DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by katman View Post
Burger didn't get the yellow. Juan Smith did (for his high tackle). But Burger and Contemponi were having a little discussion after the fact, and Walsh warned Contemponi that he would be following Smith if he didn't keep his temper in check. And two minutes later he lashes out at Butch James - smacks him in the face right in front of the ref. Very silly.

I think the Boks played the perfect game in the situation. Didn't try and run all the long kicks back. Just sent the ball back into the Argies' half and ran it from closer positions. Also tackled very hard - often gang-tackling - and pouncing on the spilt ball. Try time.

I reckon the Argies were way too emotional. Right from the start when they were balling out their anthem. You need a clear head to win a World Cup semi and theirs were everything but clear. But well done to them. They were a revelation and deserve to be taken seriously going forward. Not just the odd tour to SA and Europe. Perhaps joining the Tri-Nations or Super14?

As for next week, I don't want to jinx it but I think we have England's number. It won't be another 36-0, but I have a feeling the cup is coming home.

Oh, and then Ernie clobbered Angel Cabrera to win the World Golf Matchplay Champs at Wentworth for a record 7th time. So that's Argentina 0, South Africa 2 this weekend.
My bad, I just remember that Burger was involved in some way.

There has been talk in SANZAR of a Pacific Islands rep team and an Argentinian team join the tri-nations and some sort of inclusion into the super-14. Maybe making it 18 or 20 teams to accomadate this.

Just for the record, my money is on the Boks. I want them to win soooooo bad.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

To be honest, I'll say that it is most likely that the Boks will win. I'm saying this as an avid England fan and as a realist. It'll come down to the best team on the day, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to the match.

Annoyingly, I've got a gig that night. As I also had this week. So I'll manage to miss the bloody match!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Senior Administrator

i've also got a gig but mine starts at 11:30. its going to be a crazy weekend. friday go to excel and meet people, dinner with bernhard, drummerlive all saturday, dinner with my dad (flying in from south africa), THE GAME, set up and sound check, gig, rush home, snatch 4 hours sleep, back to excel for drummerlive, sunday night gig, monday morning early off to cornwall for three days.

j

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw
Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Silver Member

Looking forward to some more of this stuff on Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k4s_lBThO0
Old 10-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Looking forward to some more of this stuff on Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k4s_lBThO0
At least give us a video where he's challenged a little bit, not just a walk in the park. Interceo tries are always good....

how about this?!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member

Remember those rule changes in the local Australian comp (The Mazda Australian Rugby Championship)?
Well, they've gone international. SANZAR has chosen to use the Stellenbosch Laws for next years Tri-Nations and Super-14 competitions, also declaring that any international teams playing in SA, NZ or Aus will also play under these rules. IRB referees boss Paddy O'Brien says the new rules 'produce a far better product' and are making rugby easier to follow.
The rules promote attacking and expansive rugby (as opposed to the English anti-rugby style), making the game faster and providing the backline with a little more room to work with. Also, most games at our national comp averaged around 100 more tackles than current international tests (about 250 instead of 150).
Old 10-20-2007, 02:04 PM

“…English anti-rugby style…” Ozzy Biz.

Sir, I feel compelled to interject as your use of the above phase is nonsensical. It is a recognised truth, I think you will find, that if one wishes to know the correct way of doing anything, one only has to observe how an Englishman would go about the task. This is just one of the gifts that we English have, in our infinite modest and charity, selflessly bestowed upon all those misfortunate enough to be born without our shores. As I hardly think anyone with a right mind would wish to contend such an irrefutable fact, I hope you can now see the elementary error of your statement?

Also, I must say, from the tone of some of the posts in this thread, one might infer that England would not be the most popular champion throughout all of the free-thinking nations (South Africa graciously excepted). - Utterly Preposterous!

Next I suppose you will be saying that consistent, aggressive bowling directed to the line of the batsman’s body might somehow be ‘unsportsmanlike’!!
Old 10-21-2007, 03:06 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Congratulations are due to South Africa, who proved to be the better team of the night.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosuggestion View Post
“…English anti-rugby style…” Ozzy Biz.

