DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-16-2008, 12:13 PM

Default How does double pedal work FEEL on electronic kits.

How does double bass work feel on TD3 kit?

Ive re-submitted the thread because i think the previous title people thought i was just waffling about my new buy, where the little preview shows. Gotta be some of you out there using double pedals on electric kits?

Hey folks. Just bagged myslef a Roland TD3 off ebay for 525 with an extra cymbal pad and a mapex single pedal. Think that was a good deal?!

Anyway. My main point. I bought this bad boy so i can do recordings. I record the MIDI and then use the drum kit from hell plug in. You can hear some of the recordings here: www.myspace.com/wearetheendmusic
Just been borrowing an electronic kit so far.
I will however be playing bits and bobs of double bass, which you can hear in these recordings ^^^^^^
How does it fair on the rubber kick pad? The one i used before was on one of the more expensive mesh pads and to be honest i thought the feel of the mesh for double bass was not comfortable for me personally.
I use a danmar kick pad on my acoustic kit so am quite use to a "solid" feel for pedals?

Any thoughts folks?

P.S. Ive also been thinking about using the trigger aspect and maybe getting some ddrum triggers. How do people find this? Would the module store samples i.e. the drum kit form hell ones or would i just be able to trigger what is already on there?!

Thanks in advance guys and gals. I know there is a few of you out there with brains full of lovely drum knowledge!! =]
Old 04-16-2008, 03:35 PM

Default Re: How does double pedal work FEEL on electronic kits.

i started drumming and bought an ekit td-3 recently. personally, i don't find it any different than when i would db an acoustic bass drum. maybe more rebound is involved.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:49 PM

Any double bass pedal works perfectly on all the Roland bass drum trigger pads, and feel great - the mesh ones have to be loosened off slightly otherwise they could double trigger, they're usually ok when you get used to them.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Platinum Member

I personally prefer the feel of a kick trigger (KD-7 or Pintech Ergo rather than the larger upright kick pads. My pedals. Single bass, I use a Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct Drive. Double bass, I use the Off-Set center pedal system. Just like an acoustic kick, you can get different "feels" depending on how you set up your pedal. A soft felt beater, hard felt beater, plastic, wood or combo, are all gonna feel different. Especially in the "rebound" department. Both type pedals I use have enough adjustability built into them that I don't need to use special inverted beaters. That means any of the ordinary straight type beaters I have are candidates, and I have quite a few different types I've collected over the years.