DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Pioneer Member

Default This is what happens when you go into the music store looking to pick up some sticks.

I go into my music store, looking to buy some sticks when I came across this thing. Signed and used by Steve Jordan in a clinic that he did here in Vancouver last year. The thing sounds amazing, never heard a better snare. The thing cost me 650 bucks but I couldn't care less.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: This is what happens when you go into the music store looking to pick up some sti

Wow. I wish that happened to me whenever I bought sticks! Or... do I? Either way looks great. Must be real nice and poppy.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: This is what happens when you go into the music store looking to pick up some sti

Great score. What a beauty. Which shop rendezvous_drummer? I was out picking up some of the last of my hard to find Canadian made maple sticks today and came acoss an AMAZING deal on a very nice comforable well made drum stool on special for DIRT CHEAP at L+M.

This far exceeds my purchasing today though:} Have fun!

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan
Old 06-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Gold Member

Don't you just hate that.

You get to the drum store, and all of a sudden, instead of walking to the counter to get your sticks and leave, you start hearing those terrible voices in your head. And you know the voices aren't real....... or are they?

All of a sudden they ask you to "just look at me", "come tap on me", "listen to me". Then you tap it, and you start to feel weak in the knees.

Please Mr., don't leave me hear at this place all alone. I need a better place to stay. I don't take up much room and I will behave.

Then, you say, "man, I just have to get this xxxxxx. I simply cannot live without it. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

It will only take me xxxx amount of paychecks to pay off the debt. I will just not eat lunch out for the next month.

SERIOUSLY, what a beauty that is. Congrats.

Wear earplugs the next time you go to pick up sticks. Or, hire a stranger outside of the store (like we did as kids when we wanted alcohol) and send them in to buy the sticks and pay them a couple of bucks. In the long run, you will save cash. Most importantly, you will no longer hear those voices.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
Great score. What a beauty. Which shop rendezvous_drummer? I was out picking up some of the last of my hard to find Canadian made maple sticks today and came acoss an AMAZING deal on a very nice comforable well made drum stool on special for DIRT CHEAP at L+M.

This far exceeds my purchasing today though:} Have fun!
This was at the L+M on Terminal, the new store in Vancouver. I work at the L+M in Surrey so if you're ever in the area drop in!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer View Post
This was at the L+M on Terminal, the new store in Vancouver. I work at the L+M in Surrey so if you're ever in the area drop in!
Cool same shop today different time. Wonderful new store and drum department!

Certainly will on point #2 rendezvous_drummer and enjoy your new "treasure"..

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Platinum Member

You absolutely HAVE to describe what this snare sounds/feels like. I've had my eye on it for over a year.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member

Ah, the Steve Jordan snare. Good choice! That drum sounds nice and tight--good backbeat snare.

My music store accident involves another Yamaha snare. I went to look for heads and found a new Roy Haynes Signature hammered copper snare for $400. Trying to figure out if I should get it. I was eyeing a Ludwig Bronze hammered snare, but those go for at least $500, if not more. The Haynes snare is usually in the $500 range, so I think this might be a steal of a price.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:34 AM
KARL MEMBER

What a snare. Really has a nice crack!
Good buy I`d say. =)

Do you plan to put wood hoops on? This would really be the icing on the cake...

Nice!

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member

I would also like to hear a description of what it sounds like. What are the dimensions?

My question is, why was the snare sitting around for a year?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:09 PM

Dude! That's what happened to me once too! I was actually going to get a glove but actually got a new splash instead! haha... Anyways, nice snare you got there! Any recording?
Old 06-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Platinum Member

Kid in a candy store, what do you expect?

Very cool!
Misc. Snares
My Web Site