DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 11-14-2008, 01:15 AM
trkdrmr

Default Re: Todd Sucherman here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sucherman View Post
intheruff--

I really don't use heel/toe. It was just never natural or comfortable for me. You just missed me in the Pacific NW. I did clinics in Salem and Seattle. I won't be doing clinics in Spokane unless I'm invited by your shop---I (or any other drummer) doesn't choose where they do clinics. They have to be invited!
Spokane, and the surrounding area are a drumming void. There are no decent drum shops, no decent music shops, no clinics, no hi-fi or specialty shops. I could draw a circle in a 3-hour drive radius and it's all a void, sadly.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:07 PM

TRKDRMR, hey you think Spokane is bad you should live here in Delaware!!! Death valley for anything, I mean this place is like the land that time forgot when it comes to music stores, concerts or drum stuff!!!!! So, brother , you are not alone in the wilderness.....

Gretsch and Paiste
Old 11-14-2008, 01:53 PM

Todd,

I first became aware of your playing by accident. I was in NC around 2000/2001 vacationing and stopped by the local Wal Mart. As I was walking in the music aisle I saw this CD called
Styx "Hits". The price was right so I bought it and popped it in the player in my Olds Intrigue. Geez! It was unbelievable. The cover said nothing about it being a LIVE disc.
Your playing really opened my eyes and I think I went through that CD from front to back 4 times that day. The whole band sounded great and the drum parts really elevated the music.
About a year or so later I saw STYX and REO on the TODAY show and to hear that kind of rock on a whitebread show was awesome. You guys absolutely killed that morning.
Since then I've bought 2 concert DVDs The St. Louis one with REO and Return to Paradise Theater(i think thats what it is called).
Anyway, funny how a fluke buy can turn out to be one of the favorite bands/performances in my collection.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Nice pic, John!

You look comfy behind those Masterworks......

T
VERY Comfy for sure. What a treat to be able to play that amazing set up!! Thanks again!!!

Fav
Old 11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member

Sheesh, you guys are playing right down the road in St. Pete and I can't go. *figures*

It's been unusually warm here this past week and the humidity sure has crept up a bit. Bring those air fans Todd. Have a great show! I'm sure I will hear about it how great it was from my friends.

Stay cool.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Nice pic, John!

You look comfy behind those Masterworks......

T
LOL either my meds are kicking in or that pic is out of focus! I am sure though that he is comfy in there somewhere I just don't know which one...love to see a clearer pic of that Kit John.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:57 PM

'Spokane, and the surrounding area are a drumming void. There are no decent drum shops, no decent music shops, no clinics, no hi-fi or specialty shops. I could draw a circle in a 3-hour drive radius and it's all a void, sadly.'

3 hour? Try 7 (Seattle). I thank Al Gore everyday for the internet... lol.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:19 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

intheruff--

I'm not sure what you mean by grand rolls....I cover bass drum technique for a minute as I feel I have nothing to fancy going on "downstairs" but I cover a lot of double bass ideas with an easy number system between hands and feet. I feel it's a useful way to incorporate double bass ideas within fills and grooves--and not just bombastic 16th idea stuff.

Stillgroovin--

Thanks. Enjoying the weather indeed.

rmandlebaum-

I was in Hawaii last month. I'm more of a snorkel guy than a diver! But thanks for the tip. I had a blast over there as usual.

trkdrmr--

Sorry you feel there is a void there. It's important that we support our local drum shops. You do have Dick's hamburgers, though. If you look at the picture (from the Modern Drummer cover article they did on me) I'm wearing a Dick's T shirt under the jacket on the bench photo! I got that last time I was in Spokane.

b4z--

Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you "discovered" me. Thanks again. I feel this band (as well as performances I'm happy with) still haven't been captured live yet. Two Styx CDs where I don't feel like leaping from a bridge when I hear them are "Cyclorama" and "Big Bang Theory." I suggest you check them out if you enjoy my playing. And of course, the DVD is over 5 hours which I wholeheartedly recommend! It's available world wide here:
http://www.altitudedigital.com/todd-...mechanics.html

John Fav--

Always a pleasure to see you, my friend!