Sir, I feel compelled to interject as your use of the above phase is nonsensical. It is a recognised truth, I think you will find, that if one wishes to know the correct way of doing anything, one only has to observe how an Englishman would go about the task. This is just one of the gifts that we English have, in our infinite modest and charity, selflessly bestowed upon all those misfortunate enough to be born without our shores. As I hardly think anyone with a right mind would wish to contend such an irrefutable fact, I hope you can now see the elementary error of your statement?

Also, I must say, from the tone of some of the posts in this thread, one might infer that England would not be the most popular champion throughout all of the free-thinking nations (South Africa graciously excepted). - Utterly Preposterous!

Next I suppose you will be saying that consistent, aggressive bowling directed to the line of the batsman’s body might somehow be ‘unsportsmanlike’!!
Firstly, I am eternally thankful that I am "misfortunate enough to be born without our shores". Why would I rather live in the nation of (to quote Dennis Farina) "bad food, worse weather" than Australia? I don't know about you, but I'm sitting in my room, sun shining in the window, its about 30 degrees celcius outside doing some study for my exams at uni that are coming up. The only thing I'd like to change is that my exams were over. This "irrefutable fact" you speak of is a certain as the likelyhood of us losing The Ashes any time soon.

The some of you post seems to alie with the phrase "don't hat the player, hate the game". Well, I'm not hating either. But to deny that the world cup from the semis onwards became boring rugby to watch (even though this has been the most profitable cup with $200 million in profit and an average crowd for EVERY game of 37000) is just silly. I watched every game from the quarters onwards and about most of the televised pool matches. Without a doubt, the most exciting games to watch involved Tonga, Fiji and Samoa, plus the France vs NZ match. Why? Because they don't play boring ten-man rugby with 20 phases of pick-and-drive slow-ball followed by a drop goal or penalty kick for goal. When a teams score is divisable by three, if often is lacking in excitement so say the least.

The use of the term "anti-rugby" has been around for a few years now. It is not strictly to do with the English, but rather the style of game they are currently playing. Now, this isn't an attack on the English; they've done quite spectacularly this world cup with a team that was predicted to scrape into the semis and then bow out. England did exactly what they had to do to get as far as they did. I salute Brian Ashton for working to the English strengths (a monster scrum and great counter rucking with JW at fly) as well as they did.
However the fact of the matter was that it is boring rugby to watch. "Anti-rugby" is the non-expansive style which is essentially the game style that Argentina, South Africa, France, and England all use. England seems to be the most extreme of these cases, as Les Bleaus, the Pumas and the Boks all had exciting backline moves (including an Australian move that south africa used; thanks eddie!).

Again, well done the South Africa. Allez Les Boks!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Pioneer Member

Ah, roll on the Ashes!!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Silver Member

What a weekend that was. And to think all but two or three of this squad will be around for the next World Cup. Now the Lions just need to clinch the Currie Cup on Saturday and my rugby year will be complete.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:45 PM

Congratulations to the Bokke. The right result without question, although still proud of the spirit shown by the England side.

To clarify, Ozzy Biz, my earlier post was an attempt at humour - had hoped the tone was too outrageous to be taken seriously - and if it was taken any other way then a) I apologise, and b) the balance and intelligence of your responses is even more appreciated and respected.

In seriousness, I do agree with you (although our food isn’t actually that bad, honest) and think the Stellenbosch laws would on the whole be better for rugby, particularly in regard to the restrictions on kicking, although obviously not for us in the short term. Has anyone actually managed to see any of the games in which the laws were employed?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosuggestion View Post
Congratulations to the Bokke. The right result without question, although still proud of the spirit shown by the England side.

To clarify, Ozzy Biz, my earlier post was an attempt at humour - had hoped the tone was too outrageous to be taken seriously - and if it was taken any other way then a) I apologise, and b) the balance and intelligence of your responses is even more appreciated and respected.

