DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 PM

Default Ugh! Double pedal or Single pedal

Hey,
After all that fussing about with an order delayed, and having troubles setting the pedal up, I now feel the double pedal isn't for me. I've put back my single pedal, and everything just feels so much more natural, which reflects in my playing, Im also not that fond of the double pedal just because it just sounds too erm.. fast and "big." I WAS thinking of putting my big dog pro pedal on the bay of E, then hopefully buying a Tama IC single pedal, if I put a BIN of about 100 on, anyone think this is a good idea? or if I should sell it or not? Im so confused!
Resok.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ugh! Double pedal or Single pedal

It's not because you have a double pedal that you absolutely need to play double bass on every song. I mean, you can simply continue to play single with your double but when the need will come you'll have it and it's just another tool in your toolbox. Listen to Steve Smith or Dave Weckl or Vinnie Colaiuta or Steve Gadd, all of them use double pedal (and not at an extreme speed) when the song need it. It give new color to fusion music and they are considered single pedal player.

My Kit Latest Update
Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 PM

Mind_Drummer makes an excellent point. It never hurts to have something that you may at some point find a suitable use for.

There is one other thing for you to consider as well -- it takes time and practice to get accustomed to any new piece of gear. If you practice anything enough you will get better at it, and when you get better at it of course you're going to feel more comfortable using it.

Everyone thinks a double pedal is going to be so cool to use, but it's not an easy thing to learn how to use.

~~Sorry my dog humped your leg. He feels terrible about it.~~
Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 PM

Yeah, I actually could play double bass before I bought the pedal. I was just trying to reach certain speeds I used to be able to achieve, which kinda got me frustrated with it, but Im now taking it day by day and practising my 16th notes with it :D