DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-29-2008, 06:24 PM
drumeyers13 drumeyers13 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11
Default What is the best type of double pedal?

I currently have a pacific double pedal, and am looking to reinvest.

If everyone could post what they think is the best based on experience preferably, so that I can get an idea of what I should look for.

Price isn't to big of a deal, since I plan on checking out ebay and what not.

Basically, a general consensus so I can avoid making a bad purchase.

-Thanks folks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-29-2008, 06:27 PM
nacdrummer3's Avatar
nacdrummer3 nacdrummer3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: scarbs
Posts: 72
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

Well it is entirely based on peference. As is everything when buying drums.

But for me i have iron cobras which are alright but are heavy and alright for rock drumming, bu ti play metal and i dont really like them. Thats why this weekend im going to go put an order out for the axis A series longboard pedals. They are so light, and adjust in so many ways and the direct linkage form the pedal to the beater feels so smooth and nice. Its much more responsive which is good for fast tempo double bassing
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 PM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Florida's West Coast
Posts: 15,647
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

There are eleven hundred and eleventy teen posts on bass drum pedals already. There could be a whole webpage on pedals. Check the other posts on this page for all of them.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-29-2008, 08:20 PM
tbmills's Avatar
tbmills tbmills is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: echo park, LA, CA
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacdrummer3 View Post
Well it is entirely based on peference. As is everything when buying drums.

But for me i have iron cobras which are alright but are heavy and alright for rock drumming, bu ti play metal and i dont really like them. Thats why this weekend im going to go put an order out for the axis A series longboard pedals. They are so light, and adjust in so many ways and the direct linkage form the pedal to the beater feels so smooth and nice. Its much more responsive which is good for fast tempo double bassing
i also play iron cobras and they feel light to me... very light. i was looking at dw 5000s and iron cobras mainly and the dws felt much heavier and slower.

i played the pacific double pedals for almost 5 years and they were good pedals, but since i bought new pedals i have been playing much better with the kick foot.

what is your budget?


and please use the search bar before posting a new thread on a common topic.
__________________
silver city dead
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 PM
nacdrummer3's Avatar
nacdrummer3 nacdrummer3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: scarbs
Posts: 72
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmills View Post
i also play iron cobras and they feel light to me... very light. i was looking at dw 5000s and iron cobras mainly and the dws felt much heavier and slower.

i played the pacific double pedals for almost 5 years and they were good pedals, but since i bought new pedals i have been playing much better with the kick foot.

what is your budget?


and please use the search bar before posting a new thread on a common topic.
I dont have a buget

I just got a nice fat paycheck plus some irthday money so im not worried about the cost

And yeah its just preference i really like axis
good quality pedal, always has been always will be
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Vipercussionist's Avatar
Vipercussionist Vipercussionist is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rhode Island (USA)
Posts: 742
Default Re: What is the żBEST? type of double pedal?

WHOA!! That's a pretty subjective issue man!!

What's best for ME might not work for YOU at ALL!!

I've landed on using a CAM driven pedal, (I use an Iron Cobra and a DW 5000 accelerator) NOT one with a round sprocket, as the added tension at the END of the stroke of the cam makes it bounce AWAY from the drum head and doesn't give me multiple involuntary notes from laying on the head AFTER kicking a note. Also it provides my playing with a bit more power on impact whereas the round sprocket is even tension throughout the stroke.

While that might make sense to EVERYBODY from a physics point of view, it might not work for YOU a BIT!!

Just my take on the situation.
.
.
__________________
Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperFace
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Vipercussionist's Avatar
Vipercussionist Vipercussionist is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rhode Island (USA)
Posts: 742
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmills View Post
i also play iron cobras and they feel light to me... very light. i was looking at dw 5000s and iron cobras mainly and the dws felt much heavier and slower.
HA HA !! You're gonna think I'm kidding, but I get EXACTLY the opposite!!

TO ME, my DW 5000 feels a lot lighter AND faster than the IC. That's why I say it's such a subjective issue. It's all about how it works for the individual.
.
.
__________________
Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperFace
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-29-2008, 08:45 PM
drumhead61's Avatar
drumhead61 drumhead61 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,143
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumeyers13 View Post
I currently have a pacific double pedal, and am looking to reinvest.

If everyone could post what they think is the best based on experience preferably, so that I can get an idea of what I should look for.

Price isn't to big of a deal, since I plan on checking out ebay and what not.

Basically, a general consensus so I can avoid making a bad purchase.

-Thanks folks.
Is there something that you are not liking about your pacific double pedal? I was looking at buying one...what are you doing with your pacific double?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-2008, 04:22 PM
drumeyers13 drumeyers13 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhead61 View Post
Is there something that you are not liking about your pacific double pedal? I was looking at buying one...what are you doing with your pacific double?
I have had my pacific double pedal for about 5 years.

They are just super flimsy, and they play as if they were poorly constructed. Mine always flop around and adjusting them seems impossible. I just really need to reinvest and get something that is built better, more durable and easier to adjust.

What do I plan on doing with it? I don't really know, probably try to sell it at some point.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Ironcobra's Avatar
Ironcobra Ironcobra is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,209
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

The Trick Pro 1-V is the best pedal on the market.

Does it have the greatest value? No. The Pearl Eliminators and IC's do.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Mikey Dangerous's Avatar
Mikey Dangerous Mikey Dangerous is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 268
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcobra View Post
The Trick Pro 1-V is the best pedal on the market.

Does it have the greatest value? No. The Pearl Eliminators and IC's do.
I would give the "Best Pedal on the Market" Award to the Axis A Longboards.

You're bang-on about the Pearl Elims being the best value though.
__________________
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute (recording); Tama Artstar II Birdseye Maple (live)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Vipercussionist's Avatar
Vipercussionist Vipercussionist is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rhode Island (USA)
Posts: 742
Default Re: What is the best type of double pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Dangerous View Post
I would give the "Best Pedal on the Market" Award to the Axis A Longboards.

You're bang-on about the Pearl Elims being the best value though.
The best pedal on the market is the one that plays best under your feet.

I've played Axis pedals and I just can't stand them. Too bad because their craftsmanship is second to NONE!! It's the best QUALITY pedal on the market, but it's geometry doesn't work for me at all!!

That being said, you had better take more than people's opinions on pedals, you MUST try them. Whether it be friends letting you borrow one to test it out, or see if the store has a return policy BEFORE you buy it. Imagine how much it would suck to pay a multitude of hundreds in cash only to find out you've bought a paperweight!

You might wanna think USED as you can simply re-sell it for what you paid for it on Craigslist or something similar.

I spent a LOT of money on great quality pedals because I didn't understand what it was that made a pedal work for me.
__________________
Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperFace
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com