In seriousness, I do agree with you (although our food isn’t actually that bad, honest) and think the Stellenbosch laws would on the whole be better for rugby, particularly in regard to the restrictions on kicking, although obviously not for us in the short term. Has anyone actually managed to see any of the games in which the laws were employed?
Ok, my bad then... I'm a bit stressed out because of my exams (starting tomorrow) and I have a bad feeling I'll be doing one subject again next year...

I watched several of the Mazda Australian Rugby Championship games where the Stellenbosch laws where implemented. I think it does wonders for the game, really opens things up creating exciting, expansive rugby that is great to watch and a little easier to follow for the general public. The rucks and mauls are incredibly fierce as its basically open slather for any player on their feet who enters 'through the gate'. Its the sort of stuff Schaulk Burger and George Smith would just eat up for breakfast. I am seriously looking forward to it being implemented at Super-14, Tri-Nations and then worldwide. I'm not sure, but you may be able to watch some highlights from the season on youtube or somewhere on the abc.com.au site (they stremed all the games on their site as well as pled on normal free-to air tv)
Old 10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Silver Member

Ozzy, completely off topic here, but what is that snare in your avatar? Can you post a bigger pic?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Silver Member

You got to love Chabal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRNKWjk86es

Or perhaps not.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Quote:

Or perhaps not.
That's hilarious. All the British commentators were referring to him as 'Asterix' throughout the England-France match. Genius.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Or perhaps not.
I think he's great for the game. An exciting player with character; a real 'what you see is what you get' sort of guy.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Silver Member

Damn, my team (Lions) fell just short in the Currie Cup final.

We were leading 18-6 with just over 20 minutes to go, and then we conceded a converted try. 18-13 and we were in for a very tense final quarter. In the second-last minute, the Cheetahs' replacement fullback manages to dot the ball down milliseconds before being bundled into touch - it took loads ot TMO replays to determine. So their flyhalf steps up to convert from the left touchline. And it looks for all the money to be heading wide. But it bends in just enough to bounce in off the left upright. 20-18. Broke my heart.

There's always next year. Watch the Lions in the Super14.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Platinum Member

OK, rather than start a new thread I thought we'd just continue on the RWC one. Super-14 2008 is already upon us, with the first game starting in 4 hours, that being the Brumbies vs The Crusaders.

First of all, '08 will be the best year yet as the Stellenbosh laws are being used. You are going to see fast, agressive, and flowing rugby, probably an extra 100 odd tackles per game and some seriously big hits. I'm really looking forward to seeing the now 94kg and just turned 19 year old Kurltey Beale in his second year of S14, after winning player of the tournement in the (late) Mazda Australian Rugby Championships. Big things to come, me thinks.

Secondly, Katman, are you a Sharks or a Bulls man? I say this because I saw that Frederick Michalak will make his S14 debut for the Sharks against the Force tomorrow. That's a nice pickup there.

Hopefully the Reds will do Ok this season and see at least half of their senior players fit at any given time; a luxery they certainly didn't get to enjoy last year. I'd really like to see them get over the Highlanders tonight.

Anyways, let the games begin!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz View Post
OK, rather than start a new thread I thought we'd just continue on the RWC one. Super-14 2008 is already upon us, with the first game starting in 4 hours, that being the Brumbies vs The Crusaders.

First of all, '08 will be the best year yet as the Stellenbosh laws are being used. You are going to see fast, agressive, and flowing rugby, probably an extra 100 odd tackles per game and some seriously big hits. I'm really looking forward to seeing the now 94kg and just turned 19 year old Kurltey Beale in his second year of S14, after winning player of the tournement in the (late) Mazda Australian Rugby Championships. Big things to come, me thinks.

Secondly, Katman, are you a Sharks or a Bulls man? I say this because I saw that Frederick Michalak will make his S14 debut for the Sharks against the Force tomorrow. That's a nice pickup there.

Hopefully the Reds will do Ok this season and see at least half of their senior players fit at any given time; a luxery they certainly didn't get to enjoy last year. I'd really like to see them get over the Highlanders tonight.

Anyways, let the games begin!
Hey, what a good idea to revive this thread.

