DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-05-2008, 10:11 PM

Default Electronics

For those who use them, i'm interested to know your recommendations for an electronic set?
I have a student who wants one for practicing at home etc and is willing to go up to 1000.00.
Looking forward to your opinions.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Electronics

Well it depends on what you plan to do with it. I have a Roland TD-3W kit and I love it! I'm almost 17 and my parents helped me buy it a year ago. It has great sounds and feels great playing it. There are 32 pre-set kits on the module, ranging from a rock house kit, to a jungle kit. I use it to do everything. I practice at home on it all the time, and I also play in my youth praise band at church, and I use that to play with. I'm using it to play in our school talent show as well, so it's a very versatile kit. This summer, however, I'm going to try to save up to purchase a Roland TD-12, simply because it has a broader range of sounds, the snare and toms have mesh heads, and the cabling is inside the rack, with options to add more pads if I want. It's also better for performing live, or so I've heard. But for a student who is just looking to practice pretty quietly at home and maybe a few gigs, I think the Roland TD-3 is a great choice. You can plug it into an amp and play it loudly, or plug in headphones and an mp3 player of your choice and play with your favorite songs. You can't go wrong with any Roland set!