DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Show us your Premier kits!!

Hey Guys
here's another from my personal collection. There will be more as I work my way through my garage!!
This is other "pride & joy" besides my UJ kits. It's the Limited Edition Premier 75th Anniversary Edition Signia Maple in Black Lacquer with all Maple hoops & Gold Plated lugs. This one is #75 which is very cool. I could never find out exactly how many were made but I think it was either 75 or 150? If anyone knows for sure I would be grateful for the info.
Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

That is a frankly stunning set of drums. Really stunning.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:24 PM

Thanks Man, I appreciate that. I had been trying to get my grubby paws on one for ages then I came across this one for sale on line a couple years ago but didn't have the funds at the time. I was surprised when I contacted the seller last year that she still had it so we made a screaming deal & now it's mine ....... all mine!!!!!
P.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancincrow View Post
Hey Guys
here's another from my personal collection. There will be more as I work my way through my garage!!
This is other "pride & joy" besides my UJ kits. It's the Limited Edition Premier 75th Anniversary Edition Signia Maple in Black Lacquer with all Maple hoops & Gold Plated lugs. This one is #75 which is very cool. I could never find out exactly how many were made but I think it was either 75 or 150? If anyone knows for sure I would be grateful for the info.
Thanks for looking.
Now this is my kind of kit. Classy looking at its best. Those Signia kit with wood hoop have this thing that make you absolutely want them.

My Kit Latest Update
Old 09-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Hey Guys
Thanks for looking.
Wow...that kit is sweet. One of my new favorites for sure!

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Old 09-18-2008, 02:49 PM

Theres gotta be some people here with "premier series" kits?
Im going to invest in the newest version pretty soon, the premier elite. Lush.
Post pics! :)
Old 09-19-2008, 02:59 AM

Premier Artist Fusion, 2000. Lefty world! - All early 70s A Zildjian, except for China and splash. Some wonderful kits here! Anyone have pics of Paul Cook's Union Jack kit from Pistols '96 tour?
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2008, 04:19 AM

For Groove Meister -
I actually have 2 "Premier Series" kits, one is Maple Classic in Silver Sparkle & the other is a Gen X in Burnt Orange Sparkle. I'm hoping to post some pic's of them soon, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
As far as the new "Elite" series goes, where are you getting your kit from? Have you seen or played them yet? They have an awesome new finish available called "Rainforest Sparkle" plus the new ISO mounts are pretty cool too.
Let's see see some more Premier kits on here, it's nice to see what everyone has.
Cheers to all for now.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
For Groove Meister -
I actually have 2 "Premier Series" kits, one is Maple Classic in Silver Sparkle & the other is a Gen X in Burnt Orange Sparkle. I'm hoping to post some pic's of them soon, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
As far as the new "Elite" series goes, where are you getting your kit from? Have you seen or played them yet? They have an awesome new finish available called "Rainforest Sparkle" plus the new ISO mounts are pretty cool too.
Let's see see some more Premier kits on here, it's nice to see what everyone has.
Cheers to all for now.
Hey! cool to hear :) im hoping to order the kit straight from premier to my closest retailer. Custom sizes and all that jazz. Whats the new finish "rainforest sparkle" like? Know where i can see photos? Wasnt overly keen on the new ISO's but im sure they do a better job!

Man, i would really appreciate seeing photos of your kits, especially burnt orange sparkle!!
Please post them soon :)

Ric
Old 09-20-2008, 05:41 PM

Hi again
right now Premier still has contract issues with the new US distributor so as far as I can tell nothing is getting into the U.S. as far as new product goes. However, I have direct contact with the distributor so if you want a kit I may be able to get it for you. If you email me directly - dancincrow@earthlink.net - I can get you more info including pictures of the new finish & detailed info on the kits themselves.
Peter
Old 09-20-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Hi again
right now Premier still has contract issues with the new US distributor so as far as I can tell nothing is getting into the U.S. as far as new product goes. However, I have direct contact with the distributor so if you want a kit I may be able to get it for you. If you email me directly - dancincrow@earthlink.net - I can get you more info including pictures of the new finish & detailed info on the kits themselves.
Peter
emailed you buddy!
Ric
Old 09-21-2008, 04:46 AM