I'm neither a Sharks or a Bulls man. I'm a Lions man. and it looks like we're in for a LONG season. Injuries and transfers have cost us all our Springboks and we have very little depth to fall back on. I'm praying for some kind of miracle.

I'm looking forward to see Michalak run out for the Sharks. There is concern over an injury though and he is bracketed in together with Francois Steyn at flyhalf. If he plays, Steyn will probably shift to fullback. Either way, both are fantastic players. In fact, the Sharks are our best bet this year with an almost all-Springbok backline and a monster pack.

I'm heading down to Newlands tomorrow to watch the Stormers play the Bulls. For over a hundred years this North-South fixture has been our local rugby's biggest rivalry and I have never seen a bigger build-up than this one. It's going to be war. I'm not a Stormers fan, but on Saturday I will be. Anything but those arrogant Bulls. Scenes from Gangs of New York in Cape Town's southern suburbs tomorrow :)

And I'm also keen to see if Beale can live up to all the hype. He's certainly got his fair share of discussion over here. I must admit, I fear for your Reds as much as I fear for my Lions. Can't see either of them going all the way. Ditto for the Highlanders and the Cheetahs. Teams to watch, in my opinion, are the Blues, Crusaders, Force and Sharks.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Silver Member

Well done to the Reds - certainly surprised me.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Pioneer Member

IRELAND FOR THE 6TH NATIONS!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

I knew that was coming somewhere...

Off to the pub tomorrow to watch England. There's nothing like an English pub with English Rugby fans.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
I knew that was coming somewhere...

Off to the pub tomorrow to watch England. There's nothing like an English pub with English Rugby fans.
Haven't experienced it before myself, but I know if I was in there with my irish rugby shirt on, I wouldn't be too accepted. Then again, if Ireland played England....why would I be in an English pub? OH MICHAEL!!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Actually, you'd be happily accepted. That's my point. I remember going to see England vs. Ireland in Twickenham in 1997 with my Dad; I would've been about nine or so. Sat bang in the middle of about two hundred drunken Irish supporters with our little England shirts on and I've never felt more welcomed or accepted since. Fantastic guys and just a good atmosphere and a good time had by all. Of course you'd get a gentle ribbing for wearing the wrong shirt, but it's all in good fun.

And that sir, is what makes a Rugby supporter different from almost any other supporter in the World.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Gold Member

*cough*.............................................
Old 02-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Actually, you'd be happily accepted. That's my point. I remember going to see England vs. Ireland in Twickenham in 1997 with my Dad; I would've been about nine or so. Sat bang in the middle of about two hundred drunken Irish supporters with our little England shirts on and I've never felt more welcomed or accepted since. Fantastic guys and just a good atmosphere and a good time had by all. Of course you'd get a gentle ribbing for wearing the wrong shirt, but it's all in good fun.

And that sir, is what makes a Rugby supporter different from almost any other supporter in the World.
Hahaha really? That's good to hear though. I don't mind rubbing shoulders a bit with the opposition, except for when Celtic is playing the scum (Rangers). Not too friendly there. But yes, rugby is a gentlemens sport.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Robatusin..................
Old 02-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
sore throat?
Quote:
Yeah, and I think the respect for the reff is one of the other great things about rugby. "Sir, knocked forward, Sir!". Not like the AFL over here, were players frequently mouth off to the umpires, calling them "white maggots" and the like (although they don't wear white anymore). You get sent off for doing that in Union.

As for the Six Nations, it's a second rate comp. Tri-Nations is where it's at.

Did anyone see the Brumbies vs Crusaders game? Brumbies played pretty damn sh*t, but the conditions were horrid; the top right corner on the try-line was a swimming pool. The ball literally would not bounce, even when bombed in, rather just splash and stop where it landed. And they lost their 2nd centre in Adam Ashley-Cooper, who joined Stirling Mortlock on the injury list.

Good on the Reds for being able to hold on against the mullet-equipped Highlanders. Seriously, half their players had a mullet or rat-tail, they were pretty foul looking blokes. MacIntosh, the 130kg prop had a bleached dreadlock mullet. Not a good look. The first 20 mins of that game were electric; Digby Ione, Clinton Schifcofske and Chris Latham were busting takles and making breaks left right and center. Great stuff to watch.

