DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 02-21-2008, 12:36 AM

Default evans drum heads what shall i use?

i have a mixture of remo and aquarian drum heads on my kit and i want a chage to evans i want to know what people surgest. i want to keep my origanal premiar reso head on my mounted tom what whould go well as a batter side im thinking EC2 and my floor tom has only a batter skin cus my dad lost the bottom lugs some time in the 80's what would be a nice head with out a reso my snaire i have a steel shell black panther 14 ' by 5.5 what would go nice on the batter side i like the look of the EC Reverse Dot. so what would people sergest?
Old 02-21-2008, 01:32 AM

Default Re: evans drum heads what shall i use?

I am getting Evans EC2's, Genera H2 Dry snare, and probably a G4 soon. I will let you know how they sound.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAdkins View Post
i have a mixture of remo and aquarian drum heads on my kit and i want a chage to evans i want to know what people surgest. i want to keep my origanal premiar reso head on my mounted tom what whould go well as a batter side im thinking EC2 and my floor tom has only a batter skin cus my dad lost the bottom lugs some time in the 80's what would be a nice head with out a reso my snaire i have a steel shell black panther 14 ' by 5.5 what would go nice on the batter side i like the look of the EC Reverse Dot. so what would people sergest?

definitely get the ec reverse dot on snare, i got it tonight and it sounds great, i wasn't sure what evans head i should use prior to getting this too. i've been using just coated G2's on my toms, they sound great and they're super durable. the only thing i wouldn't recommend is g1's, they're the only evans heads i've found that aren't that durable, they also give overtones that sound bad. all their other models are great though.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member

You could check out the sound descriptions of the different models on the Evans box, or on the Evans site to help make some choices too.

The EC coated heads seem pretty cool.

For the single head floor tom, an EC2 should be cool.

The EC dot snare head sounds cool on the different snares I've seen in shops....I've never tried one on any of my snares, but it seems like a cool head, and sounded good on those snares.

I wouldn't think it would be a bad choice.

I would however suggest changing the bottom head on your tom if you can afford it.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:08 PM

I changed my mind and ordered G2's, Genera Dry (HD dry not in stock), and an Aquarian superkick ii. I heard too many good things about the superkick to pass it up. I will let you know how they sound when I get them and tune em up.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:36 AM

kk guys the EC2's are great on my toms love the damaning right and 2 ply hydrolic skins with a bit of blue tac on the edge of the skin for extra dampaning they sound brilliant. the ec reverse dot is rely good i would recomend it. got one on my wooden snaire and my metal snaire both sounging good what ever style i play. people have got to try them.
i rate these much better then my old remo ones.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Platinum Member

I have EC2's on my toms, they are great, but are to open and pure sounding for my drums. You have to have a great drumset to use EC2's. If you have anything below average, I would go with something more muffled. I'm going with G2 coated or something coated from remo next time.

As for a snare head, I have the genera dry, and it's great, very warm sounding.