DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-12-2008, 09:13 PM

Default DW 9000 Vs. Pearl Eliminators

Hey guys.........I currently have a Pearl Eliminator hi hat stand and double pedals. They're really just not doing it for me much anymore, as it seems I have to do a lot more work to get action out of the pedals. What I remember playing the DW's at my GC a while back, were they had a bigger footboard which I liked, and were VERY light and smooth. It seemed like I didn't have to do anything to do triplets and they sounded even, when on the Elims they're not as pronounced. I also need a slightly lower hi hat stand than the Eliminator. So, I've been looking at DW 9000 pedals. I've been reading of the footboards breaking a lot, but I'm definitley not a heavy player, and have honestly never broken anything drumwise. I only had 2 Pearl 2000 arms strip out, and thats because I was tightening them too hard. Anyways, I was thinking of selling my Elims and getting 9000's off ebay since brand new they are around 7-800 bucks for both.

Any reviews of the 9000's, and if this would be a good decision? I LOVE pearl hardware, but it seems I may be better with the DW's. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 AM

Default Re: DW 9000 Vs. Pearl Eliminators

Here you go, my friend. All the info, opinions, etc. you could ever ask for about all kinds of pedals:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=36313
Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Silver Member

Which DW 9000?? The Accelerator, or the Turbo, they play VASTLY different.

Thanks are implied
You are welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperFace
Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 AM

I have not had the slightest issues with my Eliminator pedals. I put away my set of Axis longboards for these guys. What cam are you using on your Elims? This can drastically change the feel of the pedal. I played on the 9000 at GC and found it to be kind of bulky feeling....maybe it was how they had it set up. That is the problem though that leads drummers to purchase the wrong pedals...they buy based on what they play at the store. With different settings and and on a different kit than would be appropriate for them. Check into the DW8000, it seems to be less bulky than the 9000 and just as smooth.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercussionist View Post

Unlike the 5000 where you have to order a specifice cam accelerator or turbo the 9000 has an infinite adjustable cam and can be set to either and even in between those settings. I have a 9000 and love it! FOR me I really like the feel and after playing with spring tension and cam position I've got it dialed in where it feels great for me, very effortless to play. I've not read that much about the footboards snapping and quite honestly the way they are made I'd think you have to jump up and down on them like a gorilla to do so. On the other side have you tried replacing the spring on your eliminators?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 PM

im a dw pedal guy. i have a 5000 and i really like it. and the 9000s are amazing.

but it might benefit you more to just play around with tweaking your current pedal and tuning that up and if it comes to it, you could replace some parts.

but if you feel like sporting a new pedal, you really cant go wrong with the dw, in my opinion at least. it all just comes down to what you like. try out a lot and do a lot of research. make sure you check out trick too by the way i hear good things about them.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaboy View Post
Unlike the 5000 where you have to order a specifice cam accelerator or turbo the 9000 has an infinite adjustable cam and can be set to either and even in between those settings. I have a 9000 and love it! FOR me I really like the feel and after playing with spring tension and cam position I've got it dialed in where it feels great for me, very effortless to play. I've not read that much about the footboards snapping and quite honestly the way they are made I'd think you have to jump up and down on them like a gorilla to do so. On the other side have you tried replacing the spring on your eliminators?
HUH!!! How cool is THAT! I may have to upgrade!!

I also doubt there's a problem with the pedal-boards breaking, that would be a well known problem of it existed.

Thanks are implied
You are welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperFace
Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 AM

I am not a hard hitter or foot stomper on my kick pedal at all, and I've been playing Drums 25 years and it happened to me once.

I had the Pearl Eliminator double pedal also. in band practise the plate between the chain and the footplate snapped in half, not clean off, in half!!!!

I was also playing on a V Drum kit so not much resonance going through the pedal really...

Pearl replaced it for free...but

For that reason I'll never play Pearl pedals again. If that had been a gig I'd have been stuffed.

I now play DW9000's and I love them, they are tough as...
Old 12-03-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercussionist View Post

The 9000 has an infinite adjustable cam - so it can be set to either accelerator or turbo and anything inbetween.

And i know this thread is probably really old. but the 9 series use the same footboards from the 5 series - i've had my 5000 for about 4 years and i haven't had an issue - and i play a range of styles - recently perfecting heal toe, and the pedal takes quite a beating now.

im looking at the 9002 myself. but im not sure

H2h

Emerald Fade PDP MX 5 piece
Expanded in the near future.
Zildjian K's
Old 12-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Gold Member

For $10.00 you can put DW springs on the Pearl pedals....try this before you spend a gazillion dollars.