DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 PM
SickRick

Default Sellaband.com

I really don't know where to put this thread, so I just post it here....

Anyway, today I learned about this website called www.sellaband.com which seems to be a really good idea. You can create a profil of your band there and try to find as many people who believe in you as possible. Its just like any other social networking site... except....

People can actually buy parts of your band for 10$ for each part. As soon as the band has sold 5000 parts (which is a lot and equaly 50.000$), the website gets the band in touch with high class A&Rs and Producers and a high class studio and alltogether from the money gained the band produces a record. Now the good thing is:

Everbdoy who has bought a part from that band gets a record for free (well... for the 10$ you invested). and later for the latter record sales, the believers get payed a share. Also, believers get a share of the advertising income the site creates. So in other words - people can support bands they like and actually make some money with these bands if the bands make it to the 50k.

And if you don't believe in the band any longer, you can stop believing and you get your money back.

Great idea I think!

Hehehe.... to make some advertising: Of course I've set up a profile for my band and I hope to find as many believers as possible. So if you believe in my band, go to www.sellaband.com and support us! Hopefully, one lucky day you'll receive an exclusive Copy ouf our first record! You can check out my band by clicking on the link in my sig.

Check that place out guys, I think its great!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Sellaband.com

what a genious idea!
thanks for the info!