DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-15-2008, 07:35 PM
-Nirvana- -Nirvana- is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: little town in Canada
Posts: 177
Default Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

Hey
Im a left-handed drummer with a left-handed set-up and im wondering what right-handed pedal you can change into left-handed and im wondering how you do this.
I head it was possible but i know not all of them can do this,

Thanks
Phil..
__________________
Hardcore,Metalcore,Hardcore/punk,punk,death metal are my fav. genres.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-15-2008, 07:49 PM
tbmills's Avatar
tbmills tbmills is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: echo park, LA, CA
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

im a left handed drummer too.
the general rule with double pedals is that they do NOT switch from right to left.
most pedal companies have lefty models. i owned pacific lefty pedals for more than 4 years before buying my new lefty tama iron cobra pedals.

check musicians friend. they have a pretty good selection. i went to my local store and played on the tama iron cobra and dw 5000 righty pedals to decide then ordered them online.

how much are you wanting to spend?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2008, 07:43 PM
-Nirvana- -Nirvana- is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: little town in Canada
Posts: 177
Default Re: Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmills View Post
im a left handed drummer too.
the general rule with double pedals is that they do NOT switch from right to left.
most pedal companies have lefty models. i owned pacific lefty pedals for more than 4 years before buying my new lefty tama iron cobra pedals.

check musicians friend. they have a pretty good selection. i went to my local store and played on the tama iron cobra and dw 5000 righty pedals to decide then ordered them online.

how much are you wanting to spend?
That PDP pedal is the one i was going to get lol
I hate that left-handed pedals are soo hard to find in music stores were i live. Its hard to be a left-handed drummer!
Anywas thanks for your help!

Phil..
__________________
Hardcore,Metalcore,Hardcore/punk,punk,death metal are my fav. genres.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2008, 07:50 PM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,305
Default Re: Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nirvana- View Post
That PDP pedal is the one i was going to get lol
I hate that left-handed pedals are soo hard to find in music stores were i live. Its hard to be a left-handed drummer!
Anywas thanks for your help!

Phil..
Like he said, everybody makes one so it shouldn't be a problem. Any store will order it for you. You cant walk out of the store with one, thats true.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2008, 08:24 PM
tbmills's Avatar
tbmills tbmills is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: echo park, LA, CA
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

pedals are the only exclusively right handed thing on the drum market... so after this your in the clear.

it does suck how there is never a good lefty setup anywhere. the guys up at guitar center let me set one up when i go.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2008, 02:04 AM
-Nirvana- -Nirvana- is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: little town in Canada
Posts: 177
Default Re: Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmills View Post
pedals are the only exclusively right handed thing on the drum market... so after this your in the clear.

it does suck how there is never a good lefty setup anywhere. the guys up at guitar center let me set one up when i go.
REALLY, man i wish i lived in the states and could go there!
__________________
Hardcore,Metalcore,Hardcore/punk,punk,death metal are my fav. genres.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2008, 02:58 AM
harryconway's Avatar
harryconway harryconway is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pasadena, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 9,163
Default Re: Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

Equality for all drummers. The Off-Set and the Sleishman center pedals discriminate neither the right or left handed drummer.
Attached Images
  
__________________
This seat does not recline as per Federal Aviation Regulation 121.310 (f)(3)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-18-2008, 03:03 AM
GetAgrippa GetAgrippa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 337
Default Re: Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

I think all Trick pedals will double pedal anyway????
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-29-2008, 07:52 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,305
Default Re: Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

...You mean left footed drummers... Well, there's the Sleishman. Doesn't matter if your lefty or righty..

(A word of advice: Good idea have a sniffer dog check your pedals out before you play them.. )


Name:  leo chkin hrdware.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  94.6 KB
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-29-2008, 02:57 PM
basscase's Avatar
basscase basscase is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 113
Default Re: Double pedals and left-handed drummers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
Equality for all drummers. The Off-Set and the Sleishman center pedals discriminate neither the right or left handed drummer.
Where do you put your snare stand?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com