DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 12-04-2006, 07:15 AM

Default My PDP Mx kit.

These are some older pics of my kit. I am trying to get a friend of mine to come over and help me take some better shots. I got this back in the spring, and this is the kit that I wanted from the day I started playing. So here it is.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:30 AM

Default Re: My PDP Mx kit.

Sweet Finish!!!! I love it, I also have a PDP just CX Series. I like the set-up to ;)
Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member

I like that fade. I also use those same heads.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 AM

thats a sweet color :D:D and the kit must sound good
Old 12-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member

i really like the finish on your set. I have that throne too it's great.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:01 PM

Yeah when I started playing 2 years ago I walked into my local Sigler Music store, and this was sitting there. I never liked the color green till I got this. The fade is what caught my eye.

I saw on musiciansfriend.com they have a cx for just under $1000. If I had the money and the room, I would get it. And that throne set me back a good $200, and for the money, its the best. I love it.

They sound great to me. I think they sound better with ear plugs, because you can hear the true tone of the drums. I want to get the add ons (16" floor tom, and 8" high tom). I had thought about just moving my 12" tom down and adding the 8" and just calling it good, but I can't get a deep tone from my floor tom that I want. But they are great. I love them.

Thanks for the post guys.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Pioneer Member

Hmm, very nice finish. Rockin the Soc too I see. Seems like a strange place for the badge on the bass drum...
Old 12-04-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Underhill View Post
Hmm, very nice finish. Rockin the Soc too I see. Seems like a strange place for the badge on the bass drum...
Are you talkin about the PDP logo? Thats the original res head on it. Thats where they put it.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbius25 View Post
Are you talkin about the PDP logo? Thats the original res head on it. Thats where they put it.
No, the badge on the shell.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Underhill View Post
No, the badge on the shell.
Yeah after I posted I was like, thats what he means. I think they did that cause so you could see the company name, and series. Cause they are in weird places on the toms as well.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

i really love this kit.

the fact that it is a 5 piece provides i nice comfortable feel for fills and such.

love the finish too =)
Old 12-05-2006, 08:25 PM
KARL MEMBER

Oh man, amazing finish...and overall just this shine of DW quality :-)

How do you like the kick drum, a friend said that it is absolutly punchy...if tuned right. Has it really those special punchy qualities?

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer Karl View Post

How do you like the kick drum, a friend said that it is absolutly punchy...if tuned right. Has it really those special punchy qualities?

Karl
Do you mean just that kit? beacause I have the same Maple Shells, and my god, My kick drum is so punchy and Just love the sound from it, :D
Old 12-05-2006, 09:54 PM
KARL MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trommur View Post
Do you mean just that kit? beacause I have the same Maple Shells, and my god, My kick drum is so punchy and Just love the sound from it, :D
thanks for info Trommur...and yes, I meant it in general, so all PDP kick drums made of maple...

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Pioneer Member

Damn nice set man. That finish is seriously starting to become one of my favorite finishes if not my favorite already.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:07 PM

Quote:
thanks for info Trommur...and yes, I meant it in general, so all PDP kick drums made of maple...

Karl
I sorry Karl, If i'm misunderstanding I apologize, but I couldn't help but notice a bit of sarcasm in your reply :( Again, if I'm taking this the wrong way, I'm sorry. It's just that: "thanks for info Trommur..." strook me as a sarcastic answer, I don't know why... :(
Old 12-06-2006, 05:00 AM
Platinum Member

Hey, i have the exact same kit! Getting some coated emperors on toms though. LOVE THE FINESH! You have to agree with me that it looks 87% better in person than with pictures. Im also getting that 16inch tom for christmas and i cant wait. The bass drum is sweet, i was playing when all of a sudden my friend walks in my basement door and says gimme the sticks let me show u how good this thing sounds. So i stood about ten feet away and my jaw dropped...thats how good the sound was. How do you like your snare? Many people say its a peice of crap but, i tuned it pretty good and added some muffleing and it came out nice.
And when i get the 16 inch tom i hope to move the 10 on a stand, the 12 where the 10 was and stick my ride in between where the 12 should be. If this makes any sense : )
Old 12-06-2006, 06:25 AM

I am going to get a PDP kit and I was thinking about the MX. It looks like the best one they have for the price. About 3 weeks ago I started about maybe waiting a while and getting an LX or CX. What do you think?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer625 View Post
I am going to get a PDP kit and I was thinking about the MX. It looks like the best one they have for the price. About 3 weeks ago I started about maybe waiting a while and getting an LX or CX. What do you think?
Drummer625, I've got the CX Series Blue Onyx, and I couldn't be happier, it sounds great, feels great and looks great :D It's your choice but I highly recommend the CX Series

