DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Drumsword's Avatar
Drumsword Drumsword is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,381
Default I have my own roadies

New pics of my new roadies, They still have to be trained though. But in about 15 years they'll have it. The little roasie was Born thursday at 11:45 pm.
Attached Images
  
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/peteholman1

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-30-2008, 04:34 PM
asht89's Avatar
asht89 asht89 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK - Chester
Posts: 245
Default Re: I have my own roadies

aww, congratulations. Im sure they will both be drumming soon enough, never mind roadie'ing :)
__________________
My Kit

My Band
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
frank0072's Avatar
frank0072 frank0072 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,169
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Wow! Congrats! I've just heard I became uncle for the first time, we're going to see the little Lieke in about an hour... I am exited.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Drumsword's Avatar
Drumsword Drumsword is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank0072 View Post
Wow! Congrats! I've just heard I became uncle for the first time, we're going to see the little Lieke in about an hour... I am exited.
Awesome man, congrats right back to you!!
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/peteholman1

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2008, 05:54 PM
mind_drummer's Avatar
mind_drummer mind_drummer is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,414
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Congrats Pete

You have a beautiful family. Take good care of the momma because she need some rest now.

You know what, having kid's girl, in about 15 years for now, you'll have to care watch & settle as many as 20 guys that will lurk around your little ladies.
__________________
TAMA - DW - AQUARIAN - SABIAN - ZILDJIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - VATER

My Kit Latest Update
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-30-2008, 06:02 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_drummer View Post
Congrats Pete

You have a beautiful family. Take good care of the momma because she need some rest now.

You know what, having kid's girl, in about 15 years for now, you'll have to care watch & settle as many as 20 guys that will lurk around your little ladies.
I'm assuming your main language is french? It's funny you should say that though, my mum+dad never seemed to have that problem with me (but with girls instead of boys.) wonder why that is.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-30-2008, 06:20 PM
mind_drummer's Avatar
mind_drummer mind_drummer is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,414
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
I'm assuming your main language is french? It's funny you should say that though, my mum+dad never seemed to have that problem with me (but with girls instead of boys.) wonder why that is.
Yes French is my main language, I dont know how my post came out for you but I tried to explain an old phrase that say when you have a baby boy, then when he grow up, you have only to watch one boy but if you have a baby girl then you'll have to watch 10 boys.
__________________
TAMA - DW - AQUARIAN - SABIAN - ZILDJIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - VATER

My Kit Latest Update
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-30-2008, 06:32 PM
tlester tlester is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 18
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Ah... ignorance is bliss. If you only understood the order of things. Here's how it went down in my house. We produced a brand new rodie in 1997. Being a musical household, around 2003, he wanted to learn to play drums. Now it's 2008, he's 11 years old, and I'm now HIS rodie.

You wait. If they end up to be musical kids, you'll end up helping them load and unload, haul the gear around, help them practice and do gigs. However... it's a labor of love and there's NOTHING like seeing your kid take the stage on his own. It's amazing.

Congratulations. Both kids are beautiful and I know you must be proud.

-Tom

PS. My second rodie... now 7 got a new guitar for Christmas. So, even when my 11 year old boy can haul his own drum set, I'll have to start hauling Marshalls. Good side.... I'll have my own rhythm section!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Drumsword's Avatar
Drumsword Drumsword is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlester View Post
Ah... ignorance is bliss. If you only understood the order of things. Here's how it went down in my house. We produced a brand new rodie in 1997. Being a musical household, around 2003, he wanted to learn to play drums. Now it's 2008, he's 11 years old, and I'm now HIS rodie.

You wait. If they end up to be musical kids, you'll end up helping them load and unload, haul the gear around, help them practice and do gigs. However... it's a labor of love and there's NOTHING like seeing your kid take the stage on his own. It's amazing.

Congratulations. Both kids are beautiful and I know you must be proud.

-Tom

PS. My second rodie... now 7 got a new guitar for Christmas. So, even when my 11 year old boy can haul his own drum set, I'll have to start hauling Marshalls. Good side.... I'll have my own rhythm section!

Thats Awesome man, LOL. My 6 yr old has her own set already and has a decent singing voice for a little girl. And yes I am very proud of my girls. I am hoping I can haul instruments around for them, and stand in their shadow so I can say, "That's my girl(s).
My wife helps haul my gear, LOL. Of course I have to help with her horses.

And Michel, yes I am aware of that boy factor, I realise I have to now stay at the gym another 18 years Minimum...lOl.
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/peteholman1

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 AM
junglelord's Avatar
junglelord junglelord is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 482
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Wonderful, did you know about child labour laws....
LOL
PS
be careful, next thing you know your a grandfather.
Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 AM
katman's Avatar
katman katman is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 574
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Congratulations man. My first is due in two weeks' time.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Drumsword's Avatar
Drumsword Drumsword is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: I have my own roadies

Quote:
Originally Posted by katman View Post
Congratulations man. My first is due in two weeks' time.
Awesome man, There is No feeling like holding your child for the first time, I cried like a baby with both of mine. And your heart breaks everytime they cry out in pain, Like a shot or finger prick in the nursery. Enjoy them man.


[/quote] Wonderful, did you know about child labour laws....
LOL
PS
be careful, next thing you know your a grandfather.
Cheers [/quote]

NOW ya tell me!!!! LOL, And the grandfather thing? Both their first b/f's are going to be hung froma tree in the front yard as examples to all the rest... ;)
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/peteholman1

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com