DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-29-2008, 11:52 AM

Default Audix Mic Kits

I have decided i want to mic my drum kit. I have come across some Audix mic kits. I am a bit interested in the Fusion 7 pce kit.They seem very well priced, some kits even come with the cables. Another kit is the Audix DP-7 pce kit with cables.This kit is about twice the price but still reasonable. Has anyone had expirience with these kits and how do they compare to shure kits? I do not require high end pro kits.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Audix Mic Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Bloomer View Post
I have decided i want to mic my drum kit. I have come across some Audix mic kits. I am a bit interested in the Fusion 7 pce kit.They seem very well priced, some kits even come with the cables. Another kit is the Audix DP-7 pce kit with cables.This kit is about twice the price but still reasonable. Has anyone had expirience with these kits and how do they compare to shure kits? I do not require high end pro kits.
I would definitely go for the DP-7. I have years of experience working with the D-series mics. I would definitely choose them over the shure mics, but realize that they are "EQ'd" for drums. If you're going to use them for miking guitar cabs, live vocals, etc. then I'd advise going with the shures. The I-5 mic is their attempt to replace the SM-57. I haven't tried it out yet, but will soon...

My kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44195
Old 06-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Audix Mic Kits

The DP7 is a fantastic kit, it has some of the best mics in the industry, but is it worth $900?

The question is what will you be using these for? If you're just playing around at home, making youtube videos and what not, take the Fusion pack. If you're serious at all, grab the DP7 pack because it's a very reasonable price. If you were to buy these mics separately, it would cost you $1200, just for the mics, no clips or case.