DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 01-27-2008, 09:22 AM

Default new japan oak packaging

ever since the japan oaks got these new "performance something" blue packaging, the sticks i always buy seem differnt.

i always get 747b's, and they used to be called the SUPER ROCK's, then they changed their name to the shirashi oak i think, then, a few months ago, they turned into the super rock/shirashi oak's, and they started coming in that blue box thing. ever since theyve been breaking, and would seldom break those sticks prior to the change in packaging. does anyone know whats going on? i feel like the wood is different. i broke a pair today within 10 minutes of playing time, it was rediculous. i never break sticks, its really weird
Old 01-27-2008, 04:01 PM
fourstringdrums

Default Re: new japan oak packaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo998 View Post
ever since the japan oaks got these new "performance something" blue packaging, the sticks i always buy seem differnt.

i always get 747b's, and they used to be called the SUPER ROCK's, then they changed their name to the shirashi oak i think, then, a few months ago, they turned into the super rock/shirashi oak's, and they started coming in that blue box thing. ever since theyve been breaking, and would seldom break those sticks prior to the change in packaging. does anyone know whats going on? i feel like the wood is different. i broke a pair today within 10 minutes of playing time, it was rediculous. i never break sticks, its really weird
Contact Pro-Mark and let them know. They will replace the sticks for you. Years ago I played 808 Nylons religiously and one of the tips would always crack and fall off, which they guarantee not to happen. I emailed someone at Pro-Mark and he told me to send them all to him and he'd send me replacements. I never did it because by that time I had already broken about 10 pairs and even if these were going to be free, I no longer trusted their quality.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: new japan oak packaging

A lot of drum stuff companies are having these issues. They change factories or something and bad batches of stuff are getting put out there. This happened recently with Aquarian heads, Remo heads, Vic Firth sticks, Gretsch drums, and those are just the ones I've heard about.