The other interesting thing worth noting is that in both games, each team used every player on their bench; which illustrates the extra physicality imposed by the new laws. Awesome, awesome stuff. Can't wait for the 'Tahs game tonight!
Old 02-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Second rate because we knocked Australia out of the World Cup?

Oh the low blow! (High tackle, Sir!)
Old 02-16-2008, 04:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Second rate because we knocked Australia out of the World Cup?

Oh the low blow! (High tackle, Sir!)
Yeah, but 1/3 of the teams of our competion still kicked your arse! While 1/2 of your comp didn't even make the finals!

haha. Hey, at least we're the one's trying to advance the game, rather then throw it into the boring and murky depths of a defensive game. I enjoyed last nights S14 games more than all the games after the quarters in the RWC. I'd love to see the English and All Black sides of last world cup play under the Stellenbosch laws.

No hard feelings though MFB, just because the northern hemisphere doesn't want to face the music and take a positive step forward... haha
Old 02-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

See, this is what it's all about. The gentle ribbing.

Actually, England have started playing the expansive game recently. Unfortunately as usual the steel has dulled and we don't quite have the neatness in the backs that we need (especially defensively) to have the killer blow. Sackey is an awesome attacking player, for instance, but sometimes lacks the defensive mindset. But another three years and nine months or so to go.

I heard vaguely about these new rules a few months ago and did some reading yesterday. Not so sure I like the idea of collapsing mauls (having been in a few, it doesn't exactly feel safe if you know what I mean) but generally I'm in favour. They'd make it more interesting certainly and I'd like to see some of the Super 14 games with these rules; let's see how it goes.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
See, this is what it's all about. The gentle ribbing.

Actually, England have started playing the expansive game recently. Unfortunately as usual the steel has dulled and we don't quite have the neatness in the backs that we need (especially defensively) to have the killer blow. Sackey is an awesome attacking player, for instance, but sometimes lacks the defensive mindset. But another three years and nine months or so to go.

I heard vaguely about these new rules a few months ago and did some reading yesterday. Not so sure I like the idea of collapsing mauls (having been in a few, it doesn't exactly feel safe if you know what I mean) but generally I'm in favour. They'd make it more interesting certainly and I'd like to see some of the Super 14 games with these rules; let's see how it goes.
After last night's Warratahs vs Hurricanes game, I'm loving it even more. There are lots of stolen ball and some huge hits. Even the Hurricane's, regarded as S14s fittest team, were slowing down by the end of the game. Jerry Collins, who slimmed down to 105kg for the new laws, was battling with the sheer physicality of the game.

The maul law is good I think. It was getting too ridiculous; a team would start a maul and there's nothing the other team can really do to stop it. There was no injuries that I know of caused by it in the local comp here last year, so I think it'll be ok.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Well the IRB and local Rugby authorities are sensible. If there are any injuries caused as a direct result then they will just be stopped. I think a lot more needs to be done on collapsing scrums actually, there's a minefield. I'm going to see if I can catch the highlights after I've recovered from this very slight hangover.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Silver Member

A couple of big games coming up this weekend (ignore the kick-off times - they're South African):

Friday 22 February Hurricanes v Reds Wellington 19:35
Friday 22 February Cheetahs v W Force Bloemfontein 18:00
Friday 22 February Bulls v Crusaders Pretoria 20:05
Saturday 23 February Chiefs v Waratahs Hamilton 19:35
Saturday 23 February Brumbies v Highlanders Canberra 19:40
Saturday 23 February Sharks v Stormers Durban 17:00
Saturday 23 February Lions v Blues Johannesburg 19:05

A really tough ask for all the Ozzy teams, if you ask me. Considering they're playing at home against the Highlanders, you''d expect the Brumbies to walk this one. But I've never seen such a depleted/inexperienced Brumbies side.

