NEW From Aquarian

wolfmoon

Silver Member
HI-VELOCITY!

Aquarian introduces it's new HI-VELOCITY snare drumhead. The HI-VELOCITY is a two ply coated snare head with a reverse Power-Thin dot for extra strength.

The HI-VELOCITY has been road tested by many of Aquarian's leading artists and has proved to be extremely durable.

The perfect head for Metal, Pop, and Country music as well as the studio!

hmm sounds ok i guess

Can't wait to try these out!!!
Have been using the Aquarian Responce 2's w/ a dot, basicaly the same thing as this new head, but I think the new dot is bigger.
Anyway, sounds cool, and I'll be sure to have them on my snares soon!

A reviewer at Drummer Cafe gave it a great review: http://www.drummercafe.com/industry/news/aquarian-hi-velocity-snare-drumhead.html

The Hi-Velocity™ is a two-ply (7 mil each ply) drumhead with a Power-Thin™ dot on the underside of the head for extra strength, plus Aquarian's new Z-100 Texture Coating.

No dampening needed in most miking and recording situations.
Very durable and road tested.
Full sound and projection.
Very versatile.

The Hi-Velocity™ can be used in many styles of music including country, pop, blues, rock and metal.

Comfortable to play at all volume levels from soft to very loud.
The drumhead held up very well in the recording studio as well live playing situations, and sounded great within Pop, Rock, Country and Jazz music genres. Even after dozens upon dozens of hours of use, playing everything from ghost-strokes to heavy backbeats, brushes to drumsticks, the Hi-Velocity drumhead was always ready for the next musical adventure. The Z-100 texture coating remained consistent and intact; very impressive.

I don't make a habit of using a two-ply drumhead for my Snare drum batter heads simply because I haven't liked the sound in the past. But with the Hi-Velocity drumhead I'm able to get a sound from the drum that I really like while at the same time getting a lot of mileage, flexibility and durability from one drumhead.

There's even a video, and the guy does a little buzz roll on it, but nothing big. The head sounds good, from what I can hear.

I agree 100%.

It may be my own personal bias, but I don't think Aquarian can outdo my favorite snare head.

Prove me wrong?

How can we prove you wrong ????

It's like saying I doubt Evans & Remo could outdo my favorite head. Their coating will never be as durable as Aquarian.

Prove me wrong ?

Unless I didn't caught right your statement.

Back