DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-29-2008, 10:52 PM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Great resos for poplar shells

hey all, as most of you know, i own a stagestar like pasquini

and im getting really frustrated with not getting the sound i want out of my toms.

im pretty sure its not my current heads (g2's) so it must be the resonant heads


theyre still stock. anyone have any personal experience of reso heads with poplar shells? results and such?

thanks for your time

Dom
__________________
Howard Roark is my main man.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-30-2008, 01:24 AM
harryconway's Avatar
harryconway harryconway is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pasadena, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 9,110
Default Re: Great resos for poplar shells

You can read reviews of the Tama Stagestar here: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...3&src=3SOSWXXA What sound are you trying to achieve? First off, get rid of the "factory" resos. Single ply heads should give you good results under G2's. Remember the limitations of the kit you have. Chasing a recorded sound is "slippery" enough, with all the studio voodoo involved.
__________________
This seat does not recline as per Federal Aviation Regulation 121.310 (f)(3)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2008, 02:07 AM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Great resos for poplar shells

thanks harry ill read up on it
__________________
Howard Roark is my main man.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
drumtechdad's Avatar
drumtechdad drumtechdad is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anytown, USA
Posts: 1,107
Default Re: Great resos for poplar shells

99% of drummers use 10-mil single-ply clear heads such as Remo Ambassadors or Evans G1s as resos. The other 1% are split between Diplomat-weight and coated. ;-)

By all means, ditch the stock resos. Any quality 10-mil single-ply clear will probably sound like a great improvement.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2008, 10:04 PM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Great resos for poplar shells

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumtechdad View Post
99% of drummers use 10-mil single-ply clear heads such as Remo Ambassadors or Evans G1s as resos. The other 1% are split between Diplomat-weight and coated. ;-)

By all means, ditch the stock resos. Any quality 10-mil single-ply clear will probably sound like a great improvement.
thanks guys, your feedback is much apreciated
__________________
Howard Roark is my main man.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 PM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Great resos for poplar shells

ok so im going to go with ambassadors i think as resos


any other suggestions before i make my purchase?
__________________
Howard Roark is my main man.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com