The two favourites, Blues and Crusaders, both travel to the highveld to play the Lions and Bulls respectively. Should theoretically be wins for both NZ teams, but Ellis Park and Loftus Versfeld are notoriously hostile environments for traveling teams. Plus the thin air up on the highveld really bites the lungs in the second half. Could just be an upset or two on the cards. Go Lions.

Sorry, Ozzy, but I think the 'Canes will have too much gas in the tank for the Reds in Wellington. Cheetahs and Force could go down to the wire. I'm going with Cheetahs, but that's just my patriotism speaking. Chiefs Waratahs is a really tough one to call. Hamilton is never kind to visitors, but I'm going with the Sydney boys on this one. And finally, the Sharks (our best bet for another title) should ease past the Stormers in Durban. Going to be very hot and humid there - not sure we'll see the best display of running rugby.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
A couple of big games coming up this weekend (ignore the kick-off times - they're South African):

Friday 22 February Hurricanes v Reds Wellington 19:35
Friday 22 February Cheetahs v W Force Bloemfontein 18:00
Friday 22 February Bulls v Crusaders Pretoria 20:05
Saturday 23 February Chiefs v Waratahs Hamilton 19:35
Saturday 23 February Brumbies v Highlanders Canberra 19:40
Saturday 23 February Sharks v Stormers Durban 17:00
Saturday 23 February Lions v Blues Johannesburg 19:05

A really tough ask for all the Ozzy teams, if you ask me. Considering they're playing at home against the Highlanders, you''d expect the Brumbies to walk this one. But I've never seen such a depleted/inexperienced Brumbies side.

The two favourites, Blues and Crusaders, both travel to the highveld to play the Lions and Bulls respectively. Should theoretically be wins for both NZ teams, but Ellis Park and Loftus Versfeld are notoriously hostile environments for traveling teams. Plus the thin air up on the highveld really bites the lungs in the second half. Could just be an upset or two on the cards. Go Lions.

Sorry, Ozzy, but I think the 'Canes will have too much gas in the tank for the Reds in Wellington. Cheetahs and Force could go down to the wire. I'm going with Cheetahs, but that's just my patriotism speaking. Chiefs Waratahs is a really tough one to call. Hamilton is never kind to visitors, but I'm going with the Sydney boys on this one. And finally, the Sharks (our best bet for another title) should ease past the Stormers in Durban. Going to be very hot and humid there - not sure we'll see the best display of running rugby.
I'm a 'Tah's man, so the Reds sucess isn't paramount to me. I'd just like to see them have a good year. The 'Tahs have an amazing forward pack; 1. Matt Dunning, 2. Adam Freier, 3. Al Baxter, 4. Dean Mumm, 5. Dan Vickerman, 6. Rocky Elsom, 7. Phil Waugh (c), 8. Wycliff Palu, with Mumm being the only non-starting Wallaby. Add some young talent in the backs; Kurtley Beale, Lachlan Turner, Luke Burgess as well as Lote Tuquiri and league convert Timana Tahu. It's a seriously strong base for the young backs to feed off, and the reserve bench is strong too. Wallaby Benn Robinson, Luke Burgess and Beau Robinson are my favourites. Beau is a seriously hard hitter, he put Jerry Collins down for a few minutes with a massive tackle.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Just for any of you naysayers of English Rugby, check out highlights from last week's Bath vs. London Wasp's match. Flowing, beautiful Rugby that was exciting to watch and very high scoring. Over seventy points in the match; just a great one to watch. We can play the sort of entertaining Rugby over here as well.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Just for any of you naysayers of English Rugby, check out highlights from last week's Bath vs. London Wasp's match. Flowing, beautiful Rugby that was exciting to watch and very high scoring. Over seventy points in the match; just a great one to watch. We can play the sort of entertaining Rugby over here as well.
Isn't Bath half South African? :)
Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz View Post
I'm a 'Tah's man, so the Reds sucess isn't paramount to me.
My most humble apologies. Don't know why I had you down as a Reds man.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Quote:
Isn't Bath half South African? :)
Not quite, but Wasps won anyway!

Will be watching the Super 14's in eight minutes.