DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 03-21-2008, 12:48 PM

Default just saw ozzy osbourne!

well, not really "just" saw but, 2 days ago.
in melbourne,australia.
was a great show, i really wnated to see black lebel society play, but they didnt end up playing.
great show none the less.
just thought id let oyu guys know.
cheers.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: just saw ozzy osbourne!

Ozzy is a fraud. I just bought a bootleg dvd of his performance at madison square garden in new york city from back in december. there are parts of the show whare he completely walks away from the microphone while he is sapose to be singing......but while he walks away his voice is still going over the speakers which means he's lip syncing to a tape. and the dvd is in sync. Im glad i didnt go to that show like i had planned because i would of been paying 75 bucks for a ticket to hear playback.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:08 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorx View Post
Ozzy is a fraud. I just bought a bootleg dvd of his performance at madison square garden in new york city from back in december. there are parts of the show whare he completely walks away from the microphone while he is sapose to be singing......but while he walks away his voice is still going over the speakers which means he's lip syncing to a tape. and the dvd is in sync. Im glad i didnt go to that show like i had planned because i would of been paying 75 bucks for a ticket to hear playback.
REALLY...

I saw him with Sabbath on their reunion tour in '99 (my first concert) and it was obvious he wasn't lip syncing. Unless he's started doing it now.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorx View Post
No it means he has a wireless mic on him.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Pioneer Member

Saw him in my town last year. Rob Zombie was much better. Ozzy's band carries him the entire show.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
REALLY...

I saw him with Sabbath on their reunion tour in '99 (my first concert) and it was obvious he wasn't lip syncing. Unless he's started doing it now.
im 16 i saw ozzy in 1997 in philly along with pantera
Old 03-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Underhill View Post
. Ozzy's band carries him the entire show.
I agree with you on that one.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:36 PM

I saw him Almost a Year ago in The Point Depot in Dublin, Black Label Society were Supporting and it was a great concert. Ozzy Was singing live and Rocked it! Altho it was kind of ruined by so many Aggro Heads in the crowd starting fights for no reason! My Friends 16 year old brother was started on by like a 35 year old 30stone guy because people were throwing Beer from way behind and he taut it was him (even tho we standing beside him and the beer was stil being thrown as he was going mad). But all in all a Great Show!!!

I never realised how much of a Heavy Hitter Mike Bordin Was until that concert!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
No it means he has a wireless mic on him.
No. Sorry. it's true. Ozzy uses backup tapes for vocals. He's been doing it since 1996 or so. I have seen this on bootlegs like razor has and I have seen it in person as well. I also have a friend that toured with him on Ozzy's road crew. He confirmed it. I even have a few board recordings and very clear to hear this because he isn't in synch with the backing track. Sad but true BUT.... he isn't the only one that does it. He is just one of the few that can get away with it. I have been a major fan of his music since 1981 but after seeing this, it was a big let down. I think some people think it's funny but I don't.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
REALLY...

I saw the same tour. I beleive it was the real deal on that one. He sang everything in a lower key but he did well.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:46 AM

the whole band(including ozzy) were playing alot of their songs, much faster than the original recordings, and during songs, when he supposed be singing, he stopped and started talking to the crowd. there wa sno ozzy's voice playing in background whilst he was talking, so i dont think he lip syncd'c'd'd'd'd'd during this performance.

even if he did, it was still a great show, well worth what i paid for the ticket.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:47 AM
Silver Member

I was lucky enough to see Ozmond with Randy Rhodes way on back in the early 80's. The first time Iron Maiden and Def Leppard opened the show at the Fox, the second time Motely Crew opened for him at the Omni in Atlanta. Those guys are rock and roll pigs and we loved every minute of it. Randy R.was killed the day after the Omni show. He is greatly missed. I think Ozzy has always been carried by his band, but he deserves his place in rock and roll history.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumGod View Post
I never realised how much of a Heavy Hitter Mike Bordin Was until that concert!
Ya buddy, Mikey Bordin must have alot of stored up energy. He has been an inspiration for me back in the late 80's up til now. The guy really grooves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerland755 View Post
the second time Motely Crew opened for him
That was the first time I saw Ozzy, when MC opened for him. Ozzy put on a great show and I loved every minute of it.