Got it, thanks!! I will email you more info later but in the mean time ..... here's a couple more kits for everyone's interest.
The first is the Premier Series - Gen X shells in Burnt Orange Sparkle. The drum sizes are - 22 x 18 (Virgin) Bass Drum, 10 x 8, 12 x 8 & 14 x 11 rack toms with matching Modern Classic 14 x 5.5 Snare Drum.
Gen X shells are a combination of Birch (2 ply outer) & Maple (2 ply inner) which combine the warmth and tone of Maple with the brighter, direct sound of Birch, a pretty unique sound & great for all styles of playing.
The second kit is an awesome Signia Marquis in Silver Sparkle. Drum sizes are - 22 x 18 (Virgin) Bass Drum, 10 x 8 & 12 x 9 rack toms, 14 x 14 Floor Tom with matching 14 x 5.5 Snare Drum. The Marquis version of the Signia series features all around die cast hoops which are finished in the Premier classic Diamond Chrome, un-matched by anyone.
Hope you all enjoy the pic's, there will be more to follow over the next few weeks.
Cheers to all & let's keep this thread going!!!!
Dancincrow
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2008, 01:58 AM

Helllloooooo?????

Where did everyone go? Have we made contact with every Premier kit owner in the US at this point? Maybe the last 2 kits I put on the site weren't impressive enough to get a response? Damn .... does that mean I have to dive in my garage again & drag out some more?
Come on guys ....... don't be shy ..... show us what ya got!!! Premier drums that is!!
Dancincrow
Old 10-04-2008, 07:03 AM

I like em. I have a similar setup with my Premier kit. I love the two offset toms. It's like a 4 piece, +1 lol.
Question about how you mount the toms though, did the double tom holder fit right into the stand? I can't seem to get mine to do that so I've been using a clamp instead.

I should get some recent pics of my Premier. I'll be getting new heads soon, maybe then..
Old 10-04-2008, 05:16 PM

Yes, I use the 6000 Series RokLok stands which also have the capability of being totally flat to the floor which in tight situations really helps. They're incredibly sturdy & of course the chrome finish is unbeatable.
If you need help ordering anything let me know as I am an Authorized Dealer, however, it may take a while depending on stock with the Distributor.
Would love to see pic's of your kit, as would everyone else I'm sure.
Dancincrow
Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 PM

Here's a Genista 12/14/18 kit that I had for a while:

Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdrums View Post
]
Okay, this is by far my most favorite kit on here
Old 10-11-2008, 05:07 PM

That is a pretty classy looking kit, it's a shame that the original Premier hardware isn't being used however, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks for posting your photo, hopefully others will continue this thread. I'm hoping to post pic's of more kits in from my personal collection in the next few days.
Dancincrow
Old 10-11-2008, 10:10 PM

Alright, here's my Cabria APK, 10, 12, 14, 20 under normal circumstances. This time, however, my Basix set, which is normally at my friend's house for band practice purposes, was at my house. So I added the 16x16 floor tom and the snare stand to have a side snare.
It is very difficult to get a good photo, both lighting and angle-wise in my room, but you get the idea.

Here's a good look at the very different floor toms

A look at my offset toms, with the mounted tambourine between them. I think it's 10", made by Remo

(ignore the mess in the background)

My crappy ride, and my good crash, which is a fairly new addition. My cymbals are 20" Planet Z ride, 18" Sabian Xs medium thin crash, 16" Paiste Pst3 crash, 14" Sabian Xs hats

My side snare

And here are my two snares, both 14 x 5.5

I am definately going to upgrade the heads for my Premier. Probably pinstripes.

