DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 06-14-2008, 05:49 AM

Default my new mapex m birch set (pics)

Just bought this today from forks drum closet down here in nashville. got a great deal from them. sizes are 12x9 tom tom 14x14 and a 16x16 floor tom 22x18 bass 5.5x14 snare. stock heads are insanly hard to tune lol. planning on throwing some ec2's on here soon.

vintage zildjian 22 inch A ping ride,
Meinl byzance 10 inch splash
Sabian AAXplosion 14 and 16
Sabian AAX mini china 14 inch
Zildjian A custom 14 inch hats.
Iron cobra power glide double.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: my new mapex m birch set (pics)

Aaaaaaah!!!!! Is that really tape ACROSS THE DRUMHEAD???? Now I know that stock heads leave something to be desired, but even they don't deserve that. Please don't tell me you're gonna do that when you get new heads. You might as well be playing on cardboard boxes.

OK, that aside... looks like a great new kit you got here. Pretty comfortable sizes, too. What cymbals are you using?
Old 06-14-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself View Post
Aaaaaaah!!!!! Is that really tape ACROSS THE DRUMHEAD???? Now I know that stock heads leave something to be desired, but even they don't deserve that. Please don't tell me you're gonna do that when you get new heads. You might as well be playing on cardboard boxes.

OK, that aside... looks like a great new kit you got here. Pretty comfortable sizes, too. What cymbals are you using?
No lol im not going to do that to the new heads. the cymbals im using are posted underneath the picture lol. the tape was neeeded trust me. i tried for at least an hour tunning the heads....impossible without getting unwanted overtones. im thinking about putting on EC2 or EC2 coated? any ideas? the snare has a evans genera hd dry head, it sounds reallly good.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Silver Member

Great looking kit. I like the Black Forest Sapphire finish, too. The finishes by Mapex are their best quality and that's saying a great deal. I like your cymbal choices, too. More pictures! We can never have enough.

I have an M Birch myself and have had great experiences with two types of heads. I had Evans Coated G2s over Coated G1s with an EMAD2 and EC Reverse Dot on snare. The toms were very warm and I was able to tune them to a surprisingly low range. I now have Aquarian Super2s on the toms and SKII with Texture Coated Power Dot on snare. The snare head is fantastic! The best I've tried. My pics have the Hi Energy which is cool but not incredibly versatile.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Press here for my drums
"No one has bought his last drum."

Last edited by TenPastTen; 06-21-2008 at 07:40 PM.