DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 03-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Default Band audition

Hey everyone.
i thnk this is a really lame thing to so but i have an audition this saturday morning and it's realy been working on me.its all i can think about.i practice the songs everyday and totally mess myself up from practicing the whole time.
how can i handle the stress.what should i do to deliver a relaxing audition and show them what i can do.
the stress is so overwhelming.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Band audition

What kind of music? Is it for a band or a school or a school band? How long have you been playing? Are you reading or are you playing without reading?

No matter what your answers are to these questions, you really just need to relax and get comfortable with the music. I know its harder to actually relax than it is for me to just say it, but find that place in you that loves music and the drums and have fun. It won't be the end of the world if you do poorly. A friend of mine screwed up his first audition for Ne-Yo and still got called back for the gig and ended up touring with him. Depending on the situation, they may just be looking for a specific personality or attitude as well as someone who can play.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Gold Member

Get comfortable with the songs. Take some chill time breaks. Try listening to music that you enjoy. For that matter, get on your drums or guitar or.. kazoo and play some music that you enjoy. Definitely commit for the practice time, but do some fun stuff to.

When you get there, tell them you are stressed and you have had a crazy week practicing for this stuff. But at the same time. let them know that you will practice as hard as it takes to get the part, to make them happy with your playing.

I hope this helped.

God bless
-Corbett

Myspace-Add me!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 AM
millerdakiller

its like bob says man. Don't worry, cause every little thing is gonna be alrite. What's the worst that can happen? You don't get the part? Oh well, life happens. Once you learn to look at things like this, you can learn not to live with stress. That's what keeps me stress free. That and some herbal medication.