DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Default Protection racket nutcases

Ive just ordered a set of protection racket nutcases. Protection rackets answer to an entry level set of drum bags. I have a TAMA Superstar and whilst I love the kit, I didnt want to spend more on the bags than I did on the shells!

So I just wondered if anyone else has used nutcases and if so how did you find them?
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2008, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Protection racket nutcases

Well they arrived, my review so far is that if you are looking for entry level drumbags then these will not disappoint. Great value for money, good look and quality feel to them. Recommended.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2008, 06:38 PM

I was recently looking for a set of inexpensive bags to get my sons drum kit around. We spent a good chunk on his protection racket cymbal bag as he is out with the cymbals every week.
His drums however only leave the house a few times a year and are only moved buy me. As a result I may not go the full protection racket drum cases and now looking at these.
In Canada Im looking at a little over 300 for the deluxe bags.
How much are these?
Is there any padding or are they intended to just keep them from getting scratched up? Where is the handle? Is it opposite the buckle? Id be worried every time I put them down it on the buckle.
Is that a 6 X 14 snare?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:51 PM

Hi

If the drums are not moved regularly then these bags will be just fine, in fact even if they were moved regularly im pretty confident that they will protect the drums well. (As long as you dont drop them then there should be no problems)

The nutcases use about 15mm of padding (go to the protection racket site for more details) and the handle is opposite the buckle. However I dont see that this is a problem. I always put my drums down on the reso side anyway.

Snare is a 6 1/2 x 14 TAMA Superstar custom.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:49 AM

Quote:
I have a TAMA Superstar and whilst I love the kit, I didnt want to spend more on the bags than I did on the shells!
yeah but wait until your toms move in your car and you get a nice mark in the side of one of your toms, you'll wished you spent more then.......

Recently in a Drum shop a guy talked me out of buying theses as he said and after seeing them for myself he was right, they will not protect much......

If you transport your kit a lot then I would go for the higher end felt interior Protection Racket cases, I did and I am happy I didn't buy the nutcases.....

Depends how much you value your kit
Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member

Well they arrived, my review so far is that if you are looking for entry level drumbags then these will not disappoint. Great value for money, good look and quality feel to them. Recommended.

What happens when the seam on the string tunnel comes apart? 'Seams' like a weak spot. I don't like the 'nutty' graphics either.

I think this is a better deal. Edit: They were on sale for $79 at time of post.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Set?sku=549681

Last edited by Les Ismore; 02-20-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spides666 View Post
Depends how much you value your kit
... Or how much you transport it. In my case not very often, so the majority of the time the main function of the cases is to protect the kit from gathering dust in my house. Rather than getting knocked about on the road.