DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Default Caddy's DW kit

Some quick snapshots of my DW kit in my studio. I may take some "glamour shots" in the future, but I thought I'd take a few quick pics for the heck of it. This is where the few-and-far-between shedding sessions occur, as well as recording...

2004 DW Collectors Series in Blue White Pearl
22x18 kick drum
14x5 DW Craviotto Snare
12x9 tom
16x14 floor tom

and in the background you can see:
10x8 tom
14x12 floor tom

Cymbals:
14" Sabian HHX Evolution high hats
16" Zildjian Armand Thin Crash
18" Zildjian Armand Med. Thin Crash
21" 50s Zildjian (ride)

Yes, I do set it up as a 6-piece occasionally, and when I go into recording studios, I bring all of the toms along, but mostly play it as a 4-piece. I have an old 18" shell that I bought and had refinished to match the kit (which is why I know the color is "blue white pearl" and not "white marine pearl") that I usually play with the 10" and 14".

The last picture is from a photo shoot in which I photoshopped myself into the picture playing drums, guitar, bass, and singing. It will be used for promotion when I release my solo cd in the future sometime. Yes, the cymbals are all over-sized. I used a bunch of rides as the crashes, and the high hats are a pair of old Zildjian 18" cymbals. If you look closely, behind the bass amp, you can see the 18"x14" kick with its black hoops poking out.
Attached Images

My kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44195
Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Caddy's DW kit

Hey Caddy. Beautiful kit man ! I really like the Blue White Pearl Finish. Nice. It must sound amazing !!!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member

Great set Caddy... except your snare head is having an identity crisis as we speak..; ) Are you using the mirror for practice? Great move if you are. How do you use it, if you do?..You are geared up very much like my practice set up.

I never bring my extra toms for recording because my 12 sounds incredible in studios, so I don't really need the others..plus we are always tight for space with all the other crap in studios..

Sweet looking kit. DWs never really worked for me, but I've heard some really really sweet sounding ones that I lust after from a safe distance. ( Billy Ward's kit is the greatest..)

P.S - Big cymbals played with a lovin' touch are the greatest cymbal sound there is..
Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 AM
trkdrmr

That's really classy looking kit! I like the last pic especially...nice layout!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusto 62 View Post
Hey Caddy. Beautiful kit man ! I really like the Blue White Pearl Finish. Nice. It must sound amazing !!!
Seriously amazing! I tried about 50 or so DW kits (among lots of other kits from other companies) before I found THIS one. It resonates with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Great set Caddy... except your snare head is having an identity crisis as we speak..; ) Are you using the mirror for practice? Great move if you are. How do you use it, if you do?..You are geared up very much like my practice set up.

I never bring my extra toms for recording because my 12 sounds incredible in studios, so I don't really need the others..plus we are always tight for space with all the other crap in studios..

Sweet looking kit. DWs never really worked for me, but I've heard some really really sweet sounding ones that I lust after from a safe distance. ( Billy Ward's kit is the greatest..)
My snare head is not the only one having a crisis. Check out the toms...

I am using the mirror for my "game face". Since some pictures of me got published in a local paper, I decided to make sure that I am in control of my facial expression at all times now. No more "man, this is so boring I could fall asleep" face for me. Also, it's a subtle reminder to mind my posture while playing.

I was hoping that DWs wouldn't work for me either. It just so happened that the kit I looked for, found, and fell in love with was destined to be this DW. My wife and my wallet both wish I would have fallen in love with a CB kit. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkdrmr View Post
That's really classy looking kit! I like the last pic especially...nice layout!
That layout is strictly for the photo shoot. Can you imagine playing with the second floor tom way over there? Maybe the oversized cymbals make it appear closer...

Thank you all for the kind words!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:38 AM
trkdrmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddywumpus View Post
That layout is strictly for the photo shoot. Can you imagine playing with the second floor tom way over there? Maybe the oversized cymbals make it appear closer...
Yeah, it has that "DW catalog" setup look. But it looks dramatic and "sparkly" in that room.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Silver Member

I think Ive found my next finish...Beautiful, man... And 18" hats? Might be fun. Personally I love the 2 up 2 down setup. Congrats! So, when do we get some audio for that?

Oh yeah, I like the "EvansRemo" heads. LOL
Old 11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Pioneer Member

Thats Beautiful man, awesome setup. Very Nice.

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Old 11-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Silver Member

By the way, how do you hit those cymbals on the floor? Seems like the rug would affect the sound...kinda hard to reach too. : P
Old 11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 View Post
By the way, how do you hit those cymbals on the floor? Seems like the rug would affect the sound...kinda hard to reach too. : P
Oh, yeah...Those are "placeholders" for the photo shoot. That was to get an idea of where the "other mes" would stand. I'll tell you what, though. They sound better sitting on the floor than on my kid's First Act kit. That's for sure!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member

Very nice drums and setup, although there seems to be a big gap between the rack and floor toms, but I see that a lot these days. Really nice retro-looking finish.