DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 01-17-2007, 04:21 AM

Default why my dad is the best dad ever

my dad used to be a drummer, back in the day, so when i told him i wanted to pick up the drums, he was very happy. that was a year ago.

for christmas, he replaced my ZBTs with 2 brillaint AA medium crashes (16" and 18"), AA regular hats and an AA medium ride, all in a pack. plus one extra used natural 16" AA medium-thin crash.

since i didn't care for the AA ride, we went to guitar center today for my birthday and he had gotten me a $200 gift card, but insurance money for my broken ZBT's, approximately $400.

so i ended up buying a cheapo PDP double pedal so i can mess around with that, an aquarian superkick reso side head, and....pause for dramatic effect.... my new baby, a 22" paragon ride. i am the happiest i have ever been in my life. and here's the kicker; my dad is going to afghanistan for 9 months (majjor bummer), but when he comes back he said he'd buy me a whole new kit.

i love my dad.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: why my dad is the best dad ever

paragons make me all warm and gooey inside........
Old 01-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Silver Member

wow that sucks about you dad leaving. what is he in? my brother left for iraq a few weeks ago for a 9 month thing he is in the marine corps.

thats some great stuff you got. you better learn a hell of a lot of stuff so you can impress him when he gets home
Old 01-17-2007, 04:29 AM

yeah, sorry about that man, my dad's in the navy, and he has to go because he's the only guy in the area who's elligable.

and by the time he gets back, i'm sure he'll be imrpessed.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:02 AM
Platinum Member

good stuff. yeah, one of my best friends ships out this month. is your dad going to be in the the troop increase or was he scheduled? it completely broadsided my bud! he is goin to have to probably spend extra time over there and he is not to pumped.

Last edited by d.c.drummer; 01-19-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_F View Post
my dad used to be a drummer, back in the day, so when i told him i wanted to pick up the drums, he was very happy. that was a year ago.

for christmas, he replaced my ZBTs with 2 brillaint AA medium crashes (16" and 18"), AA regular hats and an AA medium ride, all in a pack. plus one extra used natural 16" AA medium-thin crash.

since i didn't care for the AA ride, we went to guitar center today for my birthday and he had gotten me a $200 gift card, but insurance money for my broken ZBT's, approximately $400.

so i ended up buying a cheapo PDP double pedal so i can mess around with that, an aquarian superkick reso side head, and....pause for dramatic effect.... my new baby, a 22" paragon ride. i am the happiest i have ever been in my life. and here's the kicker; my dad is going to afghanistan for 9 months (majjor bummer), but when he comes back he said he'd buy me a whole new kit.

i love my dad.
This is one of the most touching posts I've ever read on this forum, you are a lucky young man and I'm sure your father is very proud of you. Godspeed to your father and to his safe return home.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:42 AM

It must be really cool having a dad who shares the same intrests as you. he can help you out in the beggining, and he knows the proper stuff to get you.

i REALLY hope that when i have a son, he either takes up skateboarding, drums, or becomes extremly passionate about cars (hopefully nissan too =D) like i am. Itd be really cool to teach him things, and see him progresss.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:23 PM

i keep telling my dad to learn the drums, but no.

Last edited by bonzo49; 01-18-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SketcHyRollin564 View Post

i REALLY hope that when i have a son, he either takes up skateboarding, drums, or becomes extremly passionate about cars (hopefully nissan too =D) like i am. Itd be really cool to teach him things, and see him progresss.
thats what I want my future kid to be into, i am a skater and a drummer, and i love cars, but the ones i like are muscle cars
Old 01-18-2007, 12:10 AM

That's so cool that your dad encourages you in your drumming. (mine always gave me hell about the "racket" I was making, and the space I took up in his workshop.) You have an awesome father, and I hope he comes home safe and sound.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:17 AM

I, for one, am truely thankful to your dad for serving this country!!!

75sling
Old 01-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75sling View Post
I, for one, am truely thankful to your dad for serving this country!!!

75sling
just a hint, you might want to edit that because there are many people from other countries on this site...heck our founder is from Switzerland

Anyway i wish my dad had kept going with drums, how awesome would it be to have the same intrests and hobbies as your father! That and he would understand the difference between ZBT's and K's.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:11 AM

Hey man, sorry to hear that your dad's leaving, one of my friends is in Iraq right now with one of the armor devisions. Anyway, congrats on your new cymbals and be sure to let us know what your dad gets you when he comes home, we're all looking forwards to seeing the new kit. And make sure he knows mow much we all appreciate his dedication to the United States. He's a hero in every sense of the word.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:11 AM

thanks you guys, and i'll pass the good will on to my dad.

it is pretty cool that my dad understands drums, and he can give me fairly decent advice about the music industy. He used to work at SamAsh in new york, when it was the biggest place and all the top drummers would come in and buy stuff. it's pretty cool having a father who saw cats like steward copeland walk into the store.

