DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 PM

Default What to watch when buying double pedal?

What to watch when buying double pedal? I am thinking about buying Yamaha DFP series or maybe Iron cobra but maybe someone can explane if, for example footplate size, matters when different techiniqes are played. I am not brutal player and would like to play different styles etc. Also Yamaha, i have heard, has the best iron quality. And what do you think about Pearl P122TW. Is it good or the pedals like IC and Yamaha better series are as much better as they are expensive?

I hope these questions arenīt too dumb:)
Old 01-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: What to watch when buying double pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossu View Post
What to watch when buying double pedal? I am thinking about buying Yamaha DFP series or maybe Iron cobra but maybe someone can explane if, for example footplate size, matters when different techiniqes are played. I am not brutal player and would like to play different styles etc. Also Yamaha, i have heard, has the best iron quality. And what do you think about Pearl P122TW. Is it good or the pedals like IC and Yamaha better series are as much better as they are expensive?

I hope these questions arenīt too dumb:)

For peeps who are buying a double pedal for the first time or know nothing about double pedals, I would suggest getting one that's very adjustable, easy to adjust, and affordable like a Tama Iron Cobra. These pedal are well built, play well, set up easily and aren't overly expensive.

Keep it in great shape (take care of it, clean it often), then if you ever play on something you like better, you can sell the IC for a good price compared what you bought it for.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 PM

The good brands that you hear of all make good pedals. Personally, I started by buying the pdp double pedal. Yes, its a piece of crap, BUT I used it long enough (a month or two) to really learn what is important and what is not. if you don't want a training wheels pedal, go for one of the nicer dw pedals (7002 is a good entry model) the pearl's are nice. Iron cobra is an old stand by. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Silver Member

I've tried the pearl eliminators! Fine double pedals indeed if you're looking for one.

Endorsements are hard to come by. Anyone???? :p
Old 01-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Platinum Member

I went with the DW7002PT as my first double pedal last summer and I still consider myself as a single pedal user but I just want to add another tool in my toolbox. That pedal is really good if you dont want to invest a lot and find out if you like playing double bass. As for me, if ever I need to upgrade then I will probably go with Yamaha Flying Dragon direct drive or IC but I heard good think about the Eliminators.

My Kit Latest Update
Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 PM

Just try every pedal out you can.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:43 PM

I have thought now more about Yamaha. IC and Mapex. I have heard that if you have bigger feet then IC is better, while it has a bit bigger plates than Pearl, DW or Yamaha. Also new IC has this Cobra Coil that seems tempting to try.