DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Silver Member

Default Axis Double Pedal Problem

Right, I use an Axis X Shortboard double pedal, and for the past few months I've had nothing but bad experiences with it.

I recently bought a Pearl bass drum practice pad, and whenever I warm up (usually with slower 140-150BPM 16th-notes) the left beater will ALWAYS pop out after 30 seconds without fail, no matter how tight the tension key is. Looking at the left beater, the paint at the bottom of the rod has been almost completely stripped because of this. Consequently, I now cannot warm up.

Secondly, I can never keep both footboards at the same height for long no matter how tight the tension key at the end of the drive shaft is; the left footboard always tends to 'dip' after a while, causing a clicking sound whenever I push down on it.

As a result of this, the 1.5 hours I normally spend playing double bass daily is now about 45 minutes actual playing and 45 minutes fiddling with the pedal.

Can anyone seriously offer any help here?!?! This is really getting beyond a joke ...

Last edited by schist; 10-12-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Axis Double Pedal Problem

my right beater used to slip on my old double pedal,what i did to fix it was, grind/sand the area on the beater shaft ,that touches the screw.
for the foot board,doing so makes the area on the beater shaft more rough,thus enhancing how the screw grips to it.
for the foot board;
replace all the screws in the foot board area, possibly do the same as on the beater,so everything grabs each other better. though i doubt this is possible.

call axis and ask them?

if worst comes to worse,you could probably replace all the parts which aren't working. though you shouldn't have to. the pedal shouldn't be doing this.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Axis Double Pedal Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by prempex View Post
call axis and ask them?
Hahahaha.

Wish me luck, dude. Axis are notorious for having less-than-satisfactory customer service.