Joe
Old 12-06-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:

Karl
Yeah, at first, I hated it because I was used to my Pearl kick that I had before this one. But one day I was playing and I just listened to the kick for a minute, and now I love it. Its a great kit for the money.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddrummr View Post
Hey, i have the exact same kit! Getting some coated emperors on toms though. LOVE THE FINESH! You have to agree with me that it looks 87% better in person than with pictures. Im also getting that 16inch tom for christmas and i cant wait. The bass drum is sweet, i was playing when all of a sudden my friend walks in my basement door and says gimme the sticks let me show u how good this thing sounds. So i stood about ten feet away and my jaw dropped...thats how good the sound was. How do you like your snare? Many people say its a peice of crap but, i tuned it pretty good and added some muffleing and it came out nice.
And when i get the 16 inch tom i hope to move the 10 on a stand, the 12 where the 10 was and stick my ride in between where the 12 should be. If this makes any sense : )
There is only one drum I hate on this thing and thats the second tom. Just because its depth is weird and keeps me from putting the drums where I want them. I want to get the 8" add on, and move the second tom down as a floor tom. The snare is great. I was a little skeptical at first, because I had only played on metal snares, but this one, WOW!!! On how it looks it person, I think it would be somewhere around 95% better in person. You see the true green mixed with the black. I hated the color green till I saw this kit.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer625 View Post
Dude I would have to say if you got anything other than the PDP EZ you would be doing great. I found a CX the same one that Trommur is talking about for something like $949 on musicians friends' website. If I had the money and the room I would be all over that like white on rice. But like I said, anything with the PDP name on it, your going to be doing good.

Hey thanks for the post guys, makes me feel a lot better about using forums for stuff. Some times people can be a little negative about stuff. Thanks......
Old 12-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
There is only one drum I hate on this thing and thats the second tom. Just because its depth is weird and keeps me from putting the drums where I want them. I want to get the 8" add on, and move the second tom down as a floor tom. The snare is great. I was a little skeptical at first, because I had only played on metal snares, but this one, WOW!!! On how it looks it person, I think it would be somewhere around 95% better in person. You see the true green mixed with the black. I hated the color green till I saw this kit.

Heh im lucky, when your over 6ft tall theres a much bigger range on where your toms can be. And i thought about getting that 8 incher but after i got into a band i found that i was a sucker for low tones and such. What kind of cymbals do you have on that kit? I'm guessing right now the whole sabian xs line because your hats are xs, but who knows what else could be on there, so let me know because im curious. Yea and i just punched in some high numbers on that 87% thing, but it does look [insert proper expletive] good.

Last edited by maddrummr; 12-07-2006 at 06:55 AM. Reason: spelling was never my good subject in school
Old 12-07-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Heh im lucky, when your over 6ft tall theres a much bigger range on where your toms can be. And i thought about getting that 8 incher but after i got into a band i found that i was a sucker for low tones and such. What kind of cymbals do you have on that kit? I'm guessing right now the whole sabian xs line because your hats are xs, but who knows what else could be on there, so let me know because im curious. Yea and i just punched in some high numbers on that 87% thing, but it does look [insert proper expletive] good.
Yeah same here on the 95%. I am over 6 feet tall as well so, I have problems with my knee's hitting everything. Yeah I have xs20's all the way. I am missing a few of them though. I don't have the china (because it sounds like a regular cymbal to me) and the 18" crash/ride. But I love the hats, the 16" crash, and the splash that I have. The 14" crash is ok, but it isn't the sound that I like out of a cymbal. I am trying to get my mother in law to buy me a 12" Wuhan china for CHRISTmas (sorry its something to me that shouldn't be changed no matter who complains about it) but its hard to get the uneducated in the drum to get you something you want.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Silver Member

Very cool finish. That throne looks comfy. Joey
Old 12-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
but its hard to get the uneducated in the drum to get you something you want.
Ohh i agree with you 100% (and the numbers are correct this time). I want to try and upgrade my cymbals within a three year span. It will cost me just over 1000 USD. Its a crazy amount right now since im a high schooler and jobs really dont come easy. My parents think im crazy because my ZBT's sound fine. They do, but i want some pro-line cymbals because i think with the way im playing, i deserve them (not to be cocky but i learned a rock beat it 1 week that took my friend one month). And i think i am finding my personal style of music on drums to i want to put together a cymbal set-up that fits right in.

