DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member

Default Behringer....

my church has a Behringer Powered Mixer, and it pops sometimes....

i dont know what model or anything like that, but is that proned to happening with behringer mixers?
cause they are cheap, and i sure like the prices :p..lol...but i would rather get some nicer if its not worth the money...

i have my opinions on Behringer amps..lol...but i dont know about the mixers.....

and another thing...what about their speakers? isnt it kinda hard to mess up a speaker? so would it be safe buying behringer speakers?

thanks!

Alex
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Old 08-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Behringer....

I own a small behringer mixer, but from what I've heard from other musicians behringer is kind of hit and miss. If your looking for good mixer/speaker equipment, sometimes it's worth to fork out the money for a nice makie board with jbl speakers. Just keep in mind how long you want it to last, and what type of quality you want.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:06 PM

I have a behringer eurodesk 24 tracks mixing console and it is a great tool for a very good price.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
I have a behringer eurodesk 24 tracks mixing console and it is a great tool for a very good price.
I have the 16 channel with the behringer power amp, had to return my first one but have really good luck for 3 years now with the 2nd.

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Old 08-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member

The golden rule of music equipment: you get what you pay for. Cheap PA = cheap electronics => disaster.

I was playing a wedding gig with a borrowed (and cheap) PA last saturday, and wouldjabelieveit, for some odd reason just the tweeters and the subwoofers worked while the middle elements were totally dead. We sounded great that night!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
The golden rule of music equipment: you get what you pay for. Cheap PA = cheap electronics => disaster.

I was playing a wedding gig with a borrowed (and cheap) PA last saturday, and wouldjabelieveit, for some odd reason just the tweeters and the subwoofers worked while the middle elements were totally dead. We sounded great that night!
Behringer make pretty good stuff for the money, given that it's Chinese slave-made, but I have been upgrading. I have paired my JBL EON-15 inch powered speakers with a Mackie board I got on eBay. I sold my little Behringer mixer on Craigslist - it always worked perfectly for me.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Silver Member

I have a little Behringer board to sub mix my drum mics with and I have never had any problems with it. It is 4 years old now. I just installed a Behringer PA at work so my Loading Dock guys can have some tunes. It consist of 3 Behringer speakers with horns and 12's a small behringer board for radio/cd/mp3 players and a cheap amp and so far it is working nicely.