DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-10-2008, 11:27 PM
dizkneelande's Avatar
dizkneelande dizkneelande is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Memphis Tennesee
Posts: 331
Default the New Extreme Album

I just got back from seeing them in Ohio and let me tell you the new stuff rocks! The new drummer is worth checking out as well. He's got bonham written all him. Anyone else going to see them?
__________________
One mans bass drum is another mans floor tom
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2008, 03:22 AM
hawk9290's Avatar
hawk9290 hawk9290 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ/Columbus, OH/Punta Gorda, Fl
Posts: 1,054
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

How the heck did I miss that they were in Ohio???
Oh well, guess I'll see them across the street from my dorm in Tempe in a couple weeks (its also a rock n' roll fantasy camp on tour date, so even more fun to watch)-plus it gets me out of my mandatory campus welcome that isn't actually mandatory.

I just wish his drum set was a little more Bonham sounding, but that falls to the production guys, and its not a modern sound unfortunatley. But still a great band.
__________________
"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe."- Henry Thoreau
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
dizkneelande's Avatar
dizkneelande dizkneelande is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Memphis Tennesee
Posts: 331
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk9290 View Post
How the heck did I miss that they were in Ohio???
Oh well, guess I'll see them across the street from my dorm in Tempe in a couple weeks (its also a rock n' roll fantasy camp on tour date, so even more fun to watch)-plus it gets me out of my mandatory campus welcome that isn't actually mandatory.

I just wish his drum set was a little more Bonham sounding, but that falls to the production guys, and its not a modern sound unfortunatley. But still a great band.
I agree. He's also missing that 18" floor tom and the 26" bass drum. His set does sound nice and thick on the album though. It wasn't as awesome sounding live though but I blame house of blues for that. The only part of rock and roll fantasy camp I enjoyed was when glenn hughs fron deep purple came out and sang. He wailed! Other than that though it was a waste of my time because I wanted to see more of kingsX.
__________________
One mans bass drum is another mans floor tom
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2008, 02:47 AM
hawk9290's Avatar
hawk9290 hawk9290 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ/Columbus, OH/Punta Gorda, Fl
Posts: 1,054
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizkneelande View Post
I agree. He's also missing that 18" floor tom and the 26" bass drum. His set does sound nice and thick on the album though. It wasn't as awesome sounding live though but I blame house of blues for that. The only part of rock and roll fantasy camp I enjoyed was when glenn hughs fron deep purple came out and sang. He wailed! Other than that though it was a waste of my time because I wanted to see more of kingsX.
how long did the extreme and kings x sets run?
__________________
"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe."- Henry Thoreau
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:57 AM
dizkneelande's Avatar
dizkneelande dizkneelande is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Memphis Tennesee
Posts: 331
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

kingsx played almost an hour and extreme played two or so. I was mad!
__________________
One mans bass drum is another mans floor tom
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2008, 07:15 AM
crdirtRider856's Avatar
crdirtRider856 crdirtRider856 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: southern new jersey
Posts: 563
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

I didnt even know these 2 bands were still touring! I d LOVE to see this show! Is Gary Cherone still playin with Extreme?
__________________
Adventure Time with Finn and Jake............
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-13-2008, 04:49 AM
dizkneelande's Avatar
dizkneelande dizkneelande is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Memphis Tennesee
Posts: 331
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 View Post
I didnt even know these 2 bands were still touring! I d LOVE to see this show! Is Gary Cherone still playin with Extreme?
yep! everyone is the same except for the drummer. I think it would have been cool to hear mangini with Extreme again but I think the new drummer fits into the group better.
__________________
One mans bass drum is another mans floor tom
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Bart Hodge Bart Hodge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 165
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

The drummer is from Nuno's old band DramaGods.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-14-2008, 05:43 AM
dizkneelande's Avatar
dizkneelande dizkneelande is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Memphis Tennesee
Posts: 331
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Hodge View Post
The drummer is from Nuno's old band DramaGods.
and pop 1 too. although jeff consi played on a lot of the first album
__________________
One mans bass drum is another mans floor tom
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Muckster's Avatar
Muckster Muckster is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: I'm right behind you.
Posts: 1,756
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 View Post
I didnt even know these 2 bands were still touring! I d LOVE to see this show! Is Gary Cherone still playin with Extreme?
Yeah, the best day in Gary Cherone's career was the day he joined Van Halen and the day he left.
__________________
Max Roach did it, Elvin Jones did it, but Roy Haynes didit and didit and didit.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-15-2008, 01:30 AM
dizkneelande's Avatar
dizkneelande dizkneelande is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Memphis Tennesee
Posts: 331
Default Re: the New Extreme Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckster View Post
Yeah, the best day in Gary Cherone's career was the day he joined Van Halen and the day he left.
so glad he left. ugh. Him and nuno sound much better together.
__________________
One mans bass drum is another mans floor tom
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com