People just dont understand music unless they are musicians.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Silver Member

That is one of the most coolest finishes I´ve ever seen :)
Old 12-08-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Ohh i agree with you 100% (and the numbers are correct this time). I want to try and upgrade my cymbals within a three year span. It will cost me just over 1000 USD. Its a crazy amount right now since im a high schooler and jobs really dont come easy. My parents think im crazy because my ZBT's sound fine. They do, but i want some pro-line cymbals because i think with the way im playing, i deserve them (not to be cocky but i learned a rock beat it 1 week that took my friend one month). And i think i am finding my personal style of music on drums to i want to put together a cymbal set-up that fits right in.

People just dont understand music unless they are musicians.
man jobs don't come easy when your my age either, I am 26 and been out of work since june. I would like to upgrade my cymbals as well. But it is going to take me till I am like 50 to do that.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
DrummerMom

I have the same mx kit in Emerald fade. Would love to get the 8" tom (Where is the best place to get it?)

Last edited by DrummerMom; 12-09-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerMom View Post
I had the same mx kit in Emerald fade. Would love to get the 8" tom (Where is the best place to get it?)
Well the place I shop at they said they could give it to me for about $150. So I looked on musicians friend and they had it for like $130, so after tax, and shipping it would be about the same. So, because I want it today I would get at my local music shop.

And I had seen your kit before like right after I got mine, and saw that you had the xs20's just like me so.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
man jobs don't come easy when your my age either, I am 26 and been out of work since june. I would like to upgrade my cymbals as well. But it is going to take me till I am like 50 to do that.
Sorry to hear that man, hope you can find a job sometime soon.

And also by my parents rules I have to deposit as much as i spend, so that my money is not "Thrown down the drain". So i have to deposit 1000 bucks in the bank so that i can get 1000 bucks worth of cymbals. I could probably find a crappy car for that money.

No tax on the internet, shipping is free. 140 bucks. Musicians Friend ROCKS.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:32 PM
DrummerMom

Quote:
Well the place I shop at they said they could give it to me for about $150. So I looked on musicians friend and they had it for like $130, so after tax, and shipping it would be about the same. So, because I want it today I would get at my local music shop.

And I had seen your kit before like right after I got mine, and saw that you had the xs20's just like me so.
I have updated my cymbals except for my hi hats.I have a Sabian Hand Hammered 14" thin crash and a Sabian 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride. I also got Evans G2 coated heads and a pdp double pedal. I will post some pictures later today.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 AM

Very nice kit. I am considering of purchasing that kit, perhaps after christmas. But in the pic, it appears you have dampened your drums with 2 studio rings and moongel on each drum?? Or am i just seeing things :)
Old 10-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Silver Member

very very nice kit. Love the choice of heads

Endorsements are hard to come by. Anyone???? :p
Old 10-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Gold Member

Lacquer finish, 7pc, dw quality and sound! $700!?!?!!http:// http://
Heres a few different configurations that I have used.. LOVE having 7 drums! soo versatile! They sound AWESOME!
http://
Old 10-27-2007, 03:34 AM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp4Him View Post
Lacquer finish, 7pc, dw quality and sound! $700!?!?!!
Nice set. Not to get in a debate, but I wouldn't say that PDP is DW quality. Sound might be "close" but the quality is not the same. They definitely aren't the same thing.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Gold Member

Yeah..But the attention to detail and the pro cut bearing edges...I have access to a 5pc dw collector series kit, and YES even these pdps have that dw'esque melodic-ness, and the kick drum... WOW! The quality of these pdps is astounding considering their price! They BLOW away everything in the $500-$800 range out of the water! I have done my research..countless side by side comparison, shell inspection, build quality and SOUND!
Pdp dominates IMO. You are correct, and I won't try to compare custom handmade drums to this kit.. For the money dudes...
Old 10-27-2007, 01:36 PM
DrummerMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew C View Post
Very nice kit. I am considering of purchasing that kit, perhaps after christmas. But in the pic, it appears you have dampened your drums with 2 studio rings and moongel on each drum?? Or am i just seeing things :)
I have that same kit. It is for sale Pictures here
Old 09-21-2008, 04:04 AM

Hey im thinking of getting this kit how do you like it. Oh and how are those aquarian heads?