That Guy--

Sorry you'll be missing the gig.

drumhead61--

Lots-o-moving pics of that kit in the DVD! Over 5 hours of it, actually.

OK, guys. Thanks for your notes!

Cheers from Clearwater-

Todd
Old 11-15-2008, 08:27 PM

'double bass ideas with an easy number system between hands and feet'

I'm not sure what meant by 'grand roll' either, never said it before. However, what you said above, and what I've heard of your 'grand rolls', the dvd is on the Christmas list. Now you go buy yourself something big and expensive... lol
Old 11-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Silver Member

Todd!

Just want to say congrats and "thanks" for producing such an exceptional DVD set! I'd neither heard nor seen you before but I bought "Methods and Mechanics" after reading your interview in MD. Wow, I sat down this morning just to get a start on it (thought maybe I'd watch about an hour then move on to the rest of my day) and the next thing I know, it's five hours later and I'm still sitting on my couch staring at the television! You did the kinds of things I've always wished other drummers would do (or do more of) in their videos and I really enjoyed both your musical and teaching performances. Well done!

spleen
Old 11-16-2008, 12:19 AM
trkdrmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheruff View Post
'Spokane, and the surrounding area are a drumming void. There are no decent drum shops, no decent music shops, no clinics, no hi-fi or specialty shops. I could draw a circle in a 3-hour drive radius and it's all a void, sadly.'

3 hour? Try 7 (Seattle). I thank Al Gore everyday for the internet... lol.
That answers my question about Boise. I was considering looking north into Canada. Better yet: move to Seattle this summer when I retire from active duty. There is a small drum shop in Sand Point and maybe Idaho percussion.

"Dicks hamburgers" hmmm.. yes I think I got a splash there once... :X

Seattle: You have much bigger GC's. Donn Bennetts, and music 6000 (?). That's almost paradise compared to the eastern half. Not to mention, you have B.C. to the north with lots of stuff, and Portland to the south. I have no issue with Seattle, except I can't fit in to the Bellvue area. They have cars there that cost more than my house.

Last edited by trkdrmr; 11-17-2008 at 04:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

Todd,

I heard the show in St. Pete was amazing and you were on point as usual. Everybody that I spoke with said you couldn't beat the ticket price of $10.00 and get a better show anywhere. One thing that was mentioned quite a bit was how incredibly crisp and clear the sound quality was. My buddy said your drums sliced through the air like a knife and your bass drum shook the place up. I have seen some brief video clips that my friends shot and it definately looked like a fun night.

Were you able to meet anyone from the DrummerWorld forums that night? We have quite a few members from the area.

Hopefully I will catch you guys next time around.

Peace!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:26 PM

'There is a small drum shop in Sand Point, but he charges out the wazoo for "vintage" stuff.'

Chris's shop in Sandpoint is in his house and is fairly well stocked. He's also a fine technician and respected instructor. His prices seem fair, but I'm not in the market much except for heads, sticks, etc., and prices for those commodities are better on the internet or at the wholesale shops (2 in Coeur d Alene).

Dicks Hamburgers... Yes! The 'diner' of my very first eating experience here in the Inland Empire (back in 1972). Dicks sold stock and went public in the late 1980's so they might expand their incredably successful biz. The stock flailed like a drowning rat and the only shop they opened with the money raised in the stock offering was in Arizona (I think) failed. The stock became worthless and was sold to an upstart, Labor Ready. Made many millions out of nothing at all. Burgers to Bracero's.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:24 AM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

intheruff--

Thanks. I don't need anything big and expensive----just hoping to break even, baby!

spleen--

Wow, thanks for the compliments! I'm really happy that the MD interview was enough for you to plunk down your hard earned cash on the dvd. I'm quite flattered! I hope you continue to enjoy it and add some new concepts to your playing and thinking. Thanks again, man.

That Guy--

It was a good night. Over 10 thousand people, I overheard. I just had a few personal guests after the show and didn't run into any folks from here that night. Sorry you missed it.

intheruff and trkdrmr---let's keep things nice here...and not argue about what we feel correct pricing should be! Let's not let an argument erupt here.