But yeah, there it is
Old 10-19-2008, 03:28 AM

Hey Guys
well, I finally dragged another one of my favorites outta the garage. This is a Genista in Ermine Gloss (EG) which has undersize, unsupported, Finnish Birch shells which sound amazing. The sizes are - 24x18 BD, 10x8, 12x10, 13x11, 14x12, Rack Toms, 16x16 & 18x16 Floor Toms with a matching 14x7 Snare. All the stands are Premier 6000 series. You won't find better sounding Birch drums anywhere, it's a shame they stopped making this series but then the new ones are pretty cool too.
Cheers until next time.
Dancincrow
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2008, 07:27 AM

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=4972390

Premier Artist Maple w/ a Signia 75th Anniversary black snare. Yes I would kill to get the rest of THAT kit....

Last edited by Jim 51574; 10-20-2008 at 07:29 AM. Reason: more info
Old 11-19-2008, 02:17 AM

Any Soundwave kits out there?
Old 11-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member

Premier Elite (late 70s) in Antique White wrap. 3-ply maple shells with reinforcing rings. 13/16/22 w/steel 14" snare.
Attached Images

My kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44195
Old 11-19-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktors View Post
My resonators..
Awesome, is that a Coloursound I see at the top right? How does it sound?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:33 AM

Nice kits guys!!! The White Elite is pretty awesome looking. Now, what would be really cool is if you put all Die Cast rims on them, not only would it look even sharper but it would really bring out the full maple sound.
What kind of Snare is that on the Resonators? It looks like it may be a Signia judging by the top rim?
Nice job & thanks for adding your pic's for all to see.
Dancincrow
Old 12-02-2008, 07:24 AM

Hey everybody!

My name is Cristian a.k.a sonrisa, and i want to show you my xpk. I know it's not a top of the line premier, but for me, is the most incredible drum, the one that understand me and bring me full joy whem im in my rehearsal room.

By the way sorry 4 the english, i'm working on it.

If you dont found the sound, Grab the hammer and the lathe!!!!!!

I hope you like it, and soon i will post pics of the process of reducing the deep of the 10" 12" toms...(working on it)

Cheers from Chile, South America
Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Aggressivec

Hey guys, I really want a premier kit. What line do you reccomend and where can I buy them? Thank!

-Connor
Old 12-03-2008, 01:53 PM

Hey Guz! Yes, It is a ColorSound5, it sounds quite good, but doesn't blend too well with other cymbals. It is a unique, little dryer crash sound, and i should be used along with other CS5's.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:11 PM

Hey guys - newbie to the forum here - great pics of really nice sets! I hope to soon post pics of my Premier Soundwave kit I got in the early 80's. I just put all new Evans heads on and am loving it! I went FAR too long without replacing the skins...most of them were still the original Premier heads, if you can believe it!!! Anyhow, I look forward to sharing my Premier drums with you soon!
You can see my set in a couple of my youtube posts, with the heads still on that I just replaced...still pics will give much better idea of what the set looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jon325
Just got a clip up with the new heads on - crappy mic though, so can't really hear the full effect of the new heads.
Cheers!

Last edited by jmartin325; 12-18-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:37 PM

OK - as promised - my baby, with all new Evans heads, except on Bass, which is getting an Evans EMAD 2 later this week (hoping to keep the Premier OEM reso on the front)...I've had her for 26 wonderful years (since Christmas of '82 - I was 12, didn't care what model it was back then, just cared that I finally had a drum set!). :-)
Nearly certain she's a Soundwave SL1 (please someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Toms 13"/14"/16" (EC2 clears on top, G1 clear on bottom)
Bass 22" (Soon to have EMAD 2 batter)
Snare - 14" Premier 35 (Power Center Reverse Dot)
Attached Images

Last edited by jmartin325; 12-17-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
So here's one of mine :-) Well ..... it's actually 2 kits. These are Limited Edition Union Jack Wrap Artist Maples from the late 90's.
I sold 1 of them but have since picked up the newer "Birch" version form 2006 with the Genista style lugs ..... pretty sweet, you can see a photo of it on Mike Dolbears site from the 2006 NAMM show.
Hi there, What a beautiful pair of kits! I have just purchased a premier union jack kit. I am just starting out and wondered what skins and symbols etc I sould get before I start the my long journey!

