DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-17-2008, 12:52 PM

Default TD-6 Drum module and cubase

Hi My names Balix!
Im having a little bit of trouble running my Td-6 through cubase ! grr
firstly how do i sort out the latency / delay of my drum sounds coming through cubase? i mean when i hit the pad i hear it in my phones that are in my drum module then a sec later ill hear it come through cubase....any ideas??
the second problem ive got is i cant record the actuall sounds that are coming from my module. I have to record then it places the notes on cubase ... after that if i press play it doesnt play unless i set up a drum map but the what i recorded plays back on the crapy cubase kit... anybody that can help will be praised!! lol

sorry if none of this makes not much sense atall, i am very new to producing and remember im just a DRUMMER
Old 04-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: TD-6 Drum module and cubase

well, you must be using the midi output...
the TD-6 does not have an easy way to get each drum mapped to a different track and still use the module's sounds. You can either use the midi port as you are doing, and then use whatever sounds are in your software; as you said, Cubase is rather lackluster for that- however there is some great sampling software out there if your willing to pay.
The other option is to record it from the two 1/4" outputs- but then it only gives you two drum tracks to work with.

The only way to get individual tracks for each drum, using the same sound as the module is as follows:
Step 1: Record the drums via midi onto your computer
Step 2: Use the midi out on your computer to send EACH INDIVIDUAL midi drum track back to the module, one at a time.
Step 3: For every single individual drum track, you then play it back through the module and record it via the 1/4" outputs into your computer again.
This takes forever and is a bit confusing, but it works if needed. My suggestion though is go get some software like Drum-a-gog or Battery 3