DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 05-18-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Brooks Wackerman

What do you think about him?
I bought the DVD "Bad Religion live at Palladium" and he is so incredible, he play the old song like American Jesus with too much intensity. And the don't forget is own compositions such as "Sinister Rouge" and "Kyoto Now!".

Can you send me the score of the intro of "Sorrow" if you have it?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Brooks Wackerman

hes so freakin' good
his performance on Live at the Palladium is absolutely spectacular, Sinister Rouge was brilliant on it, same with Generator.

all though i was disappointed when i realised i couldnt hear the bass drum through the whole DVD
did you notice that?

Old 07-27-2007, 06:08 PM
petgeh

He is awsome! It's really bad, that the bass drum is too quiet on the DVD, but i really like the sound of his toms.
He also toured with tenacious d.
I'm a huge Bad Religion fan, and some older fans are saying, that live he is not tight enough. I think he is really tight and solid and he is by far the best Bad Religion drummer. I also like that he changes his drum parts and his set up all the time. He hits the drum pretty hard and plays with much energy.
If you want to see more live clips of him go to www.bad-religion.net
If you need sheet music for sorrow: http://www.911tabs.com/link/?3712041
Old 07-28-2007, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petgeh View Post
I'm a huge Bad Religion fan, and some older fans are saying, that live he is not tight enough. I think he is really tight and solid and he is by far the best Bad Religion drummer.
i agree, i dont think there is anyone out there that could of fit into Bad Religion as perfectly as he did. the energy he puts out when he plays is so good.

Everytime i watch him drum it makes me wanna go drum, which is awesome

P.S. he has been by far the tightest drummer for them so far

Old 08-31-2007, 05:29 PM

I think he is one of the most versatile punk rock drummer in the world with Travis Barker and Josh Freese. I saw him live during the warped tour 2007 and during one of the break of "Generator" he played a kind of jazz groove. Just... so... cool!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
hes so freakin' good
his performance on Live at the Palladium is absolutely spectacular, Sinister Rouge was brilliant on it, same with Generator.

all though i was disappointed when i realised i couldnt hear the bass drum through the whole DVD
did you notice that?
That true. The drum sound should be better if we can hear a bit more the kick, but in my DVD concert collection, in think he have the coolest toms sound of all.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:38 AM

he can honestly do anything, its amazing.

i wish i could see Bad Religion live so much, but of course i have to live in Australia and everything is 18+ :(

Old 12-16-2007, 11:09 AM

anyone seen his side-project Hot Potty? they are awesome, it has Tony Palermo drumming in it (drummer for Unwritten Law)

also he is now in a thrash metal band called The Innocent with the Dave Nassie from No Use For a Name.

so theres a bit of an update for you..

looks like he'll be a very busy boy for a while to come

Old 07-10-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RémiPDP/Sabian View Post
I think he is one of the most versatile punk rock drummer in the world with Travis Barker and Josh Freese. I saw him live during the warped tour 2007 and during one of the break of "Generator" he played a kind of jazz groove. Just... so... cool!

Dont forget Derek Grant of Alkaline Trio...he gets very little recognition it seems, but he's amazing drummer too...he's more a groove drummer instead of flash, but dude is awesome.

Re Brooks and BR? I love that band and Brooks is WAY better than any drummer they have had. Finestone, Shayer and the first guy (forget his name) were just your average fast punk drummers...kick/snare/kick kick/snare stuff with lots of fast tom rolls...Brooks brings a real intellelect to the kit.

And check out the lead in to the chorus of "New Dark Ages"...I believe he is doing that tom roll on a floor tom, but I don't see how he does it. I can do that from a rack tom with the snare right next to the tom, but it's seemingly impossible to do that move on a floor tom that's on your right. If someone knows what the heck is going on in that song let me know. :)
Old 12-05-2008, 02:03 AM

Actually I am not familiar w/any of his stuff in the last 15 years. But I actually have a tape of the band he was in at 15 years old which was Bad 4 Good. It was in 1991. A band Steve Vai put together. The guitar player was a 13 year old (student of Steves I believe) the bass player was 14 and the singer was 16 and was the redheaded kid Sam from Different Strokes (an 80's show) and in Terminator 2. It was a very good band. Great players for their age.......or any age really. Brooks' drumming at 15 was pretty damn good. Spot on. Must be a Wackerman trait. I saw them open for Joe Satriani in 1991. Anybody familiar w/this at all?

Mikey B
IM me on MSN @ mikeybbdrummin@hotmail.com
OR Email me @ mikeybbdrummin@yahoo.com
Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybbdrummin View Post
Actually I am not familiar w/any of his stuff in the last 15 years. But I actually have a tape of the band he was in at 15 years old which was Bad 4 Good. It was in 1991. A band Steve Vai put together. The guitar player was a 13 year old (student of Steves I believe) the bass player was 14 and the singer was 16 and was the redheaded kid Sam from Different Strokes (an 80's show) and in Terminator 2. It was a very good band. Great players for their age.......or any age really. Brooks' drumming at 15 was pretty damn good. Spot on. Must be a Wackerman trait. I saw them open for Joe Satriani in 1991. Anybody familiar w/this at all?

I am familiar with Bad4good...too hair metally for me. By 1991 I was sick of the hair spray and puckered up lips. But as you said, as players they were outstanding for their age, but that's all the praise Ill grugingly give that Steve Vai concoction.

Brooks today is sensational. He's sat in for Josh Freese of the Vandals, who is one bad azz mofo drummer.

Last edited by kwolf68; 01-20-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member

I know alot more about his older brother (Chad) than him. I was impressed with his playing ability when I saw him with Tenacious D.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwolf68 View Post
Dont forget Derek Grant of Alkaline Trio...he gets very little recognition it seems, but he's amazing drummer too...he's more a groove drummer instead of flash, but dude is awesome.

Re Brooks and BR? I love that band and Brooks is WAY better than any drummer they have had. Finestone, Shayer and the first guy (forget his name) were just your average fast punk drummers...kick/snare/kick kick/snare stuff with lots of fast tom rolls...Brooks brings a real intellelect to the kit.

And check out the lead in to the chorus of "New Dark Ages"...I believe he is doing that tom roll on a floor tom, but I don't see how he does it. I can do that from a rack tom with the snare right next to the tom, but it's seemingly impossible to do that move on a floor tom that's on your right. If someone knows what the heck is going on in that song let me know. :)
I think it goes like this:

floor tom is paying 8th notes

ss ss ss ss/ ss s ssssssss/
kk kk kk kk /kk kk
Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 PM

I saw recently a video of his new side project, Kidneys where he is the lead singer a the guitarist that's a pretty good punk pop sound. It make me think a bit at the vandals
Old 12-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybbdrummin View Post
I saw Bad 4 Good open for Satriani too.

Brooks Wackerman was so good that night, I almost puked and gave up drumming right there. I couldn't believe how well this 15 yr old kid was playing.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 PM

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...id=19936452418