Many thanks

Chad
Old 01-14-2009, 05:07 PM

this is my premier cabria xpk
in atlantic blue it's niceee!lol x)

KIT:
premier cabria xpk atlantic blue
22-18 kick
16-16 floor tom
14-14 floor tom
12-9 tom tom
14-5.5 snare
CYMBALS:
paiste pst3
14" hats
14" crash
16" crash
20" ride
HARDWARE:
iron cobra powerglide double pedal
premier and gibraltar stands

(\_/)
(O.o)
(><)
MOOSE IS HERE!!!

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=48228

Last edited by elliotdrummer7227; 01-18-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:07 AM

Hi Chad
Congrat's on your UJ kit purchase, where did you get it from? Can you post a photo of it? I would be curious to see it.
Cheers
Dancincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad View Post
Hi there, What a beautiful pair of kits! I have just purchased a premier union jack kit. I am just starting out and wondered what skins and symbols etc I sould get before I start the my long journey!

Many thanks

Chad
Old 01-19-2009, 04:09 AM

Hi Connor
I have several Premier Kits for Sale depending on your budget I can probably fill your needs.
Let me know what you're looking for.
Dancincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressivec View Post
Hey guys, I really want a premier kit. What line do you reccomend and where can I buy them? Thank!

-Connor
Old 01-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks!!! The Artist Maple Series was probably one of the most under rated kits out there which is unfortunate. The guy I sold 1 of the UJ kits to, who lives in Canada, has done nothing but RAVE about how the Toms sound & how easy they are to tune.
It's really nice to see that there are still people out there who appreciate Premier despite the way they are (or should I say .... are not) running their business these days, especially when it comes to setting up a new U.S. Distributor ....... such a shame!!! There has been, & continues to be, much frustration here in the U.S. that they don't seem to care about the customers over here who remain loyal to them .... though how long will that last?
I'm wondering if Premeir is nearly out of business.

They had one little kit at NAMM, and nothing else. I barely even noticed they were there. Every time they come up with a good selling kit, they discontinue it and do a 180. Not a great way to run a company.

Here is an older picture of my Signia kit.
10, 12, 14 toms, 16 floor tom, two 18X22 bass drums.
I've since added an 8" tom and 18" floor tom, just because wanted to get them before they became really rare. I need to take a picture of the whole thing!
But truth is, I've almost always just used it as a 5pc on live gigs.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Hi all
that's a question I'm hearing a lot lately. I met with the guys at Premier at their new offices just outside of Leicester (UK) a few weeks back in December. Of course the current state of the economy is World Wide & certainly affecting everyone in the UK too. However, Premier is doing well & still strong, especially in the UK & Europe. Their plans for a comeback to the US are a bit hazy so don't hold your breathe quite yet though it's most certainly not out of the question. I did get to see their new range of Top of the line drums which are amazing. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything & I will try to assist you.
Cheers.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:25 AM
trkdrmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
I'm wondering if Premeir is nearly out of business.

Here is an older picture of my Signia kit.
10, 12, 14 toms, 16 floor tom, two 18X22 bass drums.
I've since added an 8" tom and 18" floor tom, just because wanted to get them before they became really rare. I need to take a picture of the whole thing!
But truth is, I've almost always just used it as a 5pc on live gigs.

Very nice!!!
Of everything I have ever seen from the company, the Signia is my favorite. They look elegant, yet gutsy. They would look at home in any style because of the design. APK/XPK are nice also. These three models look well crafted.

I'd like to hear a kit built with eucalyptus like they did at one point.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdrums View Post

Man I love that kit!! That is a very sweet looking kit. I'm a sucker for green finishes. Great kit, I would hold on to that one!!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:09 PM

heres my apk from the mid 90's
im selling it though im afraid. nice kit.

ones on its side though :(
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 PM

This is my Premier Resonator kit from the 80's. :D The cymbals are quite dirty and dusty ;)

/ William