DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 01-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Mystic

Default Tama Iron Cobra

ok guys I know you were thinking, omg another IC question on how good it is, but thats not what I'm going to say hahahaha, instead I am going to tell you what I think of the IC, I gotta say i wasn't too impressed with the single pedal (hence I didn't get to try the double) but it seemed to be just as good as my stock pearl pedal, not saying it is better or worse, but I was expecting more from it I guess.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Tama Iron Cobra

Well, I currently own a Pearl P122TW double pedal unit, and was thinking about upgrading to Iron Cobra double pedals. Am I better off saving a little more to buy something better? All those in the know, please advise.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendecahedron View Post
...and was thinking about upgrading to... Am I better off saving a little more to buy something better? All those in the know, please advise.
Upgrading is a great idea, always. But just because a pedal costs more does not always mean it's gonna be a better pedal "for you". Your individual participation is a very important part in upgrading. You need to get your feet on as many pedals as possible. Lots of good pedals out there. With many, the differences are probably so insignificant as to be moot. So plain old brand loyalty, looks, the "I've always wanted one of these" factor. All that comes into play as well. Go forth and pedal shop.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:37 AM

Indeed, I know that upgrading is a necessity, that's why I want to know what's best before I shell out the cash. Thing is that the area I l ive in doesn't have any proper music shops where I can try pedals, let alone snares or such. So I mostly go with gut feeling, and it hasn't failed me yet.

This time I want to make sure I'm getting ass-kicking pedals, 'cause that's a piece of gear that receives the most punishment (next to the heads of course), and it's something that can't be that easy or quick to replace (like the heads).

My Pearls are good, though, but, as said before, upgrading is always a good thing.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Mystic

well I can tell you one thing, I really don't think pedals feel really different so don't be really psyched about em, like they all do have different feels, but not a feel that will make you any better, when I played the IC I realized that, the pedal can only do so much, but it is worth getting if you are upgrading from a stock or low end, just the top end pedals I am talking about here, and well as you can see im having a really hard time explaining this hahahah, the moral im trying to get to is, make sure you know what you are getting into, like if you get a pro pedal it'll take a little time to adjust to it and you aren't going to be much better than you are on your current pedal, but if I had to suggest a pedal it'd be the pearl eliminator 2002c (I just like chain more than belt, the belt just costs more and I dont think it feels much different), and like a lot of members have said, the price of the pedal means shit, because , who says it's better than another?, thats for you to decide, and just for the record I'd say go with your gut instinct on the first pedal you buy, otherwise you'll end up like me debating which pedal for a year and a half, better just to grab one, and out of experience with the DW9000 it is a very smooth pedal, I kind of like it, but it's just a tad bit too smooth, and it's a little too pricey i think, but it's really up to you I'll say pearl eliminator, someone else will say IC, it's really all preference and I gotta say, dont think I am bullshitting you when I say this, but you are going to get a good pedal, no matter which one you get up there, because most of them are pretty adjustable and they all feel pretty nice, again just go with your gut instinct, and dont put too much time into research, cuse it comes down to your gut in the end. By the way if you read this post, you are probably sick of me rambling hahahahaha, thx for reading and replying everybody.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 AM

well i recently upgraded rom my Peavey pedal that i used as a beginner to an Iron Cobra Rolling Glide double pedal. i actually got a discount of 20% cuz i bought it wit a Starclassic Bubinga...well it was more or less a trade. anyways it did have a different feel for me cuz on my Peavey pedal i could play just straight heel down wit no problem and plus when i step on the pedal i step and hold up against the bass drum. now wit the IC pedal i find that now i have to change my technique to the heel up now. so i dunno i guess its the way u judge the pedal i mean there are alot of good pedals out there. this is just my opinion on IC pedals. before i was planning on buying a cheap Dixon double pedal for $169 lol.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool1010 View Post
... upgraded rom my Peavey pedal...to an Iron Cobra Rolling Glide double pedal.... i bought it wit a Starclassic Bubinga...it did have a different feel for me cuz on my Peavey pedal i could play just straight heel down wit no problem and plus when i step on the pedal i step and hold up against the bass drum. now wit the IC pedal i find that now i have to change my technique to the heel up now.
Sounds like you have more changes going on than just the pedal. Like a different drum set too. Tama Starclassic. And probably different kick drum heads. And probably also different beater(s) in your pedal. All these things add up to a major change.