Off to San Jose at one million o'clock in the morning for my last clinic of the year....and I'm off for a month!

Cheers-
Todd
Old 11-17-2008, 04:54 AM
Silver Member

Hi Todd,

Old timer here. I have been checking you out on You-Tube and I really enjoy your playing. Let me also say that I read your posts and appreciate the great feedback you give to the forum members.

As a matter of fact I was so impressed with the clips I have seen of your DVD that I ordered one for myself. Can't wait to get it and thanks again.

Pete
Old 11-17-2008, 05:05 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

spleen--

Wow, thanks for the compliments! I'm really happy that the MD interview was enough for you to plunk down your hard earned cash on the dvd. I'm quite flattered! I hope you continue to enjoy it and add some new concepts to your playing and thinking. Thanks again, man.
Todd--one thing you've inspired me to do is revisit some rudiments from my drum corps days and think about different ways to orchestrate them on the kit and make musical use of them. I think I'd overlooked the usefulness of flam-intense rudiments in fills (thinking they were often "too busy") but I like the way you talk about using them to add "density"--it sort of gives me a fresh perspective and I'm excited to see what this does to my playing.

BTW, I also had the pleasure to study with Ian Froman and Skip Hadden at Berklee, circa 1987-88--nice to hear you mention their names!

Thanks again for the inspiration man--I look forward to checking out more of your work!

spleen
Old 11-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Todd, forgot to ask, what kind of muffling are you using on your bass drums. The smaller Pearl kit seems to have none while the larger Masterworks kit sounds just right. Heads? Remo, correct?

Gretsch and Paiste
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 AM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

2bsticks--

Thanks for the kind words, Pete! I hope you enjoy the DVD and get a lot out of it. Your feedback is always appreciated.

spleen--

Thanks again, my man. I'm happy to hear you're revisiting some "old ideas" and making use of them on the kit. It definitely does add some "density" and a slightly different dimension to somewhat standard sounding things. And those things can be useful in creating shades and fulness in general kit playing.

I just had a party at the house during PASIC and was honored to have Skip Hadden as one of my guests--and we got to play together in the drum room. It had been over 20 years! As well, I saw Ian Froman for the first time in 20 years at the MD Fest---about 5 minutes before I began my segment. A cosmic trip indeed--and it was great to catch up with him later in the day. Both were very different players and teachers, and I learned much from them. Sounds like you had positive experiences too.
Thanks again!

stillgroovin--

I talk a little bit about the bass drum in the gear section on disc 2 of the DVD. I play the 18" jazz bass drum wide open with no muffling. For the 22" I like a 6" hole in the front head with a pillow in the bass drum. For more "rock" stuff I go for punch and spike in the sound. I want clear definition, especially with more complex patterns. I don't understand guys who play arenas with big open bass drums--unless they want their bass drum to sound like a bass guitar and ring for 10 seconds with each hit. An arena (or any big room with a big PA) is already going to sound huge and reverby....so I go with an old school pillow for definition and spike.

OK. Finally home....and have a much needed month off!

Cheers-
Todd
Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM

Have a good break Todd, I'd say you've earned it. I think you've flown more miles in the past month than I have in a lifetime.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:36 PM

Hey Todd, I really (really) dig your drumming and you can be sure I'll be at the next drum clinic or Styx concert in Toronto.

I was listening to the remake of Blue Collar Man on Big Bang Theory (amazing covers by the way) and I was wondering how you got that really fat, deep snare sound (I'm not quite sure if that's how one would describe it, but it's along those lines).

By the way isn't the Styx keyboardist from around Toronto?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:22 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

Leadfoot--

Thanks, I will!

AndrewL---

Thanks, man. I appreciate the kind words!

The snare I used on "Blue Collar Man 2120" version was a Pearl Ultra Cast with the snares off. We just went for some ambiance and anything that was done to the sound was from our engineer, Gary Loizzo. There was nothing special as I remember. It was just the sound of the room and the overall vibe. That was recorded at the old Chess Records (now a museum) where lots of Chuck Berry, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Willy Dixon stuff was done.

