DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 AM

Default My Yamaha's

Both kits are Absolute Birch Nouveau. The yellow sparkle fade kit I gig with. It looks fantastic under the lights. The red pearl natural kit is fairly new. they both sound fantastic! i've always preferred birch. I'd buy a new kit a month if I could. The photo of the snare is a circa (bought) 97 maple performance custom drum. I think that was yamaha's first stab at custom drums, which is to say they offered more colour options. Added wood hoops to the whole kit but just sold the kit, kept the all the maple hoops, and of course the snare drum. It was my first kit. Anyway, here are some pics.

Sizes.
yellow sparkle fade - all universal size 10,12,14 mounted toms, 15 floor. 22 bass, 13 snare.
red pearl natural - 8x7,10x8,12x8,mounted, 14x14, 16x14 floor toms, 22x18 bass, 13 maple snare.

All hardware yamaha
all cymbals zildjian various types.
oh, I've also got a roland handsonic in the corner not pictured. that I never use. ha

Um, what else? that'll about do it. Love yamaha drums. They always made good stuff, but finally (past 10 years) started to produce a more marketable product. And when I say marketable I don't mean quality I mean variety. Anyway, I've always played em, and they have always pleased me. I'm about to throw evans ec1 heads on the red pearl natural kit. we'll see how that goes.

Cheers,

Scott
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: My Yamaha's

Wow,

Talk about an amazing looking sparkle.

Man, that is insane.

Beautiful is the only thing I can say.

Mike
Old 06-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Silver Member

O my.. thats a damn fine combination of stuff.

And that snare... is that a 13?

Wont sell?

:P
Old 06-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Silver Member

Very, very nice.

How cool to have Birch Custom gigging and studio kits. Both the sparkle and the natural/pearl finishes look amazing.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:01 AM

Fantastic looking drums. You are obviously a man of excellent taste. I'm partial to Yamaha myself.

Wayne
Old 06-27-2008, 03:36 PM

Are both these kits not on ebay? The yellow for sure...why are you selling?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member

man....very nice!

Yamaha makes very nice drums! and beautiful! that sparkle kit if stunning!

i love mine!

Alex
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Old 06-27-2008, 05:21 PM

I have a yellow sparkle fade kit ,smaller sizes. Wondered if you could share any experience about head choices?
Thanks
tracer
Old 06-27-2008, 10:33 PM

I dove love my drums, and i appreciate that there is a site where i can see and share drum stuff.Especially yamaha. i've seen some really nice kits on this site, and had some questions answered too. so kudos to the person that set it up.

quick answers to replies. thanks for the comments.

1 - neither kit is on ebay. yellow sparkle fade maybe one day. I'm ready for a diff sparkle, I would LOVE to see better pics of the colour options for yamaha than what they have on their website. I've seen some on this site, so that's cool. anyway, they really do shine under the lights. I've had nothing but compliments on em. visually and sounding.
2 - the maple custom snare with wood hopes is 14' drum. snare not for sell. I'm pretty sure that's the one thing i'll never sell. i just dig it too much.
3 - Head choice for the birch drums. - something I've been trying to find the "prefect" head for em. Everyone knows a lot depends on the environment you're playing em in. Soooo with that said.... I've honestly had no problems with either clear or coated ambassadors. They both sound very good for their respective qualities. (diplomats on resonate head). I happen to love the evans coated reverse dot for damn near any snare. The birch drums (toms) are super easy to tune. Ironically they sound good so fast sometimes i've dented heads cause I just didn't have it tensioned just right. I'm about to place evans EC1 clear on them. I've read a lot of folks like a thicker head on their birch drums. I think this may be a nice middle ground. I'll let ya know. I'm putting them on tonight and we'll play a lot tomorrow.

Thanks again.