he even got free Rush tickets once because he was good friends with the roadie and gave him dicounts on equipment.

thanks again, and i'll get pictures of the new gear soon.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer_14_92 View Post
thats what I want my future kid to be into, i am a skater and a drummer, and i love cars, but the ones i like are muscle cars
I think i found my soulmate
Old 01-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Silver Member

(Y) Your so lucky you have a dad who's willing to do that kinda thing for you. Really.
My dad's a salesman and doesnt play drums T_T. And makes me work for my drum kit. Although. I suppose it's really a life lesson, and I'm sure I wouldn't have enjoyed my kit as much if he had just gone out and bought it for me. =]

Last edited by groovemaster_flex; 02-05-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:57 PM

If you think your dad is the best dad ever, you should love him maybe for serving in afghanistan or something like that. But, it's kind of ridiculous that you take such a materialistic approach towards such an (what should be) un-materialistic subject.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Pioneer Member

My dad could beat up your dad
Old 01-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Gold Member

oh yeah! Well my dad could beat up both of your dads at once!! Wait, my dad is a nerd, never mind!

I too love paragons. I have the splash. it sounds pretty good.

Myspace-Add me!
Old 01-18-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
If you think your dad is the best dad ever, you should love him maybe for serving in afghanistan or something like that. But, it's kind of ridiculous that you take such a materialistic approach towards such an (what should be) un-materialistic subject.
i never said i loved my dad because he bought me stuff. i said, and i quote, "i love my dad."
i wouldn't matter if my dad was going to afghanistan or not, wheter he bought me a new kit or not, i'd love him still. so don't call my love for my father into question because you misinterperited it as conditional.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 PM

Exactly....my dad doesnt buy me loads of stuff or serve in the armed forces, but I still love him because he has been my dad for the last 19 years and hes the only father figure I look up to. I knew what you meant Justin, and it was a very touching post :) Congrats on the new stuff also :D
Old 01-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Underhill View Post
My dad could beat up your dad
He aint got sh*t on mine.

Name:  beard.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  211.0 KB
Old 01-19-2007, 12:01 AM

"there are some things money can't buy"
like respect, skills, talent and more things like these but most important... love.

to be honest with you. I'd rather have my dad around for 9 months than 5 whole new DW drumkits or whatever. But anyway getting new stuff is ALWAYS great so goodluck with it :)
Old 01-19-2007, 12:57 AM

That is great that you dad was so good to you. I hope he gets home safely and soon.

Dads are the best, though mine died some time ago,

I have nothing but good thoughts about him. For example, when I was in Jr. High School, I wanted to see Zeppelin, but he did not want me to skip class to line up for tickets. (This was waaaay before the Internet or Ticketmaster.)

He took off work and stood in line, in the freezing cold all day to buy me and my friends tickets to the show. I know just how you feel about your dad.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:25 AM

Best wishes to your dad. His service is appreciated.

--LG
Old 01-24-2007, 12:24 AM

here's the gear:

messin' with the camera:

photoshoped:
Old 02-04-2008, 04:39 AM

hey man, I hope your dad gets back alright and sees how good of a drummer you are :)
Old 02-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_F View Post

i love my dad.
You're a lucky guy man. Enjoy those cymbals, best wishes for a safe return for your dad.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:28 AM

It's a good thing your dad did for you.. and a good thing he's doing for us.. Give him my thanks, and my wishes for his safe return.

Peace!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:33 AM

that's great that your dad is a drummer too!

If I ever have kids, I would love to pass my kits on to them and hope they take up the craft. I hope your dad does well, and comes home safe. He's too good of a guy to lose over there.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen aka aksie View Post
"there are some things money can't buy"
like respect, skills, talent and more things like these but most important... love.

to be honest with you. I'd rather have my dad around for 9 months than 5 whole new DW drumkits or whatever. But anyway getting new stuff is ALWAYS great so goodluck with it :)
Well i think that's slightly unfair thing to say since his dad would have gone whether he bought him the cymbals or not. I'm sure TS wishes his dad could stay too but it's better that he gets the cymbals than no cymbals and his dad leaving. I think some of you should lay off the guy, sure money doesn't buy love but the fact is that it's not just the cymbals, it's the thought that counts. His dad obviously really cares about him and he's not gonna see him for 9 months so i think one of the reasons he's doing this is he wants to give him something to kind of try to make up for all the time he'll be gone. Something like that anyway. But what the hell, i dunno, i'm no psycologist. I'm just some looser who plays the bass and the drums and spends far too much time indoors on a computer.

Nice cymbals btw ;)

EHs Music Facebook Page

Last edited by eddiehimself; 02-05-2008 at 08:47 PM.