Styx's keyboardist for the last 9 years is Lawrence Gowan, indeed from Toronto. He had many gold and platinum records in Canada (as "Gowan") in the 80s and had players like Jerry Marotta and Tony Levin play on much of his stuff. He was selling out arenas on his own in Canada back then. (I'm guessing you're a really young dude if you don't remember!)

Cool---

Off to run some errands. Check in with you guys later-

Todd
Old 11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
spleen--

I just had a party at the house during PASIC and was honored to have Skip Hadden as one of my guests--and we got to play together in the drum room. It had been over 20 years! As well, I saw Ian Froman for the first time in 20 years at the MD Fest---about 5 minutes before I began my segment. A cosmic trip indeed--and it was great to catch up with him later in the day. Both were very different players and teachers, and I learned much from them. Sounds like you had positive experiences too.
Thanks again!
Hey Todd,

How cool that you reconnected with Skip and Ian after 20 years! I imagine it must be thrilling for them to see your success and to know some about the journey your playing has taken you on so far.

My best friend and I were huge into Weather Report before we went to Berklee together (years later, my friend actually ended up becoming friends with Joe Zawinul and his family) so I sought out Skip. His "laid back" way of being was a good fit for me and I have fond memories of playing his kit with the two flat rides angled up on boom stands.

Re: Ian, I hadn't heard of him before Berklee but I really dug his playing and his intensity. He turned me on to Elvin (of course ) and Jack in a big way which, along with his playing, opened up new worlds for me in so many ways.

Hey man, take care and thanks for making yourself available to us here on the forum!

spleen
Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 AM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

Spleen---

Ah, Skips double flat rides!

It really was a thrill to reconnect with both of them. Warm fuzzies all around....and life can surprise you with "full circle" elements. Ian and Skip were both wonderful and warm---I feel nothing but love for those guys! I'm gonna try to insert a pic of Skip and I, but it might not work as I'm a bit of a computer moron in many respects. Hope it works....
(If the pic works, thats myself, Skip, Johnny Rabb on the other kit. Gavin Harrison was on the 4th--not pictured!)

I'm happy to hear that you have the same regard for those two amazing players and true gentlemen.

Todd
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2008, 04:53 AM
Silver Member

Todd,

Just finished watching your DVD. It was great. You gave me lots of great ideas to work on. I'm 55 and have always had trouble with putting the rudiments into a musical place. I,e, how am I supposed to use a para-diddle other than a warm up. It won't be easy for this old guy with my old habits but you gave me a clear picture, a place to start.

Love the kit and the layout of the location.

Thanks again for the great work and hope to see you in the Boston area soon.

Pete
Old 11-26-2008, 11:41 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

2bsticks---

Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that my efforts are proving helpful to you. Take all those rudiments, hybrid rudiments, compound stickings and let your imagination run wild using the templates I played----changing orchestrations and note rates. Keep it up!

Hope to be through Boston sometime in the summer.

Cheers-
Todd
Old 11-28-2008, 04:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Spleen---

Ah, Skips double flat rides!

It really was a thrill to reconnect with both of them. Warm fuzzies all around....and life can surprise you with "full circle" elements. Ian and Skip were both wonderful and warm---I feel nothing but love for those guys! I'm gonna try to insert a pic of Skip and I, but it might not work as I'm a bit of a computer moron in many respects. Hope it works....
(If the pic works, thats myself, Skip, Johnny Rabb on the other kit. Gavin Harrison was on the 4th--not pictured!)

I'm happy to hear that you have the same regard for those two amazing players and true gentlemen.

Todd
Todd,

Yes, I've had a few of those "full circle" experiences as well and they are usually unlike anything you ever could have expected. And wow, what a great pic--thanks for sharing it!

Very cool, you, Skip, Johnny Rabb, and Gavin--I'm curious to know (if you don't mind sharing), what were you guys playing???

spleen
Old 11-28-2008, 06:18 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

spleen---

If my memory serves me, we started out playing swing time. Then different people were popping up on the kits including John Favicchia and Derek Roddy, Bobby Jarzonbek.......then we were playing time and trading 8s around the horn. It was a blast indeed! It was a party, and beverages were involved in the proceedings.

