DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-27-2008, 01:08 AM

Default Will it really make a differance....

Ok right now i still have my first double bass pedal and its pretty good. I was just wondering if upgrading my pedal would help my speed and maybe control(dont need it). Right now i have an Iron Cobra Jr. Twin Pedal and i was wondering if upgrading to a Pearl Powershifter Eliminator or even an Axis X2 double pedal would help.

Right now im pretty much maxing out the speed on my Iron Cobra and its annoying and i feel like im being held back. Also i was wondering if getting the chain or strap drive makes a difference. It just feels like the Iron Cobra is to slow and i know its not just me because i have played on other pedals and i do go faster.

In my opinion, my Iron Cobra wobles to much also and i have to hold my pedals in with stuff to minimize wobble so please tell me what you guys think.I do know the Iron Cobra Jr. is more a begginer pedal... if you cant tell i pretty much play fast deathcore
Old 04-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Will it really make a differance....

I think maybe you already answered your own question, if there are other pedals that you can play faster with and you know that then maybe the one you have just isn't the right one for you. The strap dive will change the feel of the pedal. Axis is all together a different animal and with the direct drive system takes some getting used to, some like it others don't. You'd have to get your feet on them and really give them a good test drive.

Have you played around with spring tension and adjustments on your pedal now?
Old 04-27-2008, 04:55 AM

yea i change my pedal up so much trying to get the most out of it. i bought this pedal when drums and music wasnt my life so i didnt want to spend much. but yes i change the spring tension and many other things. mine doesnt have many agustments but yea
Old 04-27-2008, 05:58 AM
Administrator

I would ask, How long have you had the current pedal? And is it not of good enough quality to keep up with you, if you know what I mean. If you have had it for a while, and its just not doing the job, and you have progressed greatly then maybe a new pedal. But don't expect oit to change your style or technique over night
Old 04-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member

Ive often wondered if a pedal change would make a huge difference in my playing too. My dad always tells me that it wont work so i dont know. He's played all his life.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorx View Post
Ive often wondered if a pedal change would make a huge difference in my playing too. My dad always tells me that it wont work so i dont know. He's played all his life.
Actually I believe it can, finding the correct pedal can make a world of difference in your playing and make it allot more effortless.