DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-10-2008, 08:36 PM

Default Toe stops on Double Pedals (DW)

Does anyone who has DW pedals know how to put on the toe stops or know what the rest of the extra parts in the bags that come with them are for.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Toe stops on Double Pedals (DW)

I have a few DW pedals but no toe stops, I would assume you use the same screw that hold the chain to the pedal board ?

take a pic and post it. I am sure we can help
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Old 11-11-2008, 05:02 AM

I'll do what I can. But i'm too broke to go out and get a digi camera...I'll see if i can get one off my friends.
But heres the deal...I contacted DW, did everything they said, heated the nut w/ a blowdryer to undo the Chemical lock, and still, the damn screw/nut combo wouldn't come off...Hell..I post a video of me trying to get the damn thing off if I have to, but no promises on that one.

Last edited by DrummerAxion; 11-11-2008 at 05:03 AM. Reason: adding info.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:58 AM

High heat for a minute or two (or five)... take a GOOD bit, press down hard and give it a really solid turn. The first turn is the most difficult. However -- make sure the screwdriver or drill bit you're using is not a piece of junk. You'll either ruin your screwdriver, or worse -- strip out the screw head. Make sure it's a really solid fit. (I made this mistake the first time and had to get a stripped screw removing bit that was substantially more expensive).

With the right bit and a really solid turn, it's easier than you might expect. Without that combo, it's a real pain.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member

I used a heat gun to remove the screws to update my hinges.

Loctite is strong stuff
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Old 11-11-2008, 07:26 PM

Well, I used a hairdryer on mine for 1/2 hour last night...and it didn't work for shit...pardon my language...i'm kinda upset that even that didn't work. I couldn't touche the pedal it was so hot. I'll try the bit thing w/ a drill tonight. I might have to get one of those stripped ones though because my friend gave it a try after I was done and i'm afraid he might have stripped the damn thing.
Thanks guys, you've been very helpful.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerAxion View Post
Well, I used a hairdryer on mine for 1/2 hour last night...and it didn't work for shit...pardon my language...i'm kinda upset that even that didn't work. I couldn't touche the pedal it was so hot. I'll try the bit thing w/ a drill tonight. I might have to get one of those stripped ones though because my friend gave it a try after I was done and i'm afraid he might have stripped the damn thing.
Thanks guys, you've been very helpful.
half hour is definitely overkill, you shouldn't need more than three-five minutes max depending on how hot your hairdryer is. And the obvious point: you were heating the underside of the pedal where the nut is, not the actual screw itself, right?

You only need a damaged screw remover if you can't see the slots for a philips head bit - if it's rounded out and looks like an allen wrench socket, then yes, you're going to have to remove a damaged screw.

You should be able to get it off with your forearm strength - it's not torqued down. If you use a drill, go SLOW.

I'd suggest taking it to a drum store for a quick assist if you're having trouble. Likely they've dealt with it before.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 PM

Well..I got it and put the Toe-Stops on...I had to take a match to the nut on thebottom where it was locked in...and it worked fine..No more hairdryers...they don't work. But i got it all, and thankyou for everyone's help.