If I may do a little holiday plugging here.....from another post and from my latest Myspace blog. I'm humbled and thrilled with the reviews the DVD "Methods and Mechanics has been receiving. Especially the beautiful letter I received from Steve Smith, who has been a hero to me since I was ten years old. Amazing.

"I'm going to tell everyone what an inspiring and helpful DVD "Methods and Mechanics" is. It is one of the best and most helpful drum DVDs ever. There are some great licks in there that I'm going to be shedding when I get a minute!"
--Steve Smith

"Styx drumming great Todd Sucherman earns the rank of master drummer with creative, entertaining, and artistically produced instructional package. Four and a half stars (out of five)."
--Mike Haid Modern Drummer magazine

"A stunning achievement. This DVD sets the bar high for others to follow. One of the best looking and sounding DVDs ever."
--Ken Micaleff Modern Drummer magazine

I'm overwhelmed and humbled by the reviews and the kind words I've received from drummers all over the globe. Thanks to all who've supported the project and I hope "Methods and Mechanics" is adding new dimensions to the playing of those who've picked it up!

Start your holiday shopping early---and give a copy to your favorite drummer. Or if you're a drummer, treat yourself!

Available on line and ships world wide to your door from Altitudedigital.com

http://www.altitudedigital.com/todd-...mechanics.html
Old 12-02-2008, 05:20 AM

Todd,

I'm new to DrummerWorld, and saw you at Skins 'n' Tins in Champaign in October.

Really enjoyed your clinic and have a question that maybe you answered below - but that's not quite what it looked like, so I wanted to check to be sure.

Way back on page 2 of this thread you said:

Quote:
The trash hats are a combo of a 14" HHX Evolution Mini China with a 12" HHX Evolution Splash on top. It's what I used in the "X-Hat" position on the big kit---but I popped those on the regular hat stand for that.
At the clinic you had a pair of stacked cymbals that *really* cut through the mix - they were just to the left of your big ride, but they appeared larger than a 12" on top of a 14".

What exactly was in that fantastic sounding stack?! *grin*

kestrou
Old 12-02-2008, 05:47 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

kestrou--

Those were the same cymbals from the DVD----14" mini China and 12" splash (both Sabian Evolutions).

The exact cymbal rig will appear in the upcoming Modern Drummer Festival DVD due out sometime next year.

Thanks for your question--
Cheers!
Todd
Old 12-02-2008, 06:57 PM

Todd--Congratulations on the rave reviews. Well deserved. It must feel great to hear such things from a hero of yours like Steve Smith. I'm sure some 10 year-old kid out there will get the same inspiration from your work!

Sonor S-Classix
Paiste Signature Dark Energy
Old 12-03-2008, 06:24 AM

Hey Todd this is Brandon, I met you at the clinic you had at Weather's Music in Salem, Oregon, I talked to you about the University of Oregon jazz studies program that I am striving to get into. I just wanted to say thank you, it was the first clinic I'd ever attended and it made a huge impact on my playing and right after the clinic I played drums again that day until 9 at night. Thank you!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:15 AM

Hi Todd,

Greetings from England once again.

I've finally been able to order your DVD - via Amazon.

It's due to arrive just before Christmas.

In one of the drum mags over here, you're pictured with Gavin Harrison, Jason Bittner and Billy Stewart.

As yourself and Gavin are the drummers I've "discovered" in the last year, I wondered what you make of Gavin's playing.

His playing with Porcupine Tree and his solo DVD has some inspiring moments.

The pair of you have that rare combination of awesome techique AND feel.

Best wishes...
Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

shoedaddy--

I hope so. It's amazing how what we give to others send ripples over generations. Steve wrote me a 6 page letter when I was 12 years old full of brilliant advice. I find myself passing much of that same information on to others to this day. Steve has been a tremendous influence over the years and to receive the few emails that I've received recently has been mind blowing to me. I sometimes feel like that same 12 year old kid all over again. There are no words, really. Thanks for your kind note!

branflakes992--

Thanks for that feedback and it was great to meet you in Salem. I'm glad you went home and played! That's the whole point when it comes right down to it. I wish you luck with your studies and playing. Work hard and remember to have fun while doing it!

supermac--

Thanks for ordering the DVD and I hope it adds to your holiday festivities. It was always available direct from us at Altitudedigital.com--and ships world wide. But glad you found it and I look forward to your feedback. Thanks.

