk about great customer services.

My Kit Latest Update
Old 12-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Mystic

Some of you guys are way too narrow minded, your stuck on this track that only a certain type of heads are good. You bash the other companies and don't fully understand, I have heard a lot of people getting bad heads from aquarian and evans too, I just don't think you guys are looking at any other point of view but your own and its directed toward aquarian because you don't know much of anything else. Not saying evans or aquarian are bad at all, just your view points are so rediculous you make Remo sound so bad, but they really aren't.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Some of you guys are way too narrow minded, your stuck on this track that only a certain type of heads are good. You bash the other companies and don't fully understand, I have heard a lot of people getting bad heads from aquarian and evans too, I just don't think you guys are looking at any other point of view but your own and its directed toward aquarian because you don't know much of anything else. Not saying evans or aquarian are bad at all, just your view points are so rediculous you make Remo sound so bad, but they really aren't.

You know what, I have nothing agains REMO but the problem is their coating... By the time you realize they had coating, it'll be gone.

My Kit Latest Update
Old 12-09-2008, 06:25 PM

I was at the drum shop on Sat. and got one of there heads and did that tap test that they talk about and it really did sound better than the remos and evans. It had a great tone before it was even on the drum.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
You don't get it... I played nothing but Remo from 1981 - 2007. Narrow minded? I think not.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmoon View Post
...Narrow minded? ...

Not Narrow minded, Wise would be best appropriate, dont you think so :-)

My Kit Latest Update
Old 12-10-2008, 01:30 AM
trkdrmr

Quote:
I fully understand the company founded by Remo Belli, who introduced plastic drumheads in a world of calfskins. The same company I used exclusively from the late 70's-89. The same company that thoughfully provided me with dozens of bad pinstripes and emperor heads over the years. The company that continues to produce more bad heads per unit sold than the other three major companies combined.

I'd say my bashing is from years of well-trodden use of thier (often) faulty products and subsequently switching to problem-free products from Evans and occasionally Aquarian and even Attack. I trust Attack more than remo at this point. Tried the two ply attack lately? They are pretty darn good! Am I close minded for trying *all* the competition and not putting all my eggs in one basket? if anything, glorifying remo and ignoring it's issues is close-minded, because you are shutting out the other companies. Are my educated, experianced, fact-based view points completely without merit and disprovable, therefore...rediculous?

I say thee, nay*.

*Must have stared too closely at Skitch's avatar...

Last edited by trkdrmr; 12-10-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Platinum Member

Well said ^^ .

My Kit Latest Update
Old 12-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_drummer View Post
You know what, I have nothing agains REMO but the problem is their coating... By the time you realize they had coating, it'll be gone.
Which is why I use Evans. No coating problems on two sets, 9 drums in two years. I took one out of the box at my local music store, it had a scratch on it. The manager kept the box and gave me the head. The scratch has not gotten bigger.