DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-18-2008, 02:11 PM

Default Gibralter Ultra Adjust HH Stand

Any of you guys got one of these? Looks a great idea, definitely would help in my set up but how does it feel c/w a normal stand or a cable remote? I was thinking about a DW until I saw this please help with your comments.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Gibralter Ultra Adjust HH Stand

Iíve been using it for about a month now with my current set up. Itís very smooth, smoother than my original Tama HH stand and way smoother action than my original remote HH stand. Although my remote stand was a cheap one so anything would probably be better than that stand. The Gibralter stand in my opinion has improved the comfort of my setup in terms of HH placement and foot positioning.
Attached Images

Animal Life Savers
Old 01-18-2008, 03:05 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr82bagn View Post
Iíve been using it for about a month now with my current set up. Itís very smooth, smoother than my original Tama HH stand and way smoother action than my original remote HH stand. Although my remote stand was a cheap one so anything would probably be better than that stand. The Gibralter stand in my opinion has improved the comfort of my setup in terms of HH placement and foot positioning.
Is it tricky to find the combination of hi-hat placement and height? It looks like the more you angle it to the left or right, the higher or lower you may have to put it.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Pioneer Member

fourstringdrums,
Yes, can be tricky and does take a little getting used to. It would be perfect if they included one additional vertical adjustment at the base of the stand. It wasn't that bad for me because once I got the HH in a comfortable area I only needed to adjust it slightly to get it to the perfect height.

Animal Life Savers
Old 01-19-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr82bagn View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies on this - maybe height adjustment is limited but looking at the set-up in gr82bagn's pics I've decided to give the Gib a try.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:07 AM
Pioneer Member

Highway Child,

You will be very happy. Post some pics when you get it set up and enjoy.

Animal Life Savers
Old 02-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Silver Member

I love the positioning I can get from the stand. The pedal and hats are perfect for me. That's the good news. The bad news is I find the pullrod sloppy - I can wind my top hat around like a yo - yo and let it unwind itself. I suspect this is a characteristic of all cable/remote stands (not sure b/c this is my only experience with a remote stand). Please let me know if this is unique to the UA stand. Also, the pullrod has some give in it (I approximate about a cm). This makes the top hat tilt a little but in any given direction. Lastly, the bottom hat will not stay flat. Period. I've tried different felts and currently use a Wedgie brand rubber "felt" that has given me the most success.

Please let me know if any of my concerns are operator error or just characteristics of the product. I am willing to give the stand as many chances it needs to "get right" because the positioning flexibilty it gives me is awesome. However, if this is as good as it gets, well I just won't use it in a single pedal setup, and save it for double pedal setups. Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Images

Press here for my drums
"No one has bought his last drum."

Last edited by TenPastTen; 02-29-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Child View Post
Any of you guys got one of these? Looks a great idea, definitely would help in my set up but how does it feel c/w a normal stand or a cable remote? I was thinking about a DW until I saw this please help with your comments.

Doesn't break down for transport.

Go with a remote if you gig a lot. Pearl RH2000 has the best feel, very solid, much better than the Gibraltar.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Silver Member

<<<Bump>>> Just seeing if there are any other experiences out there.

Press here for my drums
"No one has bought his last drum."
Old 03-22-2008, 12:15 PM

I bought this a little while ago but I had already tried it out a bunch of times in the store.

For what it's worth,... it's really good compared to the really old dw5000 remote that I got off of ebay for one of my other drumkits.

When I tried this out in the store, it was worlds better than the 5000 in response, sensetivity, and tension. I bought it because of this, it's price, and because I wanted to convert this into a full remote. And I did. Kind of....

If you just have a height issue, you might wanna try detatching the center "ultra adjust" part and clamping from there to another stand. But the cable is so short that, your options are kind of limited.

I have the entire "ultra adjust" section on mine removed, and now I just need to find the time to get the cable removed... but that will take a while because IT IS COVERED IN GREASE. the whole top secion spring and cable is encapsulated in petroleum like grease. It is not going to be fun and I will need a whole day I am guessing to deal with the mess.

The other reason I went with this one is that I wanted a full hi-hat base, that I could clamp to my bass drum (I play with my bass on the left so my snare and my floor don't have to fight over who can be closer to the bass drum, and my rack toms can be low enough for me to play them at the height that I want) so the full base gives me more clamping surface area, where an actual remote requires you to have a carpet, and velcro that like eachother.

Anyway, all that being said IF ANYONE HAS TAKEN ONE OF THESE ALL THE WAY APPART OR CHANGED THE CABLE OUT, PLEASE SHARE YOUR ADVENTURE!!!!!! IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member

Anyway, all that being said IF ANYONE HAS TAKEN ONE OF THESE ALL THE WAY APPART OR CHANGED THE CABLE OUT, PLEASE SHARE YOUR ADVENTURE!!!!!! IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

Don't you mean 'GREASEALLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!