I think Gavin is a brilliant player. He has his own unique voice and an elegance about his playing that puts a smile on my face. We became fast friends when we did the Montreal Drum Fest together in '06. He's been a good friend and we had more fun together at the Modern Drummer Festival and when he was just here in Austin for PASIC. I have all the PT albums and check out the record he did with 05Ric. He sounds incredible.

Thanks for your note.

Cheers-

Todd
Old 12-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Silver Member

Hey Todd!

In this month's Modern Drummer magazine, I saw your Sabian ad for AAX series! Great job and good press!

I love the AAX and HHX myself.. Just got an 18" HHX Evolution crash - really awesome stuff.. I also have a 19" Vault crash and that thing shatters glass as well as a 16" AAX Dark which blends SO well with many musical styles.

You've probably had the opportunity to experiment with many more Sabian hi-hat choices than I, but I'm looking for another set of hats to use for another group that I recently came into. It's more Modern Pop with some R&B undertones - think Justin Timberlake meets Maroon5. I was *thinking*of something in the AAX, HHX or Signature series... can you recommend something that is capable of fast hits in the music and then at times, grooving along?

I have 14" HHX Groove Hats right now but I was leaning more of a slightly lighter and at times, busier sound.

Thanks Todd!!!

Dominick
Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

Trip--

The Hi Hats that make the rotation in my studio are these, and all have brilliant finish:

14" AA Regular (I use these live with STYX. Think classic "New Beats" in a way.)

14" HHX Evolution (Used on the big kit on the DVD "Methods and Mechanics" except for triple snare solo, which were 13" HH Bright Hats.)

14" AAX X-Celerator (rippled bottom. Bright and tight.)

Maybe you can go to your shop and audition these and see if they are what you're looking for.

Cheers!
Todd
Old 12-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Silver Member

Hey thanks Todd!

I used to have Natural finish AA Regulars (now called Mediums) - I just may have to go snatch up another pair!

Have you ever tried the Fusions (either HH or AA)?

Dominick
Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 PM

Todd, This comes as sort of a rookie question but I was wondering. You mention several times in the DVD about "Stating The 1" or not, as it may be. Are you referring to accentuating the first note of the 1 E and uh? Could you expound on how this changes the orchestration? Sorry for the rookie question but inquiring minds need to know!!!!

Gretsch and Paiste
Old 12-11-2008, 06:03 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

Dominick--

I have had no experience with those models at all. Sorry.

Stillgroovin-

I'm guessing you are referring to where I say that in the DVD about playing swing time. The 1 is.....well, 1. As in beat one! It doesn't change orchestration, but the rhythmic shape. The reason inexperienced jazz drummers, or some high school drummers, or rock drummers trying to play jazz sound bad is because they play the "one" ALL the time. Playing the one works is backbeat based music (boom-whack-boom-whack) but swing time should push with a forward motion. Avoiding the "one" (unless the music dictates you play the "one") gives the time more of a float and push. It swings more improvising with the anticapations and using the "one" conversationally within the rhythmic phrase, as opposed to using the "one" to block off bars and phrases. This is hopefully explained and demonstrated in the swing time section on disc 2 of the DVD.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!
Todd
Old 12-11-2008, 09:57 PM

OK, I see, said the blind man. Thanks!
P.S Forgot to mention, Got the Taylor Mills CD and loved it. Nice mix.

Gretsch and Paiste

Last edited by stillgroovin; 12-11-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: added content
Old 12-14-2008, 07:05 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

Stillgroovin--

Thanks for getting "Lullagoodbye" by Taylor Mills. It's my favorite record I've ever done and it's really special to me. Having Brian Wilson and Tommy Shaw appear on the record was a thrill. It's one of those records that makes you "work for it" a bit....it has depth. I'm normally not a female singer fan--but this is all heart and emotion with no American Idol vocal pyrotechnics or kitsch.

I'm really glad you dig it.

Cheers,
Todd